Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 280 of 644 FirstFirst ... 180 230 270 278 279 280 281 282 290 330 380 ... LastLast
Results 6,976 to 7,000 of 16091

Thread: Suntup Editions

Millionth Post Club racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Munnecom View Post

I can’t believe you let him touch your snake in public. Have you no shame?
    It just happen so fast...
    Perhaps I am simply a madman who dreamt of being sane for a little while.
    — Roland Deschain

Servant of Gan jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by racerx45 View Post

As always Joe takes the time to talk to you when he is signing books. He did not look over and notice it until I asked him what he thought of it. He said it’s a beautiful book and then reached out for it. He opened it and looked at few pages commented on the amazing art. Then asked if I wanted a doddle in it. As he opened to the signature page, I said I didn’t think so and he nodded his head and said, yeah it is too special of a book and we should leave it alone. Then he started looking through is again. I could tell he really likes it. Then when the photo happened, he said let’s worship the bible.

It was really amazing and I am so happy I had the opportunity.

The other really cool thing was as I was putting the book away, I hear someone in line say “That’s a Suntup Edition!” I didn’t look up in time to see who said but it put a smile on my face.
    That's an awesome story. Thank you for sharing it.

I probably would have gone for the doodle. Though in reality I probably wouldn't have had the numbered Suntup with me because I'd bee too afraid of what could happen.

Weedeater Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by zelig View Post
    After reading over a good discussion at the CD Forum, it inspired me to write this. I felt it should be posted here as well. :-)

Spoiler:
    Part I

If I think back to the spark of inspiration or the overarching vision of the press at its infancy, it was (and still is) about the desire to produce a book in such a way, so as to stand alongside some of the finest throughout the history of it all. I only travel the path, head bowed in reverence to the giants who came before, and humbly take my crack at it. Whether that goal is being achieved or not may be up for debate, but at the heart of it, is the desire. The essence of something that is not of modern times, but rather quite ancient.

I consider myself an amateur. But I am one armed with the desire to produce a book. If I were to ask myself, what do I appreciate more. Paper or signature. Printing process or signature. Craft or signature. Tactility or signature. Scent or signature. History or signature. Art or signature. Binding design and execution or signature. Legacy or signature and so on...my answer would always be with the former; in every case.

What I do is about the book. The book is the book is the book. The signature is not the book. This extends not only to the unique elements of production and materials, but also to the written word. It is driven by that. The story. The author. The worlds that exist only in our minds, the escape, the reach of it. The impact on popular culture, or the literary landscape. The great minds, the thinkers and dreamers, and yes in the words of Mr. Jobs, the crazy ones, the misfits, the rebels. On the physical plane, that is who I serve. These people, and their words.

And how do I do that? By making the best book I know how, and thereby honoring them in this way. And I tell you, signature has little to do with any of that. Nor does it have much at all to do with cost of production. What does is the materials, the paper, the printing, the binding, and so on. When I make a book, I am saying to the author, living or not; you are a genius. You moved me and so many others. And for that, I offer this.

Part II

Because of my lifelong love for this genre, this popular and fan culture, most of the books I make, and will continue to make fall within that space. And it is a space not entirely accustomed to the type of book I feel compelled to create. This is not uncharted territory, but I do feel that it is not often travelled.

Many of the questions that come up are entirely valid. I honor them and respect them. The discussions that ensue are a good thing. A great thing. And then there are the opinions deficient in facts which would otherwise give them heft. We are presented with a chasm. We have become accustomed to equate price with signature for so long. We have become used to a certain price point, a level of quality. A look. A feel. I respect that. But with me producing what I am, at times it may require a paradigm shift.

For some, it is jarring--an opportunity to criticize; and for others it is an entirely welcome and joyous event. And still for others, it is simply not their cup of tea and that is absolutely fine. You are not less than or more than for your pull toward or away from. You simply are, and should be anchored in that. As am I. Who I seek are lovers of the type of book I produce. Or those who perhaps did not put too much thought into it, but now do.

