Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 125 of 645 FirstFirst ... 25 75 115 123 124 125 126 127 135 175 225 625 ... LastLast
Results 3,101 to 3,125 of 16102

Thread: Suntup Editions

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Jimimck View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Rabbit Trick View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Alan, that was a bit uncalled for. Are you referring to the fact that the binder screwed up, or the idea of an errata sheet, Suntup itself, or something(s) else.
    I am a professional in my work. I check everything, twice.

There are several "flaws" that should have been picked up at the "QA/QC" stage by the publisher. The blame is not with the binder, but the person who signed off on their work.

The Blue ink was not the binder. The mistake on the errata sheet was not the binder.

Slow down and produce a product the buyer's expected. Many have never paid so much for a book before.
    Seriously? Even with these flaws, comments from people who actually have one indicate it has more than surpassed expectations.
    He doesn’t have one though... and has expressed his displeasure numerous times.
    I guess since it’s so bad it’s one book Mr Trick will never own. I for one am still doing the dance of joy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Rabid Billybumbler Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Rabbit Trick View Post
    Alan, that was a bit uncalled for. Are you referring to the fact that the binder screwed up, or the idea of an errata sheet, Suntup itself, or something(s) else.
    I am a professional in my work. I check everything, twice.

There are several "flaws" that should have been picked up at the "QA/QC" stage by the publisher. The blame is not with the binder, but the person who signed off on their work.

The Blue ink was not the binder. The mistake on the errata sheet was not the binder.

Slow down and produce a product the buyer's expected. Many have never paid so much for a book before.
    "I'm a professional at my work"
    Is this printed on your nametag at work or the one you wear at home in front of the computer?
    I'll also bet you know exactly to the centimeter how long the stick is that's up your ass.
    Seriously, can you be any more anal retentive.

“The battle between good and evil is endlessly fascinating because we are participants every day.” - Stephen King

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Quote Originally Posted by Father Cody View Post
    I wish I could think of a pun about foam right now.
    Gone a bit soft, have you?

(that's what she said)
    It seems I'm miles above the surface of the Earth

I can see across the whole of London and beyond

Servant of Gan jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Father Cody View Post
    I wish I could think of a pun about foam right now.
    Foam, sweet foam.

Goldmember Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody's Avatar

My Mood
    Chatty

Default Suntup Press

Quote Originally Posted by St. Troy View Post
    Gone a bit soft, have you?
    A double pun! Well done, sir.

Quote Originally Posted by jeffingoff View Post
    Foam, sweet foam.
    Ha! Beautiful.
    Looking for Mister Slaughter S/L #78

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by zelig View Post
    Not to interrupt this spirited discussion, but this was fun and I thought I would share it with you. The other day I was over at the factory where they make the foam inserts, and I was watching how they make them. This was the actual run they were working on for the Artist Gift Editions. Ever wonder what hundreds of foam inserts look like? Well, wonder no more. Oh, and as far as I could tell, there were no foam variants.

http://suntup.press/making-the-foam-inserts-video/
    I never thought about how manually intensive the process is just to come up with the packaging - and that’s not even the product itself. Cool video. Thanks for sharing. And thank you for the awesome protection for our purchases.
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Honky Mahfah MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Cool

That was a very neat video. It's amazing how many different moving parts it takes to get a book to the people who bought one.

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

I loved the video.
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Servant of Gan Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Very PROFESSIONAL email sent Paul and thank you.
    I, for one, will most definitely not be returning Misery nor would I have mailed it back to be fixed if that were an option. I like it just the way it is
    Anyone that does decide to return, well that's your choice. And your loss.

Also, that video was soaper duper!

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Nice video.

Care to share the technology with Folio Society? (Those with the FS Shining may get the joke, which is: FS crafts beautiful books, but does a shit job packing/protecting them.)
    It seems I'm miles above the surface of the Earth

I can see across the whole of London and beyond

Goldmember ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

The "flaw" in the Misery s/l does not bother me in the slightest. I still love the book and will make sure it goes to my grave with me.

