Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 346 of 644 FirstFirst ... 246 296 336 344 345 346 347 348 356 396 446 ... LastLast
Results 8,626 to 8,650 of 16087

Thread: Suntup Editions

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by MikeDuke View Post
    OK. Unlike some other updates, this one is more important.
    The Invisible Man and War of the Worlds are now open to the public
    Invisible Man only 15 numbered left. Lettered by lottery
    War of the Worlds 13 left numbered left. Lettered by lottery.
    They both look awesome. Get them while you can.
    Update?
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Honky Mahfah MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Cool

WotW is now sold out. A few left for invisible man.

Honky Mahfah MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Cool

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    Update?
    Well I just saw it now so I figured I may not be the only one who noticed that they were both for sale. If it was already announced, sorry for the repeat info.

Citizen of Gilead Aremag is a name known to all Aremag is a name known to all Aremag is a name known to all Aremag is a name known to all Aremag is a name known to all Aremag is a name known to all Aremag's Avatar

My Mood
    Amazed
    Country
    Country Flag

Congrats to all who managed to get these two if they wanted them. I'm excited about the March announcement and actually being a current number holder for the first time.

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Aremag View Post
    Congrats to all who managed to get these two if they wanted them. I'm excited about the March announcement and actually being a current number holder for the first time.
    I passed as well since RD guaranteed my number for March.
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Servant of Gan shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I snagged a War of the Worlds, a favourite book that ihave enjoyed as boy and man.

Happy.

Out of curiosity, how many were made available today?

Servant of Gan jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute

Country
    Country Flag

Now that the dust is settling and we have 6 Invisible Men standing around and the battle is set in the Lettered Lottery, I wonder how many complete sets will exist. How many bought the set outright like wise individuals? How many (like me) bought The Time Machine individually and then bought the subsequent two individually with the goal of a matching set?

My Mood
    Cool

I was one of the ones who bought the complete numbered set Jeff. No lottery or lettered of me though.

Weedeater Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack's Avatar

I bought the set when The Time Machine was announced, and have entered the lottery for the WotW lettered.

In other news, I received my broadside (whew!) and love it! Looking at framing options now, because this is going ip on the library wall. Thanks, Paul for the thoughtful and generous gift to us all!
    “If you don't know what you want," the doorman said, "you end up with a lot you don't.”
    ― Chuck Palahniuk, Fight Club

Looking for SubPress Lettered::
    Angel's Game and Prisoner of Heaven (Zafon)
    Ilium (Simmons)

My Mood
    Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Hunchback Jack View Post
    I bought the set when The Time Machine was announced, and have entered the lottery for the WotW lettered.

In other news, I received my broadside (whew!) and love it! Looking at framing options now, because this is going ip on the library wall. Thanks, Paul for the thoughtful and generous gift to us all!
    I wish you good luck in the lottery Peter. And yea, the Broadside is very nice. I will have to frame it at some point as well.

Citizen of Gilead Munnecom is a jewel in the rough Munnecom is a jewel in the rough Munnecom is a jewel in the rough Munnecom is a jewel in the rough

Now that everyone has their broadsides, could you all shed some light on your interpretation of the quote? I haven’t read the book itself yet, so perhaps it will make sense for me when I do, but I’d love to hear your thoughts nonetheless.

Servant of Gan jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Munnecom View Post
    Now that everyone has their broadsides, could you all shed some light on your interpretation of the quote? I haven’t read the book itself yet, so perhaps it will make sense for me when I do, but I’d love to hear your thoughts nonetheless.
    It's the last paragraph of the book and to me
    Spoiler:
    it represents irreversible loss and a kind of hopelessness that come with beautiful memories of an out-of-reach past.

**EDIT** still don't have my Broadside, but I do have my copy of the Road with me and I just re-read that last paragraph. Like everything else in The Road it gets right to the bone.

My Mood
    Cool

Invisible Man is now out of print. A big congrats Paul. Good luck to all who entered the contest.

My Mood
    Cool

Quote Originally Posted by jeffingoff View Post
    Spoiler:
    it represents irreversible loss and a kind of hopelessness that come with beautiful memories of an out-of-reach past.

**EDIT** still don't have my Broadside, but I do have my copy of the Road with me and I just re-read that last paragraph. Like everything else in The Road it gets right to the bone.
    I haven't read the book but I saw the movie which is supposed to be very close to the book. Your interpretation makes sense Jeff. I do need to read the poem again though.

Two Gunslingers Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Brian861 View Post
    if you bought Red Dragon, you are allowed to pre-purchase march book without buying HG Wells?
    Wanted
    CD Carrie Portfolio 719
    Dark Tower S/N LE's 171 or 203
    ANY Stephen King S/N LE #171 or 719

A Storm of Swords #218 or 346
    Ancillary Justice #455
    American Gods (+ SC Reader copy) #624

Michael Whelan original art
    DT VII: Michael Whelan Remarque

My Mood
    Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Lookwhoitis View Post
    if you bought Red Dragon, you are allowed to pre-purchase march book without buying HG Wells?
    I think this explains it
    "In addition, The Invisible Man and The War of the Worlds do not include rights to a matching number or letter for our March 2020 book announcement. Only those who purchased Red Dragon will be guaranteed a matching Number and/or Letter to the edition we announce in March 2020"

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

yes
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Country
    Country Flag

Yep

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by RC65 View Post
    I have pictures up of my framed ROAD broadside up on Twitter:

https://twitter.com/ron_clinton/stat...206676997?s=21

I hesitated to cover up the Suntup name and date, but the ready-made 5x7 matting and 8x10 frame (which has a charred look that echoes the post-apocalyptic theme of McCarthy’s book) was a fraction of custom, and I think it still looks great.
    Those photos are amazing Ron. Really shows the texture of the paper so well. And it looks great in that frame, even without SE!