I do not seek unending praise, but that which has come my way has been genuine and heartfelt, and for this I am most grateful. I am grateful to everyone who have supported the press, both as a customer or simply by cheering me on. I did not expect most of this, nor the level of enthusiasm for the books we make. It inspires me. It drives me to continue on. And if I mess up, don't be afraid to tell me. Constructively. Respectfully. Ask rather than judge. Comment with the armor of fact instead of the inefficiency of assumption. Or just speak your mind! I get a kick out of that too.

Is there longevity in this? In some ways, that's irrelevant. The relevancy lies in the creating. And if there are people who rise to it, then it is meant to be that way. I seek to live an authentic life. We so often, and for so long, do not. And there is authenticity on this path and in the product of these immense efforts. And that is all I can ask for.

Part III

So as not to entirely diminish the signature as an integral part of the book, having been a collector and a fan, I understand the value and importance of it to many of us. It may not drive me, but I do not ignore it. Am I after a McCarthy signature? You bet I am!

If through all of this, I do something to make you smile. To take you away from the pain points, to excite and animate. To inspire. To change your state from this to that, to give you pause. To pump the blood. To lift you off the ground. To make you feel alive. To champion the idea of following your dreams, no matter how impossible they may seem. Then I have done my job, and that alone is worth dedicating my life to.
    All I can say is, “Hear Hear!”.

Your intent has been pretty clear from the start, and is why I continue to buy Suntup editions, even of titles and authors I’ve yet to discover. Because the book itself - it’s quality and craftsmanship - is the main attraction for me.

HBJ
    “If you don't know what you want," the doorman said, "you end up with a lot you don't.”
    ― Chuck Palahniuk, Fight Club

Looking for SubPress Lettered::
    Angel's Game and Prisoner of Heaven (Zafon)
    Ilium (Simmons)

Rabid Billybumbler amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jeffingoff View Post
    So I brought my Horns S/L with me to Joe's event last night. I thought it would be cool to have a photo with Joe and the book.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
    What a great opportunity! What was Joe's reaction when you busted that beauty out?
    As always Joe takes the time to talk to you when he is signing books. He did not look over and notice it until I asked him what he thought of it. He said it’s a beautiful book and then reached out for it. He opened it and looked at few pages commented on the amazing art. Then asked if I wanted a doddle in it. As he opened to the signature page, I said I didn’t think so and he nodded his head and said, yeah it is too special of a book and we should leave it alone. Then he started looking through is again. I could tell he really likes it. Then when the photo happened, he said let’s worship the bible.

It was really amazing and I am so happy I had the opportunity.

The other really cool thing was as I was putting the book away, I hear someone in line say “That’s a Suntup Edition!” I didn’t look up in time to see who said but it put a smile on my face.
    Thanks for the story. Now I understand why he is looking up like that.
    Wanted:

'Salem's Lot Portfolio #606

Fairy Tale UK S/L

Let the Right One In CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Not directly related to Suntup but Brother is on sale for $1.99 for the Kindle if anyone wanted to read it before the limited edition comes out.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00P42WZBG/
    A hound will die for you, but never lie to you. And he'll look you straight in the face.

My Collection

Gunslinger Apprentice Kongo is just really nice Kongo is just really nice Kongo is just really nice Kongo is just really nice Kongo is just really nice Kongo's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by CyberGhostface View Post
    Not directly related to Suntup but Brother is on sale for $1.99 for the Kindle if anyone wanted to read it before the limited edition comes out.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00P42WZBG/
    Thank you for sharing this. Definitely took advantage of the sale

Servant of Gan sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Respect!

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by sharki69 View Post
    Respect!

Ahhhh, just a wanna be, Stephen King, my man!! Nothing to get wild about!!! LOL LOL

Spoiler:
    Seriously though, Big Time Respect, Amigo!!!!!!!

