Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 322 of 645 FirstFirst ... 222 272 312 320 321 322 323 324 332 372 422 ... LastLast
Results 8,026 to 8,050 of 16105

Thread: Suntup Editions

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

It may be sacrilege, but I thought "Brother" was/is a fair story 3/6 beers on the RFSRS (Randall Flagg six pack rating system). Though it was a quick and compelling read, in my mind it had no redeeming qualities.

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

I read a chapter of Bridges. Enough said.
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Demon of the Prim lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    It may be sacrilege, but I thought "Brother" was/is a fair story 3/6 beers on the RFSRS (Randall Flagg six pack rating system). Though it was a quick and compelling read, in my mind it had no redeeming qualities.
    "Compelling" gets a lot of mileage from me these days. It's definitely not an indicator of "quality" - I find the Jack Reacher books utterly compelling but not of particularly high quality - but for a book to totally pull me out of the real world and make me want to skip work and sleep in order to finish it, that's not so common for me now.

So definitely not a lot of love so far for Bridges! Will be curious as more people chime in. Looking at reviews, I see that the film is particularly well reviewed (7.6 on IMDB, 90% on Rotten Tomatoes, 3.5/4 stars from Ebert) but I don't see as many book reviews - just a lot of mentions that it is a best-seller, which is in and of itself a meta-review, of sorts.

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian861 View Post
    Agreed. I have to ask because if you did not read this book... you are missing out.
    You aren't missing much
    You’re literally the only person I have ever heard said that so I’m going to have to disagree as many others will too
    It is to me like Doctor Sleep is for you. I found it extremely predictable. I love the quality of Paul's production so not knocking that at all. It's not the first book I owned that I didn't care for and certainly won't be the last.
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Agreed. I have to ask because if you did not read this book... you are missing out.
    You aren't missing much
    You’re literally the only person I have ever heard said that so I’m going to have to disagree as many others will too
    It is to me like Doctor Sleep is for you. I found it extremely predictable. I love the quality of Paul's production so not knocking that at all. It's not the first book I owned that I didn't care for and certainly won't be the last.
    Oh I agree we all have diff opinions... but I have heard many not like Doctor Sleep... and pretty much only you have the hate for Brother. Oh well! Not a big deal but I would not keep anyone from reading it and forming an opinion for themselves.
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Paul is in California.
    I am in California.
    My shipment is in Des Moines, Iowa.
    Go figure.
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Gunslinger Apprentice sullichin will become famous soon enough sullichin will become famous soon enough sullichin's Avatar

Brother arrived! Still have to read it...

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

You aren't missing much
    Oh I agree we all have diff opinions... but I have heard many not like Doctor Sleep... and pretty much only you have the hate for Brother. Oh well! Not a big deal but I would not keep anyone from reading it and forming an opinion for themselves.
    Hate is a strong word, just didn't care for it. Definitely agree that everyone should read books, any book and form their own opinions. I think we've this enough.

Let's focus on why we're really here. To appreciate and praise Paul and company for the amazing job they are doing. Brother is another great production and as with any Suntup, has to be held to be appreciated.

Now, who wants to trade me their Horns for it
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Citizen of Gilead RichardX is just really nice RichardX is just really nice RichardX is just really nice RichardX is just really nice RichardX is just really nice RichardX's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I read both Brother and Within These Walls. Both are sort of middling horror novels. Not great and not horrible. Brother reads a lot like several horror movies including Texas Chainsaw and Devil's Rejects. With that said, I give Suntup credit for straying outside the box. A great production even if the underlying book is somewhat lacking. I would like to see a few more of these releases that promote lesser known authors and books.

Country
    Country Flag

Servant of Gan kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by RichardX View Post
    I read both Brother and Within These Walls. Both are sort of middling horror novels. Not great and not horrible. Brother reads a lot like several horror movies including Texas Chainsaw and Devil's Rejects. With that said, I give Suntup credit for straying outside the box. A great production even if the underlying book is somewhat lacking. I would like to see a few more of these releases that promote lesser known authors and books.
    Ania actually mentions the movie she credits with the inspiration for her book in the acknowledgements. Watched it last night. Chained directed by Jennifer Lynch (yes, THAT Lynch). Was clearly an influence. Vincent D'Onofrio is fantastically creepy as hell.

seeking: anything DT#246, Strange Weather (CD)
    ANYTHING DT Related #246
    Dead Zone First Edition F/F or NF/NF

Let the Right One In CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I really liked 'Brother' and probably would have never read it if not for Suntup. I have a three month Kindle unlimited membership and checked out another book by Ania Ahlborn called "If You See Her" but it wasn't as good IMO.

