+ Reply to Thread
Page 352 of 384 FirstFirst ... 252 302 342 350 351 352 353 354 362 ... LastLast
Results 8,776 to 8,800 of 9588

Thread: Suntup Press

  1. #8776
    Rabid Billybumbler Hunchback Jack has much to be proud of Hunchback Jack has much to be proud of Hunchback Jack has much to be proud of Hunchback Jack has much to be proud of Hunchback Jack has much to be proud of Hunchback Jack has much to be proud of Hunchback Jack has much to be proud of Hunchback Jack has much to be proud of Hunchback Jack has much to be proud of Hunchback Jack has much to be proud of Hunchback Jack's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    2,677

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jeffingoff View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeDuke View Post
    The Great and Secret Show is not a stand alone book. Everville goes with that book. It's part of what is called "The Art Series". Will there be a third, I don't know. I thought there was a rumor that there would be.
    Books like, Imajica, The Thief of Always, along with a number of others that are easily found on Wikipedia are stand alone books that could be done as a single book.
    I think Barker is done writing. I suspect his last book The Scarlet Gospels was actually written by Mark Alan Miller--the author who wrote The Toll. I doubt we'll ever get the third book of The Art.
    I fear you are right, but I hope not.

    I think the scarlet gospels was written by Barker, but in a completely different form, and I think it was a chaotic mess. Miller took that material, excised 2/3 of it, and assembled a novel from it. So I wouldn’t go so far as to say that Miller wrote the book, but he certainly was responsible for assembling it from raw materials not fit for publication.

    If we see another book from Barker, I think it will be done the same way – Barker does a first draft, and Miller or another author makes it publishable. Abarat 4 Has been almost done for about five years now, and it’s hard to know if we will ever see it. There’s probably something there, but I expect it still needs a lot of revision to be published. I suspect revising his work is Barker’s least favorite thing to do, Which is why he can tease people with photos of manuscripts in various stages of development, but nothing gets published.
    “If you don't know what you want," the doorman said, "you end up with a lot you don't.”
    ― Chuck Palahniuk, Fight Club

    Looking for SubPress Lettered::
    Angel's Game and Prisoner of Heaven
    Wolf's Hour
    Mister Slaughter
    Ilium

  2. #8777
    Vagrant Dead MikeDuke has much to be proud of MikeDuke has much to be proud of MikeDuke has much to be proud of MikeDuke has much to be proud of MikeDuke has much to be proud of MikeDuke has much to be proud of MikeDuke has much to be proud of MikeDuke has much to be proud of MikeDuke has much to be proud of

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Somewhere between here and there
    Posts
    4,006
    My Mood
    Mellow

    Default

    Yea Jeff. I know. He was (is) sick. But if you look on his site, he does have some stuff scheduled for 2020. Even Wikipedia has that book Deep Hill but it says (TBA). So who knows.
    OK, enough speculation on Barker, time to speculate on Suntup .
    I'm a Rebel in the F.D.G

  3. #8778
    Rabid Billybumbler St. Troy has much to be proud of St. Troy has much to be proud of St. Troy has much to be proud of St. Troy has much to be proud of St. Troy has much to be proud of St. Troy has much to be proud of St. Troy has much to be proud of St. Troy has much to be proud of St. Troy has much to be proud of St. Troy has much to be proud of St. Troy's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    Near Boston
    Posts
    2,966
    My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag
    Gender
    Gender

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MikeDuke View Post
    The Great and Secret Show is not a stand alone book. Everville goes with that book. It's part of what is called "The Art Series". Will there be a third, I don't know. I thought there was a rumor that there would be.
    Barker has said that he has the structure for the third Book of the Art but that it won't be written until after he writes the fourth and fifth Books of Abarat (which he reportedly is working on, but...), so this won't happen anytime soon.