For shits and giggles I checked and have the black ink number and SK signed in blue.

Again, I LOVE this book!

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ICry4Oy View Post
    The "flaw" in the Misery s/l does not bother me in the slightest. I still love the book and will make sure it goes to my grave with me.

For shits and giggles I checked and have the black ink number and SK signed in blue.

Again, I LOVE this book!
    The number in blue thing was up to around 50 copies I think.. then to 185 in black and then to 200 in red. YES I LOVE THIS BOOK TO!!
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Demon of the Prim Priest is a name known to all Priest is a name known to all Priest is a name known to all Priest is a name known to all Priest is a name known to all Priest is a name known to all Priest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Default Suntup Press

Oh and yes - it’s the envy in me that speeks this days

Honky Mahfah MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Cool

Gift ed are on their way. But everyone knew that anyway

Millionth Post Club racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ICry4Oy View Post

Again, I LOVE this book!
    The number in blue thing was up to around 50 copies I think.. then to 185 in black and then to 200 in red. YES I LOVE THIS BOOK TO!!
    Not that it really matters in my opinion but, my book (#93) is black ink. The highest number I have seen in blue was #68. The OCD in me whishes 1-92.5 were blue and then up to 185 in black.

Spoiler:
    Perhaps I am simply a madman who dreamt of being sane for a little while.
    — Roland Deschain

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

First batch of remarqued books are in. They look wonderful! Will try to get these turned around and shipped out tomorrow. No sleep for me. ;-) Please note there are three batches, so the rest will follow soon.

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by bdwyer19 View Post
    Mistakes can and do happen. Professionalism is in how one handles problems. Look no further than NRB to see unprofessional handling. It's also not cool to call out Suntup because you were "let down", when in fact you don't "have a horse in this race". How can you be let down, if you (or someone else making a disparaging remark) don't even have the book? Certainly anyone (this is the internet) can render an opinion.
    Yep, I definitely agree with that. Although, for the record, I never called out Suntup nor said I was let down. Hard to be let down by something I don't own!
    He must have misread it.
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Can Toi Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck's Avatar

New Zealand (pronounced Noo Zeeland if you want to get the accent right...)
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Love the typewriter remarque. The splash of colour sets it off really well.

Citizen of Gilead bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Jimimck View Post
    Love the typewriter remarque. The splash of colour sets it off really well.
    Definitely! My favorite as well. The drops of blood are outstanding.

Weedeater Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack's Avatar

Wow, those Remarques are incredible. For some reason, I missed that they were full page. That's fantastic.
    “If you don't know what you want," the doorman said, "you end up with a lot you don't.”
    ― Chuck Palahniuk, Fight Club

Looking for SubPress Lettered::
    Angel's Game and Prisoner of Heaven (Zafon)
    Ilium (Simmons)

Guardian of the Beam peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

They look brilliant. Clearly spent time on them, detail is impressive...

Country
    Country Flag

Man that typewriter is amazing!! My fav for sure

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

My Mood
    Cool

Those remarques look really good. IF I had the book and if I were choosing, I admit it would be a difficult choice between her swinging the ax and the typewriter.

Traveler o45deuce is on a distinguished road

I went with the swinging axe but I agree, the blood splotches really make that typewriter remarque stand out.

Demon of the Prim lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

It was a really tough choice but I went with the typewriter, as it was so central to the theme that Paul put together for the book. I'm glad I did, but all three remarques are just amazing and I think everyone will be happy with what they chose.

It's been a looooooooooooooooooong month waiting to see the book in person, and trying to avoid all the pictures. I haven't been perfect about it and I know about some of the extras, but I'm still chomping at the bit to see the full package!!

I just got my shipping confirmation and it's going to make it really, really hard to concentrate today...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 125 of 645 FirstFirst ... 25 75 115 123 124 125 126 127 135 175 225 625 ... LastLast