Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 349 of 644 FirstFirst ... 249 299 339 347 348 349 350 351 359 399 449 ... LastLast
Results 8,701 to 8,725 of 16091

Thread: Suntup Editions

Servant of Gan shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jeffingoff View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by shaq View Post
    Interesting comments from the seller....option of 'discount on Lettered Silence of the Lambs' for the winning bidder.
    Seller should state: bid $3000 and get the lettered SOTL free.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Honky Mahfah MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Cool

Still $1,525 with under a half hour to go.. I still think that an impressive showing.
    On another note, when I have time, have I got something cool to show you guys.
    Paul, it's fantastic. Pics to come probably this weekend. And I can't wait for the March updates and release of the name of the next book.
    And I will add I agree with what Paul said about going to a site and still having
    items for sale. I have been to many other sites where everything is sold out and
    I am upset because of that. Now, if someone stumbles on to Paul's site they can see
    that there are a few things that they can get. Be they a S\L or AE. I just think all of
    Paul's books are great.

Breaker Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Went for $1600
    Wish List:
    Any of the following flatsigned or inscribed-
    It, Shining, Salem’s Lot, Mr. Mercedes, The Stand
    Brother ARC, Seed ARC

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

$1600. Impressive but as I suspected... no way this got to $2K.
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Honky Mahfah MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Cool

Wow, someone came in with literally 2 sec left and bid $1,600 and that was the final bid. So that's was the winning bid. I know it's part of
    eBay life but dayum, to lose out by that margin.

Servant of Gan jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by MikeDuke View Post
    Wow, someone came in with literally 2 sec left and bid $1,600 and that was the final bid. So that's was the winning bid. I know it's part of
    Crazy! That just shows the other bidder went probably way beyond the point they were willing to go initially and just cried uncle.

Citizen of Gilead Munnecom is a jewel in the rough Munnecom is a jewel in the rough Munnecom is a jewel in the rough Munnecom is a jewel in the rough

That’s how I won my numbered Misery; finger on the trigger, sweating bullets, almost fumbling on the iPad’s keyboard with less than ten seconds to go. I beat the next guy by $50, but that was just eBay doing its “minimum bid increase” thing. My actual bid was $600 higher than what I ended up paying.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Crazy! That just shows the other bidder went probably way beyond the point they were willing to go initially and just cried uncle.
    Thus we now know true value... Around $1500 per copy with rights. As was stated... only 2 bidders past the $1000 mark. Once that person secures his copy.. we drop to about a $1000 which is what I feel this will hold at EVEN AFTER RIGHTS are gone with next book.
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

My Mood
    Cool

I wonder what the S\L Misery on there now will go for. It's starting price is beyond me anyway. I am just curious. No bids starting at $5,000 with 8 days left.

Servant of Gan jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    Thus we now know true value... Around $1500 per copy with rights. As was stated... only 2 bidders past the $1000 mark. Once that person secures his copy.. we drop to about a $1000 which is what I feel this will hold at EVEN AFTER RIGHTS are gone with next book.
    UNLESS Paul does something INSANE like publishing another Harris book. If Paul does SOTL or Hannibal or Hannibal Rising, people will come out of the woodwork looking to chase down RD. And that's a double dose of Jeffingoff's Daily Wild Speculation.

Servant of Gan shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

A few sales may provide a better idea

There's at least one other person out there who would gladly pay $1,525 judging by this sale today.

Country
    Country Flag

There's at least one other person out there who would gladly pay $1,525 judging by this sale today.
    agreed. Then the rest would be around the $1000 mark. I would be confident myself in calling this a $1000 S/L.
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Servant of Gan Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears's Avatar

Perfectly stated. Loved your rant! NOW WHY ARE THERE STILL COPIES AVAILABLE?
    I am intrigued by and enamored with the design and materials of this edition but did not like the story. So, as much as I wanted to snag a copy, I couldn't justify buying a book I didn't care for because it comes in an awesome package. It isn't about the price but fact that the story didn't resonate with me and thus the book, in any edition or form, has no place in my library. I don't think Ania Ahlborn is a bad author and we know Paul is a great book crafter but her stories just don't work for me.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Mears View Post
    I am intrigued by and enamored with the design and materials of this edition but did not like the story. So, as much as I wanted to snag a copy, I couldn't justify buying a book I didn't care for because it comes in an awesome package. It isn't about the price but fact that the story didn't resonate with me and thus the book, in any edition or form, has no place in my library. I don't think Ania Ahlborn is a bad author and we know Paul is a great book crafter but her stories just don't work for me.
    Yeah that makes absolute sense. The whole thing has to work for you or it's not worth it. And I'm sure there are plenty of people for whom Brother is the wrong decision. Sooner or later, the rest of the people for whom it is the right decision will finish off the last remaining copies.