    This kind of thing didn't stop multiple publishers from producing distinctive editions of A Song Of Ice And Fire novels, but I doubt it would happen with anything lacking that series' incredible demand (unless a publisher had inside info about Barker's plans and proceeded accordingly). Having said that, I think if Paul were interested in the Books of the Art, I doubt he'd be scared off by a delay on Book 3.

    Quote Originally Posted by MikeDuke View Post
    Books like, Imajica, The Thief of Always, along with a number of others that are easily found on Wikipedia are stand alone books that could be done as a single book.
    I think The Thief Of Always would make a great one for Suntup to produce.

    Overall, Barker has quite a catalog of interesting works that could inspire interesting editions.
    Eliza dear, you know, there's something I should say

    I never really loved you, but I'll miss you anyway

  4. #8779
    Rabid Billybumbler Hunchback Jack has much to be proud of Hunchback Jack has much to be proud of Hunchback Jack has much to be proud of Hunchback Jack has much to be proud of Hunchback Jack has much to be proud of Hunchback Jack has much to be proud of Hunchback Jack has much to be proud of Hunchback Jack has much to be proud of Hunchback Jack has much to be proud of Hunchback Jack has much to be proud of Hunchback Jack's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    2,677

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MikeDuke View Post
    The Great and Secret Show is not a stand alone book. Everville goes with that book. It's part of what is called "The Art Series". Will there be a third, I don't know. I thought there was a rumor that there would be.
    Books like, Imajica, The Thief of Always, along with a number of others that are easily found on Wikipedia are stand alone books that could be done as a single book.
    Yes, I’m aware that it’s part of a series. I just meant that it works well enough as a standalone novel that you could publish it alone, without committing to the rest of the (unfinished) series.

    Subterranean press just did something similar with Iain M. Banks’ Use of Weapons.
    “If you don't know what you want," the doorman said, "you end up with a lot you don't.”
    ― Chuck Palahniuk, Fight Club

    Looking for SubPress Lettered::
    Angel's Game and Prisoner of Heaven
    Wolf's Hour
    Mister Slaughter
    Ilium

  5. #8780
    Vagrant Dead MikeDuke has much to be proud of MikeDuke has much to be proud of MikeDuke has much to be proud of MikeDuke has much to be proud of MikeDuke has much to be proud of MikeDuke has much to be proud of MikeDuke has much to be proud of MikeDuke has much to be proud of MikeDuke has much to be proud of

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Somewhere between here and there
    Posts
    4,006
    My Mood
    Mellow

    Default

    That's fine on the Book of The Art series because I still have to read the first two. I need to finish some stuff first and then I am going to dive more into Barker.
    I'm a Rebel in the F.D.G

  6. #8781
    Vagrant Dead MikeDuke has much to be proud of MikeDuke has much to be proud of MikeDuke has much to be proud of MikeDuke has much to be proud of MikeDuke has much to be proud of MikeDuke has much to be proud of MikeDuke has much to be proud of MikeDuke has much to be proud of MikeDuke has much to be proud of

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Somewhere between here and there
    Posts
    4,006
    My Mood
    Mellow

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hunchback Jack View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeDuke View Post
    The Great and Secret Show is not a stand alone book. Everville goes with that book. It's part of what is called "The Art Series". Will there be a third, I don't know. I thought there was a rumor that there would be.
    Books like, Imajica, The Thief of Always, along with a number of others that are easily found on Wikipedia are stand alone books that could be done as a single book.
    Yes, I’m aware that it’s part of a series. I just meant that it works well enough as a standalone novel that you could publish it alone, without committing to the rest of the (unfinished) series.

    Subterranean press just did something similar with Iain M. Banks’ Use of Weapons.
    You know, I seem to remember reading that it can work as a stand alone book also now that I think about it.
    I'm a Rebel in the F.D.G

  7. #8782
    Rabid Billybumbler St. Troy has much to be proud of St. Troy has much to be proud of St. Troy has much to be proud of St. Troy has much to be proud of St. Troy has much to be proud of St. Troy has much to be proud of St. Troy has much to be proud of St. Troy has much to be proud of St. Troy has much to be proud of St. Troy has much to be proud of St. Troy's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    Near Boston
    Posts
    2,966
    My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag
    Gender
    Gender

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jeffingoff View Post
    I think Barker is done writing.
    I don't know what he's up to right now, but in a 2019 interview he said he is still writing, has almost finished the fourth Book of Abarat and started the third Book of the Art.

