Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 122 of 645 FirstFirst ... 22 72 112 120 121 122 123 124 132 172 222 622 ... LastLast
Results 3,026 to 3,050 of 16105

Thread: Suntup Editions

Servant of Gan jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by peripheral View Post
    Wouldn’t an official (but optional) publisher fix to these pages technically be a “second state”? Or a “rebound” state? I can’t see how it could be a first state.
    Yeah. You said what I meant only much better.

Gunslinger Apprentice FlyerPhan0826 is a jewel in the rough FlyerPhan0826 is a jewel in the rough FlyerPhan0826 is a jewel in the rough FlyerPhan0826 is a jewel in the rough

Quote Originally Posted by jeffingoff View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Father Cody View Post
    For the record, my interest in the value of this book, in terms of whether the error or fixed variant will be inferior, does not necessarily imply I’m looking to sell. It would just bug the hell out of me knowing my copy is not the “better one” the same way a NF copy of a first edition bugs me when I know there’s a Fine copy out there and I don’t have it. Value can be intrinsic, too. I imagine I’m not the only one who sees it that way.
    I really don't know all the ins and outs and I can only speak for myself. But if I had a NE, I'd keep it exactly as it was shipped. Even if everyone else sent theirs in to have the pages reformatted and rebound. This issue is part of the original Suntup story and getting it "fixed" would change that story. Unless it was a structural issue (like so many of my Grant editions!!!! ) then I'd leave it. Just my take on it. Of course, I'd be THRILLED to buy any copies that people felt were inferiror.
    Yea I feel the same way. I don't pack shipments as well as Paul does so I'd be terrified that my book would get damaged on it way to be "fixed".

President-Matt Fisher Fan Club Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Asleep

Paul. I would not mind paying shipping if it is an easy fix for the printer! I personally would like mine fixed if it it’s easy to do! Sounds like there wouldn’t be too many others that would like the same!

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Roseannebarr View Post
    Paul. I would not mind paying shipping if it is an easy fix for the printer! I personally would like mine fixed if it it’s easy to do! Sounds like there wouldn’t be too many others that would like the same!
    I have been thinking about this and I think it should be uniform in whatever is decided. I do not think Paul will want his baby in "2 states" as I just read above. I would agree that the majority do not care (as I really don't.. I mean no one would have ever known if not for the chap on FB that reads his limiteds. haha) BUT if some get it done, then I tend to agree they all should be. I do not think Paul will go the route of a choice (but we will know later today according to the man himself) just because it is his 'baby' so to speak. I am anxious to see what he comes up with though. Either way, I PRAY this impacts him at all as it was CLEARLY not his fault but a mistake in the bindrey department. It happens in my shop daily (most times small bindrey errors) and talking with my wife last night... we would be fixing our error to the customers satisfaction. 100%. We both agreed so fingers crossed this other printer will stand by their work.
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

If there is an option to send the book in for the repair, there will be no way to require every single owner to send theirs in. The only way to have them all be the same is to NOT DO the repair, and owners have to live with the mistake. It seems unlikely that everyone would be pleased with that response, thus I'd be shocked if Paul decided to handle the issue that way.

Maerlyn's Imp HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    If there is an option to send the book in for the repair, there will be no way to require every single owner to send theirs in. The only way to have them all be the same is to NOT DO the repair, and owners have to live with the mistake. It seems unlikely that everyone would be pleased with that response, thus I'd be shocked if Paul decided to handle the issue that way.
    I would venture to guess that the odds of everyone being pleased by whatever the solution may be...will be long
    You have the "Not really concerned" camp...and the "Fix mine now" camp
    "Way of the road, Bubs"

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

I've discussed this with a few people, but have decided to make my views known here as well. For clarity, everything below is just my opinion.

There are only 2 options, Fix none or fix all. Not doing this just worsens the problem. Fixing some only introduces more problems for collectors as it creates an immediate differentiation between what is currently a level playing field. There is an immediate impact on the perceived value of both unfixed (lower) and fixed (higher) copies of the book. Right now everyone's book has the same intrinsic value.

So lets look at the options, starting with Fix All.

In order to fix every book, they must all be shipped back to Paul. This means packing and shipping costs, including books that may have to travel halfway round the globe. Now we have 3 options, all of which will impact whether 100% of the books are fixed.

1. Paul covers ALL costs to get the books back and reshipped
    2. Paul covers some of the cost
    3. Paul covers none of the cost

if 1, I guarantee *everyone* will send their book back. You would be foolish not to. If 2 or 3, then we will have a mixture of people, who can/t/wont pay the amount and wont send the book back, bringing us back to the 2 tier book problem again.
    But 1 is a HUGE financial burden for Paul, one which I personally feel is not warranted. There is NO PRECEDENT for a publisher covering costs for a complete run of books to be changed because of a small binding (or for that matter ANY) issue. This is a dangerous precedent to be set. What happens if all this is done and six months down the line, someone finds a typo in the text? Does it all happen again?