Citizen of Gilead sentinel is a splendid one to behold sentinel is a splendid one to behold sentinel is a splendid one to behold sentinel is a splendid one to behold sentinel is a splendid one to behold sentinel is a splendid one to behold sentinel is a splendid one to behold

Country
    Country Flag

What really irritates me is that King will sign PS Lettereds so freely.... and we are going to be paying $4750US for the Stand lettered and won't hold a candle to Misery Lettered OR even Misery Numbered for that matter. I find that maddening. They want to do a 2 book/traycase thing and that is the cool idea for one of Kings best books? UGGG... just makes me sad
    I so agree with you Kris. The PS lettereds are so poor in contrast. It's just a money grab.

Weedeater Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack's Avatar

Note to self: Read all of someone’s post before responding to it. Gibberish deleted.
    “If you don't know what you want," the doorman said, "you end up with a lot you don't.”
    ― Chuck Palahniuk, Fight Club

Looking for SubPress Lettered::
    Angel's Game and Prisoner of Heaven (Zafon)
    Ilium (Simmons)

Weedeater Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack's Avatar

Agreed. The first few copies might go higher, But after the initial FOMO dies down, and more copies appear on the market, $1000 sounds about right.
    “If you don't know what you want," the doorman said, "you end up with a lot you don't.”
    ― Chuck Palahniuk, Fight Club

Looking for SubPress Lettered::
    Angel's Game and Prisoner of Heaven (Zafon)
    Ilium (Simmons)

Servant of Gan Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears's Avatar

Yeah that makes absolute sense. The whole thing has to work for you or it's not worth it. And I'm sure there are plenty of people for whom Brother is the wrong decision. Sooner or later, the rest of the people for whom it is the right decision will finish off the last remaining copies.
    Agreed. I really wanted to get Brother and, quite frankly, your video almost closed the deal but in the end I just don't dig the story. It would be like buying a beautiful painting that doesn't resonate with me because of the frame.

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

85 to be exact. And I don't know why there are copies left. It really makes no sense.
    Spoiler:
    Psst. It's really not that great of a story
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Country
    Country Flag

Agreed. I really wanted to get Brother and, quite frankly, your video almost closed the deal but in the end I just don't dig the story. It would be like buying a beautiful painting that doesn't resonate with me because of the frame.
    I like your metaphor. That's a great way to put it. And again, it's why Suntup is my jam. For me it's the whole package. These are books I love reading even if I don't know it before I buy them.

Citizen of Gilead Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of

I wii keep this brief as it is the Suntup thread.
    Kris, I am confused, you are selling a full set (minus Carrie) of the PS Publishing lettered books. They are priced at $21,500. You are then purchasing a full lettered set. So obviously you are not averse to this set of books.
    Further to this, neither is King it appears.

Gunslinger Apprentice BadHatHarry has a spectacular aura about BadHatHarry has a spectacular aura about

Quote Originally Posted by zelig View Post
    Hey Paul, out of all the cool
    Books listed on this thread... can you say if one is secured for a Suntup production? Not which one... just tell us IF ONE is happening?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    A quick scan and I see THREE that are happening.

As for the Watterson debate, there is only one way to settle that. The dice have been rolled.
    Revisiting this, out of selfish curiosity. Did anything ever come of this, or deafening silence like so many others who have tried to bridge the C&H gap?

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Alec View Post
    I wii keep this brief as it is the Suntup thread.
    Kris, I am confused, you are selling a full set (minus Carrie) of the PS Publishing lettered books. They are priced at $21,500. You are then purchasing a full lettered set. So obviously you are not averse to this set of books.
    Further to this, neither is King it appears.
    No I am not... as I am a completest of all of Kings signed books but you must agree Alec... There could be so much more done with the PS lettereds as they are very close in price to the Misery lettered in price. I fear a two book set is a money grab. I sincerely do... Imagine the book they could do for $4750US! I guess we shall see...
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Gunslinger Apprentice BadHatHarry has a spectacular aura about BadHatHarry has a spectacular aura about

agreed. Then the rest would be around the $1000 mark. I would be confident myself in calling this a $1000 S/L.
    That seems fine to me. I like some appreciation in the books, but I mainly just love to have them on my shelf. That said, it's not too bad being able to possibly double your purchase price should you go to sell it.

Citizen of Gilead Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of

Will not argue with the fact of being a completist and a successful one at that.
    On the issue of the two book set I agree people might be divided. However to remain as a matching set (one book for each novel) I believe that PS Publishing would have had to produce a text block of nearly 950 millimetres wide. Some of their books do come up large, Skeleton Crew for instance and the expected Tommyknockers. Thereby I believe the idea of splitting the book makes sense, a text block of that width is going to drop alarmingly.
    Let us not lose sight of the fact that without PS we may never have seen this book published as a signed lettered.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 349 of 644 FirstFirst ... 249 299 339 347 348 349 350 351 359 399 449 ... LastLast