    Quote Originally Posted by jeffingoff View Post
    I suspect his last book The Scarlet Gospels was actually written by Mark Alan Miller--the author who wrote The Toll.
    That's interesting; did you hear that somewhere, or just an intuition of your own?
    Eliza dear, you know, there's something I should say

    I never really loved you, but I'll miss you anyway

  8. #8783
    Gunslinger Apprentice Aremag is a jewel in the rough Aremag is a jewel in the rough Aremag is a jewel in the rough Aremag's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Location
    Woodridge, NY
    Posts
    190
    My Mood
    Amazed
    Country
    Country Flag

    Default

    I'm all for Paul following his heart in what books he releases. I'm along for the ride now, didn't get to start the journey with him, I probably won't make every stop with him but overall I believe I will enjoy the ride for however long Suntup or I last on this crazy, beautiful planet.

  9. #8784
    Demon of the Prim jeffingoff is a splendid one to behold jeffingoff is a splendid one to behold jeffingoff is a splendid one to behold jeffingoff is a splendid one to behold jeffingoff is a splendid one to behold jeffingoff is a splendid one to behold jeffingoff is a splendid one to behold jeffingoff is a splendid one to behold

    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    1,151
    Country
    Country Flag
    Gender
    Gender

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by St. Troy View Post
    I don't know what he's up to right now, but in a 2019 interview he said he is still writing, has almost finished the fourth Book of Abarat and started the third Book of the Art.

    That's interesting; did you hear that somewhere, or just an intuition of your own?
    I'd love to be wrong about Barker being done!

    My suspicions on The Scarlet Gospels are just that--my suspicions. It's the only explanation I could cough up for why that book was so bad. I do hear others echo that theory so it's got some element of possibility to it. When you read Hellbound Heart--it's a love story, a story about the ultimate ends of obsession, a story about betrayal for desire. The Cenobites are malevolent and cold. They are in many ways the opposite of love which is apathy. They don't really care about delivering the ultimate pleasure as so many who sought them out believe. Then Clive did the movie and the Hell Priest was demoted to Pinhead (labelled that by the make up artists and the fans of the movie). So move forward 30 years and we finally get the sequel and the writing style is completely different, The Hell Priest is now officially Pinhead, and everything after the first 30 or so pages is complete garbage. It lacks everything that makes a Barker novel a Barker novel. It's fan fiction.

    The only other theory I had about that book is that the book itself is Barker's way of torturing his readers. He has become cenobite and we were the ones seeking unimaginable pleasure only to find horror in the truest sense.

  10. #8785
    Demon of the Prim jeffingoff is a splendid one to behold jeffingoff is a splendid one to behold jeffingoff is a splendid one to behold jeffingoff is a splendid one to behold jeffingoff is a splendid one to behold jeffingoff is a splendid one to behold jeffingoff is a splendid one to behold jeffingoff is a splendid one to behold

    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    1,151
    Country
    Country Flag
    Gender
    Gender

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hunchback Jack View Post
    I think the scarlet gospels was written by Barker, but in a completely different form, and I think it was a chaotic mess. Miller took that material, excised 2/3 of it, and assembled a novel from it. So I wouldn’t go so far as to say that Miller wrote the book, but he certainly was responsible for assembling it from raw materials not fit for publication.
    I think you're probably right, Peter. I remember hearing rumors that The Scarlet Gospels was going to be 1000+ pages and be epic in scope. Definitely not what was delivered. If Barker has written such a book, I'd love to read that version. SG started out incredibly strong--I was beaming. And then we got a bunch of buddies wise-cracking their way through hell and never once feeling like they were ever in any danger.

