Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 151 of 644 FirstFirst ... 51 101 141 149 150 151 152 153 161 201 251 ... LastLast
Results 3,751 to 3,775 of 16096

Thread: Suntup Editions

Honky Mahfah MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Priest View Post
    was HHH before or after Misery ?
    I believe it was after

Goldmember Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody's Avatar

My Mood
    Chatty

was HHH before or after Misery ?
    Ah that’s probably the kicker. And I keep forgetting that. Hill House came after Misery but Horns is the first release since people saw an SE book with their own eyes.
    Looking for Mister Slaughter S/L #78

Honky Mahfah MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Cool

Quote Originally Posted by zelig View Post
    Well, thank you everyone! We appreciate your support of the press! Pretty fast sell out for sure.

Your welcome Paul and crew. Glad this was so successful for you.

Demon of the Prim Priest is a name known to all Priest is a name known to all Priest is a name known to all Priest is a name known to all Priest is a name known to all Priest is a name known to all Priest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by MikeDuke View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by zelig View Post
    Well, thank you everyone! We appreciate your support of the press! Pretty fast sell out for sure.

Your welcome Paul and crew. Glad this was so successful for you.

soo ... lets talk frankly ... "Summer 2019" - that is going to be a loooong winter!
    Paul, we need something in between to cover the cold months!

;D

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Father Cody View Post
    I severely underestimated the market for a Hill limited. Either that or I overestimated the market for Hill House. Or perhaps no one’s taking any chances anymore with SE books.
    I figured it would sell out today and I believe folks going back for second copies that couldn't do it during the pre-order help facilitate that; hoping to flip the second copy and make a nice little profit. I don't see that working out so well as the price was pretty high right out of the gate. Not a complaint, just a fact. And on a Sunday when most folks are off, 6 hours was plenty of time to score a copy at cost. However, it will still be interesting to see what the first documented aftermarket sell goes for.

I agree no one wants to take a chance missing out on what's next, be it the King or non-King track, which helped facilitate the quick sellout as well.
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

soo ... lets talk frankly ... "Summer 2019" - that is going to be a loooong winter! Paul, we need something in between to cover the cold months! ;D
    Um, no. Let me get this one paid off first.

Paul? Are you able to tell us how many of both the numbered and lettered made it to public sales?
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Weedeater Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack's Avatar

Congratulations, Paul! Another successful announcement!
    “If you don't know what you want," the doorman said, "you end up with a lot you don't.”
    ― Chuck Palahniuk, Fight Club

Looking for SubPress Lettered::
    Angel's Game and Prisoner of Heaven (Zafon)
    Ilium (Simmons)

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Hunchback Jack View Post
    Congratulations, Paul! Another successful announcement!
    Ditto Paul and team!

Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Brian861 View Post
    I severely underestimated the market for a Hill limited. Either that or I overestimated the market for Hill House. Or perhaps no one’s taking any chances anymore with SE books.
    I figured it would sell out today and I believe folks going back for second copies that couldn't do it during the pre-order help facilitate that; hoping to flip the second copy and make a nice little profit. I don't see that working out so well as the price was pretty high right out of the gate. Not a complaint, just a fact. And on a Sunday when most folks are off, 6 hours was plenty of time to score a copy at cost. However, it will still be interesting to see what the first documented aftermarket sell goes for.

I agree no one wants to take a chance missing out on what's next, be it the King or non-King track, which helped facilitate the quick sellout as well.
    I collect both Steve and Joe (and Owen and Tabitha too for that matter). MY opinion, is Joe Hill far less collectible than his dad....so I expect only a little upside in aftermarket...not like Misery where the S/L went from ~$500 at issue in February to close to ~$4,000 today...If the Joe Hill book S/L surpasses $1200 I'd be very surprised....again MY opinion only and I've been dead wrong before.

Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.
    Luke : Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand

Servant of Gan jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute

Country
    Country Flag

CONGRATS PAUL! Another well-deserved success.

Servant of Gan Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed

I don't even collect Joe Hill! But needless to say, due to FOMO got a copy of the limited just in case. At least I know it would be a top notch production for sure. Sigh..... Paul, you're cleaning us all out!
    WANTED:

Lettered Danse Macabre
    Marshroots
    Lettered Eyes Of The Dragon
    Lettered The Stand
    BOMC signed Full Dark No Stars
    MM AGOT #249
    Lettered Frankenstein

My Mood
    Cool

Well, again, I am on the non-King track and I am fine with that. Like I said, at least I have 2 books and I am happy. Can't wait to see what's next.

Rabid Billybumbler Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of

Country
    Country Flag

Dumb question and I think I know the answer (no) but was hill house published yet?

And I may be interested in a copy of the numbered. I’ll have to call Zurich and move some things around first though.

President-Matt Fisher Fan Club Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Asleep

Quote Originally Posted by Fsmdr View Post
    I don't even collect Joe Hill! But needless to say, due to FOMO got a copy of the limited just in case. At least I know it would be a top notch production for sure. Sigh..... Paul, you're cleaning us all out!

Too funny. I kept telling everyone and myself that I was going to save $675, I had to look it up but I think FOMO is a disease and I got it bad.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by wizardsrainbow View Post

I collect both Steve and Joe (and Owen and Tabitha too for that matter). MY opinion, is Joe Hill far less collectible than his dad....so I expect only a little upside in aftermarket...not like Misery where the S/L went from ~$500 at issue in February to close to ~$4,000 today...If the Joe Hill book S/L surpasses $1200 I'd be very surprised....again MY opinion only and I've been dead wrong before.
    I agree with ya, David. Hence why I stated, IMO, it wouldn't be a great idea to try and flip a copy. Unless, before it's published (Horns), Paul's next announcement is a must have for folks and the FOMO bug strikes.

