Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 333 of 644 FirstFirst ... 233 283 323 331 332 333 334 335 343 383 433 ... LastLast
Results 8,301 to 8,325 of 16087

Thread: Suntup Editions

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by NiceM View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Roseannebarr View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian861 View Post
    I'm not a huge fan of paperbacks but if something was offered without having to retain rights, no skin off my nose.
    Can’t see a lot of $$ to be made in a paperback set.
    I think it's about books for Paul, and not dollars. Sure, dollars keep the boat afloat and facilitate stuff, but I think we can agree regarding Suntup Editions it feels it is about books and collecting first, money second.
    Agreed. It has nothing to do with $... It's about leaving his mark on the world of collectable books and making fans happy. The $ is a necessary evil to make this all happen. He has to eat... but he clearly does this for passion. Just my thoughts of course.
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Servant of Gan jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute

Country
    Country Flag

Shit! Decimal has found us!! Shoot to kill!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gunslinger Apprentice NiceM has a spectacular aura about NiceM has a spectacular aura about NiceM's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jeffingoff View Post
    Enlighten an oblivious Dutchman
    Looking for SubPress Lettered:Farseer Trilogy; Shadow of the Wind, Angel's Game, Prisoner of Heaven
    Looking for Centipede Press S/L: Dracula

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    I'm not a huge fan of paperbacks but if something was offered without having to retain rights, no skin off my nose.
    I think it's about books for Paul, and not dollars. Sure, dollars keep the boat afloat and facilitate stuff, but I think we can agree regarding Suntup Editions it feels it is about books and collecting first, money second.
    Agreed. It has nothing to do with $... It's about leaving his mark on the world of collectable books and making fans happy. The $ is a necessary evil to make this all happen. He has to eat... but he clearly does this for passion. Just my thoughts of course.
    Yes, I could expand on this but don't have the free time right now. Maybe some day.

In other news, the 'winning' entry for the Red Dragon Lettered lottery was selected at random and the person has been informed. I'm not going to post the person's name to protect their privacy, but I just wanted to update you that the last copy has now sold.

Servant of Gan jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute

Country
    Country Flag

Enlighten an oblivious Dutchman
    I was responding to spam. But the comment has since been removed. Going forward I won’t try to be cheeky and just report the damn spam with the appropriate button at the bottom.

Honky Mahfah MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Cool

Congrats to the people who won the lottery.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by MikeDuke View Post
    Just one no? He is on the FB Fan group and over the moon
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Honky Mahfah MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Cool

Quote Originally Posted by MikeDuke View Post
    Just one no? He is on the FB Fan group and over the moon
    Oh I don't know Kris. You are probably right. Well, then congrats to him.

Weedeater Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack's Avatar

Congratulations to the winner, if they are here and read this.

And thanks to Paul for giving someone a chance to pick up a lettered Edition and board that train.

HBJ
    “If you don't know what you want," the doorman said, "you end up with a lot you don't.”
    ― Chuck Palahniuk, Fight Club

Looking for SubPress Lettered::
    Angel's Game and Prisoner of Heaven (Zafon)
    Ilium (Simmons)

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Hunchback Jack View Post

And thanks to Paul for giving someone a chance to pick up a lettered Edition and board that train.

HBJ
    And I hope you’re able to track one down and add it to your collection.

Citizen of Gilead Munnecom is a jewel in the rough Munnecom is a jewel in the rough Munnecom is a jewel in the rough Munnecom is a jewel in the rough

Out of the twenty-five editions Suntup has published/announced thus far, which is your personal favourite?

For me, it’s a tie between the numbered Misery and Horns, though if the numbered Red Dragon is as soft and sexy as it looks, that might be a serious contender as well.

I’d love to hear what the rest of you (including Paul himself) think...

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Munnecom View Post
    Out of the twenty-five editions Suntup has published/announced thus far, which is your personal favourite?

For me, it’s a tie between the numbered Misery and Horns, though if the numbered Red Dragon is as soft and sexy as it looks, that might be a serious contender as well.

I’d love to hear what the rest of you (including Paul himself) think...
    My votes in order of top favorites:
    Rosemary’s Baby numbered
    The Road numbered
    Horns numbered
    Brother numbered

I don’t own the Misery numbered editions.

My Mood
    Cool

My order is probably like yours Jeff. But of course that could all change when IAL The Time Machine and Red Dragon are released. But for now, I agree with your ordering.
    P.S I forgot about HHH. On a design specturm, that would be near the top.
    They are each unique in their own way so now that I think about it, it would be hard to put one above another.

Country
    Country Flag

Yeah I’m only going on what I have in hand. I’m thinking I Am Legend and Red Dragon are going to upend a bit of the list!

Weedeater Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack's Avatar

HBJ
    Thanks, Jeff; I hope I can, too. I think it's going to be tough though, even though I'm not looking for rights, I just hope to own that one edition.