    No tension, no atmosphere, no pulse. GAH! But I would LOVE to get a Suntup edition of any other Barker book. ANY other.

  11. #8786
    Rabid Billybumbler St. Troy has much to be proud of St. Troy has much to be proud of St. Troy has much to be proud of St. Troy has much to be proud of St. Troy has much to be proud of St. Troy has much to be proud of St. Troy has much to be proud of St. Troy has much to be proud of St. Troy has much to be proud of St. Troy has much to be proud of St. Troy's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    Near Boston
    Posts
    2,966
    My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag
    Gender
    Gender

    Default

    For those who might be interested, I continued the Barker conversation on the Barker thread: http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/...-Barker/page13
    Eliza dear, you know, there's something I should say

    I never really loved you, but I'll miss you anyway

  12. #8787
    Great Old One Ari_Racing has much to be proud of Ari_Racing has much to be proud of Ari_Racing has much to be proud of Ari_Racing has much to be proud of Ari_Racing has much to be proud of Ari_Racing has much to be proud of Ari_Racing has much to be proud of Ari_Racing has much to be proud of Ari_Racing has much to be proud of Ari_Racing's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Adrogué, Buenos Aires, Argentina
    Posts
    8,033
    My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag
    Gender
    Gender

    Default

    Several interesting topics here. My two cents:

    PS Publishing books: While some of the King books they published are not my favorite, I like they're publishing the anniversary editions and that King is allowing signed editions. Pete probably made a great move to acquire the foreigns rights for these. I think their books have a nice quality and the materials used are top (and the UK is more expensive than USA, so that might be a good reason in terms of the final cost of the book). Yes, we all would love more King books published by Suntup Editions (this is out of the question, I think) but there are reasons we're not getting them and as far as I know King is one of these: he just not interested anymore in more signed editions at premium price. He already stated it in one interview that most remember (Liljas, when talking about Jerad from Centipede Press) and probably in others we don't. Why does PS Publishing get the permission? Probably because they agreed on this 8-9 years ago (or even more) when PS started to publish these.

    Very interesting things about Clive Barker. I know he was very sick and that he got a little better but not that much (last pic I saw of him I didn't even recognized him!) which probably caused several delays. I didn't read The Scarlet Gospels and I'm not a huge fan of his writings (but I loved The Thief of Always and The Hellbound Heart) but every now and then when a new book of him is published I buy a copy because I know it'll be an acquired taste. And yes: I'd love to see a limited edition of one of his more fantasy books published by Suntup (The Thief of Always would be my favorite).
    Wanted list:
    The girl who loved tom gordon ARC with King's letter
    The Plant #3 Unsigned.

  13. #8788
    Live it. webstar1000 seldom gets put on hold webstar1000 seldom gets put on hold webstar1000 seldom gets put on hold webstar1000 seldom gets put on hold webstar1000 seldom gets put on hold webstar1000 seldom gets put on hold webstar1000 seldom gets put on hold webstar1000 seldom gets put on hold webstar1000 seldom gets put on hold webstar1000 seldom gets put on hold webstar1000 seldom gets put on hold webstar1000's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Posts
    14,474
    Country
    Country Flag
    Gender
    Gender

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ari_Racing View Post
    Several interesting topics here. My two cents:

    PS Publishing books: While some of the King books they published are not my favorite, I like they're publishing the anniversary editions and that King is allowing signed editions. Pete probably made a great move to acquire the foreigns rights for these. I think their books have a nice quality and the materials used are top (and the UK is more expensive than USA, so that might be a good reason in terms of the final cost of the book). Yes, we all would love more King books published by Suntup Editions (this is out of the question, I think) but there are reasons we're not getting them and as far as I know King is one of these: he just not interested anymore in more signed editions at premium price. He already stated it in one interview that most remember (Liljas, when talking about Jerad from Centipede Press) and probably in others we don't. Why does PS Publishing get the permission? Probably because they agreed on this 8-9 years ago (or even more) when PS started to publish these.