Best to follow the condom rule when it comes to SE

Goldmember Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody's Avatar

My Mood
    Chatty

Best to follow the condom rule when it comes to SE
    yes!
    Looking for Mister Slaughter S/L #78

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Well there’s no need to call me a MOFO just because you all don’t have the will power to resist my books. So rude. :p

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I would tend to agree with this but the thing that bugs my brain is this... As Paul grows and continues to publish books the desire for new collectors to get his old stuff will grow. Much like SubPress or CP collectors became collectors of their productions more than the book content. The values of some old books have shot through the roof as people desire to acquire them being collectors of the publisher. Do I think Horns will have 8X multiplier like Misery? No. I do think it will have a 2X or 3X though. AND down the road... more even. The numbers are limited and Joe Hill is a young writer. Suntup is here to stay and when we get this book in hand (Like Misery did) it will go up in value at that time.. I doubt much before though... but excited to watch either way.
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Servant of Gan jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post

I would tend to agree with this but the thing that bugs my brain is this... As Paul grows and continues to publish books the desire for new collectors to get his old stuff will grow. Much like SubPress or CP collectors became collectors of their productions more than the book content. The values of some old books have shot through the roof as people desire to acquire them being collectors of the publisher. Do I think Horns will have 8X multiplier like Misery? No. I do think it will have a 2X or 3X though. AND down the road... more even. The numbers are limited and Joe Hill is a young writer. Suntup is here to stay and when we get this book in hand (Like Misery did) it will go up in value at that time.. I doubt much before though... but excited to watch either way.
    Yep. There are Hill collectors and now there are Suntup collectors. It'll forever chap my ass that I don't have a Misery numbered and essentially, we're at book three (not counting the EOTD Portfolio). That regret will only multiply for those who missed any editions of these first three.

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Keep in mind that Hill is notorious for double dipping when it comes to limited editions ie there's always some sort of an anniversary edition just around the corner. I don't know if there's a clause in the Hill/Suntup contract but keep in mind the two NOS4A2 limiteds. Those were only years apart.

This is, of course, just speculation on the book's value long term.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by WeDealInLead View Post
    Keep in mind that Hill is notorious for double dipping when it comes to limited editions ie there's always some sort of an anniversary edition just around the corner. I don't know if there's a clause in the Hill/Suntup contract but keep in mind the two NOS4A2 limiteds. Those were only years apart.

This is, of course, just speculation on the book's value long term.
    Yeah I agree, but I also think some of the rules have changed. While Paul will play nice with other publishers and he will probably avoid producing books with "limited edition fatigue" (a condition I just made up regarding books that have received more than their fair share of attention from small press publishers), I do think that there's an understanding now that Paul will produce something different. His editions will be a departure from the standard lettered and limited variety. These are Suntup editions and they're nearly in a class all their own. Operating at a different stratosphere allows Paul more freedom to perhaps reinterpret previous special editions. Of course, I could just be high after securing 2 editions of HORNS, but that's how I see it. Again, I doubt Paul would want to take on PET SEMATARY and force collectors to own the PS edition the forthcoming CD edition as well as his. But if he did, I'd buy it. I'm reorganizing my shelves and instead of "by author" it'll be "by Suntup."

My Mood
    Cool

Who ever gave me the tip and rep. OK, point taken.

Gunslinger Apprentice PennyUnwise is a jewel in the rough PennyUnwise is a jewel in the rough PennyUnwise is a jewel in the rough PennyUnwise's Avatar

My Mood
    Relaxed

Haha after seeing these comments you guys are drinking the Kool-aid on this one.
    Lettered Wants:
    Altered Carbon "O"

Lettereds for Trade:
    The Passage Trilogy
    Wool Trilogy
    Silence of the Lambs
    Jekyll & Hyde

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by PennyUnwise View Post
    Haha after seeing these comments you guys are drinking the Kool-aid on this one.
    How so? Who is drinking koolaid? Interested to hear your thoughts....
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Gunslinger Apprentice PennyUnwise is a jewel in the rough PennyUnwise is a jewel in the rough PennyUnwise is a jewel in the rough PennyUnwise's Avatar

My Mood
    Relaxed

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by PennyUnwise View Post
    How so? Who is drinking koolaid? Interested to hear your thoughts....
    Sure

1. There are people spending $675 on a book they have never touched just to say they own a Suntup book. Some are even entering a payment plan.
    2. There are people that think this book will reach 2x, 3x retail when it sat for six hours on a Sunday. I am with David/Brian on this. I'd be shock to see it enter the four digit range being that Hill has more limiteds than novels. Also if the casual Hill fan wants a limited of Horns they'd go after PS'. This will be worth most with rights to the next book, which means you'd have to sell yours before you ever saw it as I am sure then next one will be announced before summer 2019.
    3. "Different Stratosphere"...
    The numbered book style has been done on better books (Centipede's Ender's Game)
    Wooden cases have been done as well and isn't very book shelf friendly (Best example of one that is is American Gods lettered)
    4. You are paying high prices for snake skin spines and 14kt gold... ON. A. BOOK.

A vast majority of you are drinking the Kool-aid - Part of a delusional cult that will buy into whatever your leader puts out. I commend Paul for being so successful on reaching his crowd and the books are pretty, but come on you guys need to relax.
    Lettered Wants:
    Altered Carbon "O"

Lettereds for Trade:
    The Passage Trilogy
    Wool Trilogy
    Silence of the Lambs
    Jekyll & Hyde

+ Reply to Thread
Page 151 of 644 FirstFirst ... 51 101 141 149 150 151 152 153 161 201 251 ... LastLast