People here mentioning 'The Devil's Rejects' and 'The Texas Chainsaw Massacre' here is also one of the reasons why I decided to give it a shot lol as I like those kinds of movies.
    A hound will die for you, but never lie to you. And he'll look you straight in the face.

My Collection

Gunslinger Apprentice Kongo is just really nice Kongo is just really nice Kongo is just really nice Kongo is just really nice Kongo is just really nice Kongo's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by CyberGhostface View Post
    I really liked 'Brother' and probably would have never read it if not for Suntup. I have a three month Kindle unlimited membership and checked out another book by Ania Ahlborn called "If You See Her" but it wasn't as good IMO.

People here mentioning 'The Devil's Rejects' and 'The Texas Chainsaw Massacre' here is also one of the reasons why I decided to give it a shot lol as I like those kinds of movies.
    Brother genuinely surprised me. I'm normally not caught off guard when it comes to "twists", but Brother got me. I also recommend Seed. It's a quick read and pretty good

Weedeater Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack's Avatar

Seed is my next Alborn to read. I bought it on Kindle and audio.
    “If you don't know what you want," the doorman said, "you end up with a lot you don't.”
    ― Chuck Palahniuk, Fight Club

Looking for SubPress Lettered::
    Angel's Game and Prisoner of Heaven (Zafon)
    Ilium (Simmons)

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

SPAM
    Reported to the admins
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
    ------------------------------------------------

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

After it’s California-to-California-via-Iowa postal tour, my copy of BROTHER arrived this morning. Man, is it beautiful. Like we all know, you can look at photos, but you don’t get the real experience until you see it in person. I absolutely love the cover design and materials, and everything else about this edition. Thank you, Team Suntup!
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Honky Mahfah MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Cool

Brother sure is a great production. I love the look and feel of the book. To me, the look and feel sort of give you a feeling that you are going
    to read something in-nerving. And I like that synergy.

Servant of Gan firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66's Avatar

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

Some pics of the lettered and numbered Brother. Both fine productions. The words that come to mind when holding the lettered are earthy and dense; a very cool edition. The boards have a stony, heavy quality to them.

Looking for:
    - Philtrum Press Eyes of the Dragon RED #165
    - Fine Viking Eyes of the Dragon proof

Servant of Gan kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

So cool. Thank you so much for the pics. Beautiful creative photography as well.

seeking: anything DT#246, Strange Weather (CD)
    ANYTHING DT Related #246
    Dead Zone First Edition F/F or NF/NF

Weedeater Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack's Avatar

Wow, that lettered edition looks amazing! I was expecting the cover to be similar to the Dark half dragon rebound edition, but it looks very different to that.

Congratulations, and what amazing photos!
    “If you don't know what you want," the doorman said, "you end up with a lot you don't.”
    ― Chuck Palahniuk, Fight Club

Looking for SubPress Lettered::
    Angel's Game and Prisoner of Heaven (Zafon)
    Ilium (Simmons)

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Stunning production, and great pics.
    Congratulations.

Breaker Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks for the great photos and opportunity to see the lettered
    Wish List:
    Any of the following flatsigned or inscribed-
    It, Shining, Salem’s Lot, Mr. Mercedes, The Stand
    Brother ARC, Seed ARC

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Great photos! That Lettered edition is stunning.

Gunslinger Apprentice PennyUnwise is a jewel in the rough PennyUnwise is a jewel in the rough PennyUnwise is a jewel in the rough PennyUnwise's Avatar

My Mood
    Relaxed

[Double Post]
    Lettered Wants:
    Altered Carbon "O"

Lettereds for Trade:
    The Passage Trilogy
    Wool Trilogy
    Silence of the Lambs
    Jekyll & Hyde

Gunslinger Apprentice PennyUnwise is a jewel in the rough PennyUnwise is a jewel in the rough PennyUnwise is a jewel in the rough PennyUnwise's Avatar

My Mood
    Relaxed

That looks great! Must say though, feel bad for the person on eBay paying over $350 for the numbered when they are still available on the site in abundance.
    Lettered Wants:
    Altered Carbon "O"

Lettereds for Trade:
    The Passage Trilogy
    Wool Trilogy
    Silence of the Lambs
    Jekyll & Hyde

+ Reply to Thread
Page 322 of 645 FirstFirst ... 222 272 312 320 321 322 323 324 332 372 422 ... LastLast