    Very interesting things about Clive Barker. I know he was very sick and that he got a little better but not that much (last pic I saw of him I didn't even recognized him!) which probably caused several delays. I didn't read The Scarlet Gospels and I'm not a huge fan of his writings (but I loved The Thief of Always and The Hellbound Heart) but every now and then when a new book of him is published I buy a copy because I know it'll be an acquired taste. And yes: I'd love to see a limited edition of one of his more fantasy books published by Suntup (The Thief of Always would be my favorite).
    Ari,
    You state he is not into pricey editions yet PS is about to publish the most expensive ever released by a publisher. King is friendly with Pete at PS is the reason we are seeing these editions. Nothing to do with that in my opinion. King is just done with signing his name I think for the most part.... he is getting up there in years!
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

  14. #8789
    Great Old One Ari_Racing has much to be proud of Ari_Racing has much to be proud of Ari_Racing has much to be proud of Ari_Racing has much to be proud of Ari_Racing has much to be proud of Ari_Racing has much to be proud of Ari_Racing has much to be proud of Ari_Racing has much to be proud of Ari_Racing has much to be proud of Ari_Racing's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Adrogué, Buenos Aires, Argentina
    Posts
    8,033
    My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag
    Gender
    Gender

    Default

    But rights are not the same, Kris. PS deals foreign rights and probably way in advance than US ones.
    Wanted list:
    The girl who loved tom gordon ARC with King's letter
    The Plant #3 Unsigned.

  15. #8790
    Live it. webstar1000 seldom gets put on hold webstar1000 seldom gets put on hold webstar1000 seldom gets put on hold webstar1000 seldom gets put on hold webstar1000 seldom gets put on hold webstar1000 seldom gets put on hold webstar1000 seldom gets put on hold webstar1000 seldom gets put on hold webstar1000 seldom gets put on hold webstar1000 seldom gets put on hold webstar1000 seldom gets put on hold webstar1000's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Posts
    14,474
    Country
    Country Flag
    Gender
    Gender

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ari_Racing View Post
    But rights are not the same, Kris. PS deals foreign rights and probably way in advance than US ones.
    Again I don’t think that has any bearing here.. Pete was at his sons wedding just a couple years ago man. They are quite close I’ve been told a few times. Pete has also stated before on the forum and in emails/newsletters that he has asked King to sign the “Deluxe” edition. He is asking for King to sign these books on a case by case basis. King agrees solely because they are friends. Trust me


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

  16. #8791
    World Leader Pretend Scoogs is a glorious beacon of light Scoogs is a glorious beacon of light Scoogs is a glorious beacon of light Scoogs is a glorious beacon of light Scoogs is a glorious beacon of light Scoogs is a glorious beacon of light Scoogs's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    SE WI
    Posts
    1,278
    My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ari_Racing View Post
    But rights are not the same, Kris. PS deals foreign rights and probably way in advance than US ones.
    Again I don’t think that has any bearing here.. Pete was at his sons wedding just a couple years ago man. They are quite close I’ve been told a few times. Pete has also stated before on the forum and in emails/newsletters that he has asked King to sign the “Deluxe” edition. He is asking for King to sign these books on a case by case basis. King agrees solely because they are friends. Trust me


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I feel like the edition size also works in your favor.
    Friend or not, if Pete were asking King to sign 500 copies of each book, the answer would probably have been no.
    26 signatures once a year, give or take, is a lot more palatable to someone that has been signing his name in quantity for 46 years!
    "I fancy it's the limitation to a thousand copies that is the chief charm and value of an edition deluxe. I don't expect to read this edition deluxe myself, although you needn't tell that to anybody else. Frankly, you know, I don't suppose that anybody ever reads an edition deluxe. No one puts bric-a-brac to any very practical purpose. There's some human instinct which makes a man treasure what he is not to make any use of, because everybody does not possess it.