As for favourite designs, I would rank the numbered editions:
    * Misery
    * Brother
    * The Road
    * Rosemary's Baby, Horns and HHH in no particular order

It's hard to rank them because they are all so different from each other.

I can't wait for I am Legend. I just finished reading it for the first time yesterday, and I can see why it is so highly regarded. Ahead of its time, in many ways, and I was surprised how much of an SF book it is, as opposed to horror. Already knowing the premise, I was expecting it to be one thing, and it was something different, and better.

HBJ
    “If you don't know what you want," the doorman said, "you end up with a lot you don't.”

Ilium (Simmons)

Country
    Country Flag

Here is a question for you guys. How much $ do you think having your original shipping box (inner black one and outer brown shipping box) would add to a lettered Misery? It’s an odd question but I cannot peg a value. Would you save yours? I did.... and been asked to buy it.

HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

"Come out, Neville! I want you to meet my friend, Paul!"
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

Here is a question for you guys. How much $ do you think having your original shipping box (inner black one and outer brown shipping box) would add to a lettered Misery? It’s an odd question but I cannot peg a value. Would you save yours? I did.... and been asked to buy it.

Nothing. If I were buying a lettered misery, having it shipped in the original packaging would give me some peace of mind. But given what the book and case would cost, I wouldn’t pay any extra for the original packaging.

HBJ

Ilium (Simmons)

Country
    Country Flag

Nothing. If I were buying a lettered misery, having it shipped in the original packaging would give me some peace of mind. But given what the book and case would cost, I wouldn’t pay any extra for the original packaging.

HBJ
    You would not pay more for it should those two boxes be present?

HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

HBJ

As a collectible? No.

I greatly appreciate the effort that Paul goes to in his packaging. It is unequaled. But the value of the packaging is in protecting the book. So I would expect any additional cost in using that packaging to be an incremental shipping cost, if anything. I don’t care about the condition of the packaging. I don’t care if that book was originally shipped in that packaging. I don’t see the packaging as part of the collectible. If it can protect the book a second time, it has some value, but I expect the seller to do whatever they can to pack well. I don’t expect them to charge extra just because the packaging is original.

I suppose I might consider the innermost box to be of collectible value, but for what I would be paying for the book itself, I would expect the seller to include it if they had it.

if there were two sellers, and one had the innermost box, and one did not, then I would prefer the one that had it, of course. But how much extra would I pay to get that in the box? Not very much. Probably nothing.

Ilium (Simmons)

Country
    Country Flag

HBJ

As a collectible? No.

I greatly appreciate the effort that Paul goes to in his packaging. It is unequaled. But the value of the packaging is in protecting the book. So I would expect any additional cost in using that packaging to be an incremental shipping cost, if anything. I don’t care about the condition of the packaging. I don’t care if that book was originally shipped in that packaging. I don’t see the packaging as part of the collectible. If it can protect the book a second time, it has some value, but I expect the seller to do whatever they can to pack well. I don’t expect them to charge extra just because the packaging is original.
    Ok thanks. I know some pay more on the secondary market for original boxes and what not. Not sure if I should keep mine or not.

HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Country
    Country Flag

HBJ

As a collectible? No.

Ok thanks. I know some pay more on the secondary market for original boxes and what not. Not sure if I should keep mine or not.

It could give you an edge over someone selling the same book but without any “extras.” I can see some being excited about getting the original Suntup experience with packaging and all. But I get where Peter is coming from. Paying extra for those things could be a deterrent for those who are breaking the bank to just get the book.

I have kept all my original packaging for all the books I have bought from Paul, but not because I think I will get a better price if I sell the book. I do it so that I can make a buyer feel more confident that the book will arrive at their residence without damage, because the packaging is so awesome. I hope that confidence is real, but I don’t expect it to translate into dollars.

(I also keep the packaging because the packaging is so cool. . )

Ilium (Simmons)

Country
    Country Flag

HBJ
    Thanks, Jeff; I hope I can, too. I think it's going to be tough though, even though I'm not looking for rights, I just hope to own that one edition.

As for favourite designs, I would rank the numbered editions:
    * Misery
    * Brother
    * The Road
    * Rosemary's Baby, Horns and HHH in no particular order

It's hard to rank them because they are all so different from each other.

I can't wait for I am Legend. I just finished reading it for the first time yesterday, and I can see why it is so highly regarded. Ahead of its time, in many ways, and I was surprised how much of an SF book it is, as opposed to horror. Already knowing the premise, I was expecting it to be one thing, and it was something different, and better.

HBJ
    I considered putting Brother even higher on my list. It’s gorgeous and unique.

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Agreed as well considering the price points for the latest release. I was expecting it to be way higher when I clicked the link. That was an awesome surprise and for the AGE as well. RD will probably go into my DNT pile based on the photos alone. And when Paul adds real dragon skin right before shipping, mind blown.
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

+ Reply to Thread
Page 333 of 644 FirstFirst ... 233 283 323 331 332 333 334 335 343 383 433 ... LastLast