Quote Originally Posted by amd013 View Post
    Hi Paul,

I vaguely recall the lottery, but am not 100% sure I entered. I don't seem to recall the question about if you would buy both or just one, so I now have my doubts. Is there a way to double check? Is there a penalty if I enter twice?
    Go ahead and enter twice if you are not certain. I strip out duplicate entries anyway and no, there's no penalty. (Please don't everyone submit twice now!)

Quote Originally Posted by shaq View Post
    I snagged a War of the Worlds, a favourite book that ihave enjoyed as boy and man.

Happy.

Out of curiosity, how many were made available today?
    I think it went out at around 25-30 copies.

Spoiler:

It sure does. It is one of my absolute favorite pieces of writing. I have a hard time putting into words how spectacular that paragraph is. It really is perfection in every sense.

Servant of Gan shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Only 25 to 30 available today. Wow.

I feel even more privileged now.

I need to make a video opening it.....and suddenly, the lid fell off!!!

Weedeater Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack's Avatar

Spoiler:

Like, after you've unboxed something, you can't unbox it again. Even if you rebox it, it's just not the same.

HBJ
    “If you don't know what you want," the doorman said, "you end up with a lot you don't.”
    ― Chuck Palahniuk, Fight Club

Looking for SubPress Lettered::
    Angel's Game and Prisoner of Heaven (Zafon)
    Ilium (Simmons)

Demon of the Prim RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by zelig View Post
    It sure does. It is one of my absolute favorite pieces of writing. I have a hard time putting into words how spectacular that paragraph is. It really is perfection in every sense.
    In some sense, the entire book is like that for me. More than any book I've ever read, it is more a work of art than a work of fiction...to borrow phrasing from the paragraph, it hums with the mystery of humanity and its tenuous environment, of the love and fear in parenthood and childhood, of both the richness and frailty of life, in a way that no other book I've yet experienced does. It creates characters who hum with life and familiarity, yet we never learn their names...they are us, they are them, they are all we are and all we yearn and grasp to be.

THE ROAD is my favorite book by a long stretch, and while I regret I wasn't able to afford a copy of the Suntup edition when it was published, I'm so pleased that McCarthy's work received the Suntup deluxe, celebratory treatment that it so richly deserves and that Paul's broadside generosity allowed hundreds of us to join that celebration in a small way. I'm not an especially religious man, but when I read the masterwork that is THE ROAD, the experience was undeniably soul-stirring...and now when I look up from my screen and see the framed broadside upon my office wall I remember years ago when it almost seemed as though through THE ROAD I touched the hand of God.

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by RC65 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by zelig View Post
    In some sense, the entire book is like that for me. More than any book I've ever read, it is more a work of art than a work of fiction...to borrow phrasing from the paragraph, it hums with the mystery of humanity and its tenuous environment, of the love and fear in parenthood and childhood, of both the richness and frailty of life, in a way that no other book I've yet experienced does. It creates characters who hum with life and familiarity, yet we never learn their names...they are us, they are them, they are all we are and all we yearn and grasp to be.

THE ROAD is my favorite book by a long stretch, and while I regret I wasn't able to afford a copy of the Suntup edition when it was published, I'm so pleased that McCarthy's work received the Suntup deluxe, celebratory treatment that it so richly deserves and that Paul's broadside generosity allowed hundreds of us to join that celebration in a small way. I'm not an especially religious man, but when I read the masterwork that is THE ROAD, the experience was undeniably soul-stirring...and now when I look up from my screen and see the framed broadside upon my office wall I remember years ago when it almost seemed as though through THE ROAD I touched the hand of God.
    Very well stated. The book has that effect on you.

Country
    Country Flag

Question for Paul:

When it comes to retaining our number, does it matter if we purchase during the public or private order window? For example, I wrestled with my internal accountant about buying the complete Wells set for so long that by the time I bought The Time Machine it was during the public preorder phase. I assumed since I bought direct from you my number for The Time Machine would match my number for I Am Legend. But a convo emerged on the social media and it woke up my anxiety (not tough to do since my anxiety never sleeps or closes its eyes or relinquishes control of my brain). So I thought I'd put the question to you here in case anyone else's anxiety needed some fuel. Does it matter if it's public or private as long as it's direct from you?

Sincerely,

Jeff's Anxiety

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

Question for Paul:

When it comes to retaining our number, does it matter if we purchase during the public or private order window? For example, I wrestled with my internal accountant about buying the complete Wells set for so long that by the time I bought The Time Machine it was during the public preorder phase. I assumed since I bought direct from you my number for The Time Machine would match my number for I Am Legend. But a convo emerged on the social media and it woke up my anxiety (not tough to do since my anxiety never sleeps or closes its eyes or relinquishes control of my brain). So I thought I'd put the question to you here in case anyone else's anxiety needed some fuel. Does it matter if it's public or private as long as it's direct from you?

Sincerely,

Jeff's Anxiety
    I am not Paul, but I play Paul on the internet sometimes.

It doesn't matter. The owner of the previous volume will retain their number as long as they purchase each requisite volume whether purchased during the presale or the public sale.
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

+ Reply to Thread
Page 346 of 644 FirstFirst ... 246 296 336 344 345 346 347 348 356 396 446 ... LastLast