Servant of Gan jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute

Country
    Country Flag

That’s fantastic guys! Love the Forum Foto. Or Phorum Photo?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Country
    Country Flag

Default Suntup Press

Removed —double posting.

Citizen of Gilead Munnecom is a jewel in the rough Munnecom is a jewel in the rough Munnecom is a jewel in the rough Munnecom is a jewel in the rough

Quote Originally Posted by lotuz View Post
    For me, it's a tie between Suntup's Horns and Misery and Amaranthine Books' Dracula (some call it tacky, I love it). I have one on the way that might just take the top spot, though. I'll have to see it in person first, but my expectations are very high.

Oooooooooooooo... do share when you get it! Something that meets or exceeds those books must be very nice indeed
    Here it is, as promised: click.

Millionth Post Club racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Respect!

Very cool. Congratulations!
    — Roland Deschain

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

For me, it's a tie between Suntup's Horns and Misery and Amaranthine Books' Dracula (some call it tacky, I love it). I have one on the way that might just take the top spot, though. I'll have to see it in person first, but my expectations are very high.

Oooooooooooooo... do share when you get it! Something that meets or exceeds those books must be very nice indeed
    VERY COOL MY MAN. RF has one of those
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Demon of the Prim lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post

VERY COOL MY MAN. RF has one of those
    SUPER COOL! Congrats! I remember seeing RF's a while back and thinking that it was quite the striking (and creepy) production. Infernal House and Bloodletting Press did some neat stuff for a short time there...

Servant of Gan Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

WOW. That's stunning! I have never seen one of those Lettered's before! Congrats!

Servant of Gan Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Nice pics with Joe! Thanks for sharing.

I'm considering bringing my Horns AGE to be inscribed(since it's already signed!) and maybe doodled if he's in a generous mood

Good idea or bad? Honest thoughts!

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Beverly Marsh View Post

I'm considering bringing my Horns AGE to be inscribed(since it's already signed!) and maybe doodled if he's in a generous mood

I think it’s a great idea. Though I’d be angling for the doodle instead of the inscription. Just my preference.

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

I think it’s a great idea. Though I’d be angling for the doodle instead of the inscription. Just my preference.

I agree Jeff. I'm hoping he'll just offer it up with zero prompting, lol

Country
    Country Flag

It sounds like he has with racerx45 and his Numbered edition.
    **EDIT** So he might just do it with no prompting. Seems like it shouldn't be a big ask.

Weedeater Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack's Avatar

Wow, huge congratulations! I’ve heard about this legendary edition but seen very few pics. Thanks very much for posting them.
    “If you don't know what you want," the doorman said, "you end up with a lot you don't.”
    ― Chuck Palahniuk, Fight Club

Looking for SubPress Lettered::
    Angel's Game and Prisoner of Heaven (Zafon)
    Ilium (Simmons)

Honky Mahfah MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Cool

IAL seems to be moving fast all of a sudden. It was sitting at 50 for a few days, and in like 2-3 day we are now at 40 left.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by MikeDuke View Post
    IAL seems to be moving fast all of a sudden. It was sitting at 50 for a few days, and it like 2-3 day we are now at 40 left.
    Thanks Mike!

HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Country
    Country Flag

It sounds like he has with racerx45 and his Numbered edition.
    **EDIT** So he might just do it with no prompting. Seems like it shouldn't be a big ask.
    @Beverly – If I had planned ahead, I would have picked up a copy or two of the AGE and would have asked for a doddle. My guess is he’ll offer to do one or both and I would let him run with it.

@jeffingoff – You are correct he offered to add a doddle in my S/L.
    — Roland Deschain

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

So I brought my Horns S/L with me to Joe's event last night. I thought it would be cool to have a photo with Joe and the book.
    That's awesome!

Respect!

Was great meeting you there, Shac! Thanks again to your daughter for helping me out with some sigs!
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

+ Reply to Thread
Page 280 of 644 FirstFirst ... 180 230 270 278 279 280 281 282 290 330 380 ... LastLast