    - Mark Twain

  17. #8792
    Live it. webstar1000 seldom gets put on hold webstar1000 seldom gets put on hold webstar1000 seldom gets put on hold webstar1000 seldom gets put on hold webstar1000 seldom gets put on hold webstar1000 seldom gets put on hold webstar1000 seldom gets put on hold webstar1000 seldom gets put on hold webstar1000 seldom gets put on hold webstar1000 seldom gets put on hold webstar1000 seldom gets put on hold webstar1000's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Posts
    14,474
    Country
    Country Flag
    Gender
    Gender

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Scoogs View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ari_Racing View Post
    But rights are not the same, Kris. PS deals foreign rights and probably way in advance than US ones.
    Again I don’t think that has any bearing here.. Pete was at his sons wedding just a couple years ago man. They are quite close I’ve been told a few times. Pete has also stated before on the forum and in emails/newsletters that he has asked King to sign the “Deluxe” edition. He is asking for King to sign these books on a case by case basis. King agrees solely because they are friends. Trust me


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I feel like the edition size also works in your favor.
    Friend or not, if Pete were asking King to sign 500 copies of each book, the answer would probably have been no.
    26 signatures once a year, give or take, is a lot more palatable to someone that has been signing his name in quantity for 46 years!
    Of course it would be no. I believe he is done with them. You will only see lettereds now come as it takes him minutes to do the signing. That’s what I believe and it makes me sad


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

  18. #8793
    Demon of the Prim Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    Derry, Maine
    Posts
    1,445
    My Mood
    Devilish
    Country
    Country Flag
    Gender
    Gender

    Default

    Whether King signs anything else in the future for Suntup(I like to stay optimistic but I'm inclined to agree with others that's it more unlikely than likely) I will be eternally grateful that Misery happened!

  19. #8794
    Demon of the Prim Ben Mears is just really nice Ben Mears is just really nice Ben Mears is just really nice Ben Mears is just really nice Ben Mears is just really nice Ben Mears's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    1,346

    Default

    Given the choice of multiple future unsigned Suntup SK editions vs. no future Suntup SK editions if a signature is required would be an easy one for me.

  20. #8795
    Demon of the Prim firemonkey66 is a splendid one to behold firemonkey66 is a splendid one to behold firemonkey66 is a splendid one to behold firemonkey66 is a splendid one to behold firemonkey66 is a splendid one to behold firemonkey66 is a splendid one to behold firemonkey66 is a splendid one to behold firemonkey66 is a splendid one to behold firemonkey66's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    1,341
    My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag
    Gender
    Gender

    Default

    For an author that is done signing books in quantity, he certainly has signed a lot of books in the recent past. If you look at the bottom of this page (link), you could probably argue that he's slowing down, but as long as he's writing books, he's going to be signing them too: trade and limited editions. Not to be morbid (hey, I read a lot of Stephen King growing up), but I personally think that it's more likely he stops signing books because he dies or suddenly retires than it is that he keeps writing and concurrently stops signing books.
    Looking for:
    1) CD Carrie S/L & matching art portfolio #58
    2) Fine Viking Eyes of the Dragon proof

  21. #8796
    Vagrant Dead MikeDuke has much to be proud of MikeDuke has much to be proud of MikeDuke has much to be proud of MikeDuke has much to be proud of MikeDuke has much to be proud of MikeDuke has much to be proud of MikeDuke has much to be proud of MikeDuke has much to be proud of MikeDuke has much to be proud of

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Somewhere between here and there
    Posts
    4,006
    My Mood
    Mellow

    Default

    Just a slight detour and then back on track. If SK decides to just sign lettered and not numbered books in the future, it would be sad for me because I can't afford the lettered books. I am not complaining, just my particular situation. I guess it's OK because I still have some other S\L that are already out that I would love to get.