What happens if one or more books are lost or damaged in transit? What is the value of the book? Cost price or street price? I doubt very much you could legally justify that you would receive street price for a lost/damaged book. So anyone deciding to return the book to get it fixed is taking a large financial risk.

So lets look at the alternative, No books are fixed. You still have a book that has increased its value by 8 fold. Nothing is missing from the text and if you are one of the few that will actually read the book, are you really going to be put out by having to skip forward 4 or 5 pages and then skip back to keep with the story flow? No?- I didn't think so.

If this issue truly offends you so much that you cannot live with the book in it's current state, then I am 100% certain that you will be offered a complete refund of the money that you have paid for it, which is all that you are entitled to.

At the end of the day, Paul is a businessman who is running a business. It is not good business to have to cover an expensive returns process for what is a minor binding issue. As collectors we should recognise this and just add the binding issue to the list of similar 'incongruities' we revel in in so many other Collectible books.

my 2c.
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

Rabid Billybumbler amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Hi Paul,

What about for those of us who got the remarques? There would be no extra shipping back and forth to you in this case.

Its not a huge deal, but since there would be less risk in this case I would be interested in knowing the options, and what risks there are involved with fixing this.

On a side note, I find it interesting that so many people on this site say to remove the shrinkwrap (when one is present) to check for defects or you will not be able to return it if one is found years latter, yet in this case, when one is found, few are interested in fixing it.
    Wanted:

'Salem's Lot Portfolio #606

Fairy Tale UK S/L

Citizen of Gilead Aronstg has a spectacular aura about Aronstg has a spectacular aura about Aronstg has a spectacular aura about Aronstg's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by stroppygoblin View Post
    I've discussed this with a few people, but have decided to make my views known here as well. For clarity, everything below is just my opinion.

There are only 2 options, Fix none or fix all. Not doing this just worsens the problem. Fixing some only introduces more problems for collectors as it creates an immediate differentiation between what is currently a level playing field. There is an immediate impact on the perceived value of both unfixed (lower) and fixed (higher) copies of the book. Right now everyone's book has the same intrinsic value.

In order to fix every book, they must all be shipped back to Paul. This means packing and shipping costs, including books that may have to travel halfway round the globe. Now we have 3 options, all of which will impact whether 100% of the books are fixed.

if 1, I guarantee *everyone* will send their book back. You would be foolish not to. If 2 or 3, then we will have a mixture of people, who can/t/wont pay the amount and wont send the book back, bringing us back to the 2 tier book problem again.
    But 1 is a HUGE financial burden for Paul, one which I personally feel is not warranted. There is NO PRECEDENT for a publisher covering costs for a complete run of books to be changed because of a small binding (or for that matter ANY) issue. This is a dangerous precedent to be set. What happens if all this is done and six months down the line, someone finds a typo in the text? Does it all happen again?

What happens if one or more books are lost or damaged in transit? What is the value of the book? Cost price or street price? I doubt very much you could legally justify that you would receive street price for a lost/damaged book. So anyone deciding to return the book to get it fixed is taking a large financial risk.

So lets look at the alternative, No books are fixed. You still have a book that has increased its value by 8 fold. Nothing is missing from the text and if you are one of the few that will actually read the book, are you really going to be put out by having to skip forward 4 or 5 pages and then skip back to keep with the story flow? No?- I didn't think so.

If this issue truly offends you so much that you cannot live with the book in it's current state, then I am 100% certain that you will be offered a complete refund of the money that you have paid for it, which is all that you are entitled to.

At the end of the day, Paul is a businessman who is running a business. It is not good business to have to cover an expensive returns process for what is a minor binding issue. As collectors we should recognise this and just add the binding issue to the list of similar 'incongruities' we revel in in so many other Collectible books.

my 2c.
    Well as RF stated before. #1 is not an option. Even if Paul were to cover the cost to get the books back and reshipped.. I don't know that I would send my copy back... so there is no guarantee.

Also I don't see this as black and white as to only two options. Ultimately Paul is a book publisher. It isn't his duty to manage how the books fair on the secondary market. The best he can do is offer a solution, or not, and go from there. It isn't on his shoulders to come up with this sweeping plan to make sure that all of these books stay consistent in value on a secondary market.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by amd013 View Post
    Hi Paul,

What about for those of us who got the remarques? There would be no extra shipping back and forth to you in this case.

Its not a huge deal, but since there would be less risk in this case I would be interested in knowing the options, and what risks there are involved with fixing this.

On a side note, I find it interesting that so many people on this site say to remove the shrinkwrap (when one is present) to check for defects or you will not be able to return it if one is found years latter, yet in this case, when one is found, few are interested in fixing it.
    I never heard that before about shrinkwrap... I always was told it was to make sure it did not ruin the dustjacket. OR to see if you had a Whelan remarque in your Little Sisters. haha
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Weedeater Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack's Avatar

I'm happy to let Paul decide what to do; he doesn't need my advice.

If he provides an option to have the book corrected, I will seriously consider doing that, even at my own expense. If he does not, but sends an impeccably-designed errata sheet to numbered owners, I'll be more than happy with that option, too.

HBJ
    “If you don't know what you want," the doorman said, "you end up with a lot you don't.”
    ― Chuck Palahniuk, Fight Club

Looking for SubPress Lettered::
    Angel's Game and Prisoner of Heaven (Zafon)
    Ilium (Simmons)

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Hunchback Jack View Post
    I'm happy to let Paul decide what to do; he doesn't need my advice.

If he provides an option to have the book corrected, I will seriously consider doing that, even at my own expense. If he does not, but sends an impeccably-designed errata sheet to numbered owners, I'll be more than happy with that option, too.

HBJ
    Thats a cool idea about the errata sheet brother....
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

President-Matt Fisher Fan Club Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Asleep

Paul, I love my book. If it is an easy fix, I will pay to ship it back. The binder should fix it. At their cost. The collective does not reflect my opinion. I understand any one can request a refund. If I like my book but if it’s an easy fix. I am all for fixing it. It is NOT my business what others want or care to do about their books. Ps love the professional errata sheet. How about a facsimile signature to go with it?

Not to go on all fours; that is the Law. Are we not Men?. T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

As the printer is at fault for misbinding these books, surely they should bear ALL costs associated to put this right? That is what Liability insurance is for, no?

The printer takes ownership of their mistake, fixes the problem and then claims on their insurance....

Gunslinger Apprentice PennyUnwise is a jewel in the rough PennyUnwise is a jewel in the rough PennyUnwise is a jewel in the rough PennyUnwise's Avatar

My Mood
    Relaxed

Quote Originally Posted by Aronstg View Post

my 2c.
    Well as RF stated before. #1 is not an option. Even if Paul were to cover the cost to get the books back and reshipped.. I don't know that I would send my copy back... so there is no guarantee.

Also I don't see this as black and white as to only two options. Ultimately Paul is a book publisher. It isn't his duty to manage how the books fair on the secondary market. The best he can do is offer a solution, or not, and go from there. It isn't on his shoulders to come up with this sweeping plan to make sure that all of these books stay consistent in value on a secondary market.
    I'm with you. My copy is not going back at all. It's the state I got it in and the state it will stay in.

Gunslinger Apprentice FlyerPhan0826 is a jewel in the rough FlyerPhan0826 is a jewel in the rough FlyerPhan0826 is a jewel in the rough FlyerPhan0826 is a jewel in the rough

Quote Originally Posted by PennyUnwise View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Aronstg View Post

my 2c.

I'm with you. My copy is not going back at all. It's the state I got it in and the state it will stay in.
    I'm in this camp as well... I think minor things like this is what makes this type of artwork so awesome

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I'd definitely purchase a returned copy fixed or no. If a waiting list for these comes to pass, please add me to it
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

The Road Virus vincent is a splendid one to behold vincent is a splendid one to behold vincent is a splendid one to behold vincent is a splendid one to behold vincent is a splendid one to behold vincent is a splendid one to behold vincent is a splendid one to behold vincent's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Brian861 View Post
    I'd definitely purchase a returned copy fixed or no. If a waiting list for these comes to pass, please add me to it
    if this is the queue for the waiting list, I'd like to join :-)

Servant of Gan jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by vincent View Post
    Damnit guys! You're gonna get us all in trouble if you hijack this thread and turn it into an Unofficial Wait List for Returned Numbered Editions of Misery. And put me down as number 3.

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

It's still related as the returned product is still a Suntup production
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Along the Path of the Beam scarface will become famous soon enough

Damnit guys! You're gonna get us all in trouble if you hijack this thread and turn it into an Unofficial Wait List for Returned Numbered Editions of Misery. And put me down as number 3.
    And And I am #4!!!
    WANTED:
    Half the World Lettered "LL"
    The First Law Trilogy (S/L)
    George Martin set (S/L)

FOR TRADE:
    Matthew Corbett (FF/W/X/Z) lettered set
    Swan Song,
    Crosstalk,
    Broken Earth Trilogy (SubPress S/L),

Goldmember Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody's Avatar

My Mood
    Chatty

Quote Originally Posted by scarface View Post
    And And I am #4!!!
    Can I be on the waiting list if I already have one? If so, put me down at #5.
    Looking for Mister Slaughter S/L #78

Gunslinger Apprentice PennyUnwise is a jewel in the rough PennyUnwise is a jewel in the rough PennyUnwise is a jewel in the rough PennyUnwise's Avatar

My Mood
    Relaxed

Whoever returns their copy over selling it (if they are that broken up about switched pages) would need to go check into an insane asylum.

Goldmember Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody's Avatar

My Mood
    Chatty

Whoever returns their copy over selling it (if they are that broken up about switched pages) would need to go check into an insane asylum.
    Haha shhhh... just let it happen.
    Looking for Mister Slaughter S/L #78

Country
    Country Flag

So true. But betting on people doing something crazy is always a safe bet.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 122 of 645 FirstFirst ... 22 72 112 120 121 122 123 124 132 172 222 622 ... LastLast