Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 325 of 644 FirstFirst ... 225 275 315 323 324 325 326 327 335 375 425 ... LastLast
Results 8,101 to 8,125 of 16086

Thread: Suntup Editions

Citizen of Gilead Munnecom is a jewel in the rough Munnecom is a jewel in the rough Munnecom is a jewel in the rough Munnecom is a jewel in the rough

I've been meaning to ask: how worried should we be about the cover of Brother rubbing off when we handle it with our sweaty paws?

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Munnecom View Post
    I've been meaning to ask: how worried should we be about the cover of Brother rubbing off when we handle it with our sweaty paws?
    Don't sweat it! There should be no issue with handling the book, but of course just make sure your hands are clean and sweat-free, as with handling any book. It was really only the Lettered The Road that needed to be handled with gloves.

Gunslinger Apprentice NiceM has a spectacular aura about NiceM has a spectacular aura about NiceM's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by zelig View Post
    Don't sweat it! There should be no issue with handling the book, but of course just make sure your hands are clean and sweat-free, as with handling any book. It was really only the Lettered The Road that needed to be handled with gloves.
    I use those for all my books now 😂
    Looking for SubPress Lettered:Farseer Trilogy; Shadow of the Wind, Angel's Game, Prisoner of Heaven
    Looking for Centipede Press S/L: Dracula

Honky Mahfah MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Cool

There still just over 100 left of Brother and 20 of IAL. So still chances for people to get in the game.

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by NiceM View Post
    Gloves? How do you lick your fingers when you want to turn a page?
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Gunslinger Apprentice Kongo is just really nice Kongo is just really nice Kongo is just really nice Kongo is just really nice Kongo is just really nice Kongo's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Br!an View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by NiceM View Post
    Gloves? How do you lick your fingers when you want to turn a page?
    Hey! That's good Cheeto dust! Best part of eating them

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Nice bottle, firemonkey66 (seriously, it's a pretty atmospheric prop for photos).
    It seems I'm miles above the surface of the Earth

I can see across the whole of London and beyond

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

I love the idea of the broadside; I would love one of those containing the final two paragraphs of It. Maybe someone on etsy can slap one of those together...

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Speaking of the broadside, what is the status? Thanks.

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

It has been printed and will be on hand Friday. I’ll need some time to ship them all out as there are roughly 600. It’s also taking some time to clean the claim form submissions because some people tried to game the system to get the free print when in fact they did not qualify for it. I have some footage of it being printed which I still need to edit into a video. Also have a new book announcement happening so I’m thinking the broadside will ship around mid February. Not too long now. It looks amazing.

Country
    Country Flag

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

It has been printed and will be on hand Friday. I’ll need some time to ship them all out as there are roughly 600. It’s also taking some time to clean the claim form submissions because some people tried to game the system to get the free print when in fact they did not qualify for it. I have some footage of it being printed which I still need to edit into a video. Also have a new book announcement happening so I’m thinking the broadside will ship around mid February. Not too long now. It looks amazing.
    Can't wait to see the video.
    I hope, where possible, that the cheats will suffer from their actions.

Servant of Gan jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Yes! Sweet justice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Honky Mahfah MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Cool

Awesome about the Broadside. Feb is my birthday month. Plus I can't wait for the next announcement.

Citizen of Gilead Aremag is a name known to all Aremag is a name known to all Aremag is a name known to all Aremag is a name known to all Aremag is a name known to all Aremag is a name known to all Aremag's Avatar

My Mood
    Amazed
    Country
    Country Flag

I think the best way for those cheats to suffer is for a red snakeskin Horns to get accidently shipped to me.....that'll show em.

Servant of Gan jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Aremag View Post
    I think the best way for those cheats to suffer is for a red snakeskin Horns to get accidently shipped to me.....that'll show em.
    Yes! But that doesn’t go far enough. I think to really give it to the Broadside Cheats, someone will have to sell me a numbered Misery for the original published price! That’ll stew their guts!

Country
    Country Flag

I was holding my copy of The Road this morning, as is my want, and I was wondering if Cormac McCarthy or any of his people had a reaction to the publication of such a stellar edition.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jeffingoff View Post
    I was holding my copy of The Road this morning, as is my want, and I was wondering if Cormac McCarthy or any of his people had a reaction to the publication of such a stellar edition.

agreed. THEY have to be impressed... and hopefully enough that he will do another one....
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Cormac was delighted with it, as were his agent and publisher. He particularly liked the illustrations.

Country
    Country Flag

Cormac was delighted with it, as were his agent and publisher. He particularly liked the illustrations.
    That’s great to know! Thanks for sharing the reaction. I’m sure it meant a lot to you as well to hear it.

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Yes for sure. It’s very gratifying. The way I see it is that there are two people I serve. The author (or author’s Estate), and the fans & collectors. If I can delight both, then I’m a happy camper.

My Mood
    Cool

Well so far, IMHO, you are doing a great job at serving both. But it's us, the consumer who are the lucky ones because we get to collect your awesome books. You should be a happy camper. You are doing both for sure.

Country
    Country Flag

Yes for sure. It’s very gratifying. The way I see it is that there are two people I serve. The author (or author’s Estate), and the fans & collectors. If I can delight both, then I’m a happy camper.
    To move the people who move you must be the thrill of a lifetime.

My Mood
    Yeehaw

...some people tried to game the system to get the free print when in fact they did not qualify for it...
    Come on, people.

Absolutely; I would think such an individual should be barred from advance notice/purchase rights for future releases. Too strong? Perhaps, but to abuse the Suntup giveaway really is to oppose and defeat the spirit of the giveaway itself.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by St. Troy View Post
    Absolutely; I would think such an individual should be barred from advance notice/purchase rights for future releases. Too strong? Perhaps, but to abuse the Suntup giveaway really is to oppose and defeat the spirit of the giveaway itself.
    It's not even like Paul made people jump through complicated hoops: just prove that you ordered a Suntup book EVER! He even made accommodations for those who purchased via a third party! Ridiculous that people tried to exploit that generosity.

Though barring them from future purchases might be going too far. Because I'd hate to see Paul lose sales. But removing those people from any advance notice email lists seems like a reasonable sanction.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 325 of 644 FirstFirst ... 225 275 315 323 324 325 326 327 335 375 425 ... LastLast