    OK. Back to general Suntup talk and speculation.
    I'm a Rebel in the F.D.G

  22. #8797
    Live it. webstar1000 seldom gets put on hold webstar1000 seldom gets put on hold webstar1000 seldom gets put on hold webstar1000 seldom gets put on hold webstar1000 seldom gets put on hold webstar1000 seldom gets put on hold webstar1000 seldom gets put on hold webstar1000 seldom gets put on hold webstar1000 seldom gets put on hold webstar1000 seldom gets put on hold webstar1000 seldom gets put on hold webstar1000's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Posts
    14,474
    Country
    Country Flag
    Gender
    Gender

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by firemonkey66 View Post
    For an author that is done signing books in quantity, he certainly has signed a lot of books in the recent past. If you look at the bottom of this page (link), you could probably argue that he's slowing down, but as long as he's writing books, he's going to be signing them too: trade and limited editions. Not to be morbid (hey, I read a lot of Stephen King growing up), but I personally think that it's more likely he stops signing books because he dies or suddenly retires than it is that he keeps writing and concurrently stops signing books.
    I cannot argue with this point. I guess I meant on a more limited capacity. I sure wish he would though... means SO MUCH to many people. I doubt he even understands how much so.
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

  23. #8798
    Demon of the Prim firemonkey66 is a splendid one to behold firemonkey66 is a splendid one to behold firemonkey66 is a splendid one to behold firemonkey66 is a splendid one to behold firemonkey66 is a splendid one to behold firemonkey66 is a splendid one to behold firemonkey66 is a splendid one to behold firemonkey66 is a splendid one to behold firemonkey66's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    1,341
    My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag
    Gender
    Gender

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by firemonkey66 View Post
    For an author that is done signing books in quantity, he certainly has signed a lot of books in the recent past. If you look at the bottom of this page (link), you could probably argue that he's slowing down, but as long as he's writing books, he's going to be signing them too: trade and limited editions. Not to be morbid (hey, I read a lot of Stephen King growing up), but I personally think that it's more likely he stops signing books because he dies or suddenly retires than it is that he keeps writing and concurrently stops signing books.
    I cannot argue with this point. I guess I meant on a more limited capacity. I sure wish he would though... means SO MUCH to many people. I doubt he even understands how much so.
    I think King understands on one level, but on another level I think he's jaded to it. As his career has progressed he has watched his name in general become more valuable than the quality of his work, and he probably resents it to a certain extent: the monetization of his name and signature. But he loves to write, and when he's writing and excited about what he's creating, I think he spends a lot of time on the level where he understands how much his writing and his signature means to people who truly love his work, and that's when he agrees to sign books. But when he's spending time on the jaded level, he grumbles and complains and makes idle threats, which I think is natural given the length of his career and his age.
    Looking for:
    1) CD Carrie S/L & matching art portfolio #58
    2) Fine Viking Eyes of the Dragon proof

  24. #8799
    Citizen of Gilead swintek has a spectacular aura about swintek has a spectacular aura about swintek has a spectacular aura about swintek's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    687
    My Mood
    Relaxed

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ben Mears View Post
    Given the choice of multiple future unsigned Suntup SK editions vs. no future Suntup SK editions if a signature is required would be an easy one for me.
    This!

  25. #8800
    Vagrant Dead MikeDuke has much to be proud of MikeDuke has much to be proud of MikeDuke has much to be proud of MikeDuke has much to be proud of MikeDuke has much to be proud of MikeDuke has much to be proud of MikeDuke has much to be proud of MikeDuke has much to be proud of MikeDuke has much to be proud of

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Somewhere between here and there
    Posts
    4,006
    My Mood
    Mellow

    Default

    For some Suntup news, Ref Dragon, The Invisable Man and War of the Worlds all have notes under them that say
    Notes: 2/20/20 – All editions are currently at the printer. IAL and The Time Machine are still green with printing. Pretty cool.
    I can't wait for more info to come out.
    I'm a Rebel in the F.D.G

+ Reply to Thread
Page 352 of 384 FirstFirst ... 252 302 342 350 351 352 353 354 362 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts