Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 357 of 645 FirstFirst ... 257 307 347 355 356 357 358 359 367 407 457 ... LastLast
Results 8,901 to 8,925 of 16105

Thread: Suntup Editions

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

That's awesome, brother! And what's better than Jeffingoff once, doing it twice

Quote Originally Posted by jeffingoff View Post
    Well I don’t know what I did to deserve such an amazing gift, but I’d like to thank Paul for my Red Dragon ARC. I’m not going to blather here because I already blathered in my unboxing video. Seriously, it’s probably one of my worst unboxings and that’s saying a lot. I get an ARC and you get an unwatchable video. There is no justice.

Again, THANK YOU PAUL!!

https://youtu.be/Nh6fokN9_hE

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Servant of Gan jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute

Country
    Country Flag

I have two more videos to do this weekend (from other publishers books). Maybe three. I'm going to get some tough looks from my wife for sure.

Servant of Gan firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66's Avatar

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ur2ndbiggestfan View Post
    I search E-Bay every day for the Suntup ARCs, but nobody's selling, and I don't blame the owners one bit!
    Well here’s your opportunity... Link to Red Dragon ARC

I can’t help feeling some passing irritation seeing someone open the box containing this awesome ARC and practically breaking their fucking hand jamming it onto eBay as fast as humanly possible.
    Looking for:
    - Philtrum Press Eyes of the Dragon RED #165
    - Fine Viking Eyes of the Dragon proof

Servant of Gan kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by firemonkey66 View Post
    I search E-Bay every day for the Suntup ARCs, but nobody's selling, and I don't blame the owners one bit!

I can’t help feeling some passing irritation seeing someone open the box containing this awesome ARC and practically breaking their fucking hand jamming it onto eBay as fast as humanly possible.
    Makes perfect sense a dealer would get one but would be Cool if they went to people that appreciate them and wanted to add them to their collection.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    ANYTHING DT Related #246
    Dead Zone First Edition F/F or NF/NF

Servant of Gan firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66's Avatar

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by kingfan2323 View Post
    Makes perfect sense a dealer would get one but would be Cool if they went to people that appreciate them and wanted to add them to their collection.

I'm gonna give Roy the benefit of the doubt and assume he received more than one copy, and thus, opened and admired the contents of one while listing the unopened copy on ebay. If he only got one, though, it comes across as a douche-y move to me. But then again, my douche-radar is overly sensitive sometimes.
    Looking for:

Servant of Gan jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute

Country
    Country Flag

I agree. But I know not everyone is in the book buying thing for the same reasons and we all got different situations. So I try not to judge. I just know that I’m not parting with mine.

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jeffingoff View Post

I agree. But I know not everyone is in the book buying thing for the same reasons and we all got different situations. So I try not to judge. I just know that I’m not parting with mine.

I can't give you any rep before I spread some around, so I'll just say it here, the look on your face when you realize what's in the box is what keeps us coming back for more! We live vicariously through you, Jeff
    Looking for:

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

If only I was a rich millionaire with lots of money and cash and moola and sawbucks and offshore and Swiss bank accounts stuffed full of greenbacks and precious jewels like all of youse guys is!
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Roy is a book dealer. He put it up for .99
    Cents. He is a good man.... trying to make money and no longer collects. He was gonna ask $250 and asked if I knew anyone. I informed him of the $1600
    Sale and the other one over a grand. And told him to auction it. I hope he does well. And all us collectors here.... should hope for the same.

HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

I've bought many books from Roy and Bad Moon books, I agree he is a good guy and his e-mails have often made me laugh out loud. He tells it like it is.
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    Roy is a book dealer. He put it up for .99
    Cents. He is a good man.... trying to make money and no longer collects. He was gonna ask $250 and asked if I knew anyone. I informed him of the $1600
    Sale and the other one over a grand. And told him to auction it. I hope he does well. And all us collectors here.... should hope for the same.

I do think it’s great that it gives someone a chance to own this beauty.

Goldmember badmoonbooks will become famous soon enough badmoonbooks will become famous soon enough

My Mood
    Amused

Thanks for the props, Kris. I've been doing this for over 40 years, and this is not the first time I have been considered unscrupulous, nor will it be the last. Like Kris said, I DO NOT collect but sell books to supplement my income as a Lutheran pastor. What some people fail to realize is that as a dealer, we often have to take a lot of oysters to get a pearl. I buy from a lot of the bigger publishers and have to buy a ton of lesser stuff to get the good stuff. When the better items do come along, I need to try to recoup the funds spent on titles that do not sell well. As one person in this thread stated, I DO tend to "tell it like it is", but have softened over the years due to my present occupation, although I am still human. Criticisms from people who don't even know me still sting. OK, I'm out.
    I consider that our present sufferings are not worth comparing to the glory to be revealed in us Romans 8:18

Servant of Gan kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

None of what has been said changes my opinion that it would be cooler if ARCs went to mega fans rather than a dealer that has no interest in it. Pretty uncontroversial and black and white I would think.

ANYTHING DT Related #246
    Dead Zone First Edition F/F or NF/NF

Gunslinger Apprentice OldCrow88 is a splendid one to behold OldCrow88 is a splendid one to behold OldCrow88 is a splendid one to behold OldCrow88 is a splendid one to behold OldCrow88 is a splendid one to behold OldCrow88 is a splendid one to behold OldCrow88 is a splendid one to behold OldCrow88's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

No shade on the seller per se, just noting for the record that the clearly stated 'Not For Sale' on the cover makes the whole auction thing kinda ironic.
    Things that make you go hmmm...
    Alright, we'll call it a draw.

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

One of the reasons that shops like Roy’s gets items like these is because independent publishers recognize the value that these businesses bring in terms of customers and exposure for those presses and their products. I think that any shop selling an item like this is completely expected as a way to help keep the business running. Publishers know this, that’s why you’ll see them distribute these between shops (more likely to resell) and enthusiastic customers (more likely to keep). It’s all good in my opinion.

Speaking of enthusiastic fans, I just watched both Jeff’s un-enveloping (TR Broadside) and unboxing (RD ARC) videos. Always fun and entertaining! Congrats on the receipt both of your gifts, Jeff. I’m happy for you!
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Goldmember badmoonbooks will become famous soon enough badmoonbooks will become famous soon enough

My Mood
    Amused

That “not for sale” is on all ARC’s from almost all publishers and is specifically intended for in-house employees.
    I consider that our present sufferings are not worth comparing to the glory to be revealed in us Romans 8:18

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by badmoonbooks View Post
    Thanks for the props, Kris. I've been doing this for over 40 years, and this is not the first time I have been considered unscrupulous, nor will it be the last. Like Kris said, I DO NOT collect but sell books to supplement my income as a Lutheran pastor. What some people fail to realize is that as a dealer, we often have to take a lot of oysters to get a pearl. I buy from a lot of the bigger publishers and have to buy a ton of lesser stuff to get the good stuff. When the better items do come along, I need to try to recoup the funds spent on titles that do not sell well. As one person in this thread stated, I DO tend to "tell it like it is", but have softened over the years due to my present occupation, although I am still human. Criticisms from people who don't even know me still sting. OK, I'm out.
    Well I'll be damned, I never would have thought you're not a book collector. At first it seemed weird to me, but after thinking about it for a little while, it makes perfect sense. If you don't get high on your own supply, so to speak, you maximize your returns. Needless to say, consider my opinion about the ARC changed, and I apologize for rashly doling out undeserved criticism.

As penance, I'll share a story. One of my father's favorite books is Ender's Game, so for his birthday a number of years ago I bought a S/L Centipede Press Ender's Game from BadMoonBooks on eBay for him. When it arrived, it was packaged quite well, but one of the corners of the slipcase was bumped. I was irritated (surprise surprise), but it was replaced promptly and efficiently, which I appreciated. But then the replacement copy ended up having a glob of binding glue on the bottom edge of the page block that prevented probably a quarter of the pages from turning, and I couldn't remove the glue without causing damage. And I HAD to remove it because I knew my father would actually read the book because that's just the way he is, and I wanted him to enjoy the experience without having to yank apart some of the pages and damage them in the process. I was more irritated this time, but again it was replaced promptly and efficiently, and I can't be 100% positive, but I think the final copy was shipped directly from Jared. My father loved the book, read it carefully per my request, and displays it proudly in perfect (carefully read) condition thanks to BadMoonBooks.

And I just looked in my records and realized I only paid 265 dollars for it, which was 30 dollars less than publishing price; I had totally forgotten about the price. I'll finish this post how I started it, by saying 'well I'll be damned.'
    Looking for:

My Mood
    Amused

Thank you sir!

Guardian of the Beam cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by badmoonbooks View Post
    I can say that I have had only good experiences with Roy - I have both bought and sold books from/to him. He helped me out a bunch with a rather large stock of books in the past - that I hope was mutually beneficial for both of us. Whenever I have seen a book of his on Ebay that interested me (or on his website) I have always contacted him personally and always received excellent customer service. We all do things for our own personal reasons - and there is no reason for anyone to feel the need to share all of the details...alas the tough part of the internet - is that we all have freedom to say what we want and there are little repercussions. This community is different though - many of us have met others and have had long standing relationships, and we help to not let things get out of hand (for the most part).

I forgot to add - on tdt we actually do feel comfortable with each other and therefore we can share a lot of things you might not share in other arenas - because we know and have come to expect a lot of support from everyone - and it has helped members get through some difficult times
    Wanted:
    Gunslinger s/l #344
    Drawing of The Three s/l #344

“A good hockey player plays where the puck is. A great hockey player plays where the puck is going to be.” Wayne Gretzky

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

Yeah, Roy's good people. There's plenty of a*holes to deal with on Ebay but Roy is not one of them. Good luck with the sale, Roy!

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy View Post
    Yeah, Roy's good people. There's plenty of a*holes to deal with on Ebay but Roy is not one of them. Good luck with the sale, Roy!
    I think I totally insulted Badmoonbooks with an offer once. Didn’t mean to. But that Make An Offer option made me do it!

Honky Mahfah MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Cool

I put this same info in my thread, but since it involves Paul and Suntup, I wanted to share it here as well.
    Now this next item needs a little explanation. One day, I think it was Jeff said that Paul should make a Suntup cane. I think every body had a laugh and I said I would use it for sure because I use one anyway.
    Then, out of the blue Paul emailed me and ask how high my current cane was and if I was right or left handed. So I wrote back and told him. A smarter person would have figured out where this was going
    but I just thought it was odd idle talk. Well, I was wrong because a few weeks later I got this in the mail.

I mean, is that not bad ass or what. I freaking love this thing and use it all the time and I have received may compliments
    on it. So thanks Paul. This just shows how good a person you really are.

Citizen of Gilead Aremag is a name known to all Aremag is a name known to all Aremag is a name known to all Aremag is a name known to all Aremag is a name known to all Aremag is a name known to all Aremag's Avatar

My Mood
    Amazed
    Country
    Country Flag

That's awesome as hell. Is there going to be AGEs of the cane and a Jeff unboxing video?

Cane I just say, that's skullright!

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Can someone break my leg so I can ask Paul for a PC copy? Thanks!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 357 of 645 FirstFirst ... 257 307 347 355 356 357 358 359 367 407 457 ... LastLast