Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 290 of 645 FirstFirst ... 190 240 280 288 289 290 291 292 300 340 390 ... LastLast
Results 7,226 to 7,250 of 16105

Thread: Suntup Editions

Servant of Gan jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute

Country
    Country Flag

In the photo with Ari, you look like you're auditioning for the role of Roland Deschain. Or some other steely eyed man in a black (and tan) suit. With Mike, I see you graduated to two drinks at a time! Looks like a fantastic evening. I'd have lost my mind had I been there. Was King in attendance?

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jeffingoff View Post
    In the photo with Ari, you look like you're auditioning for the role of Roland Deschain. Or some other steely eyed man in a black (and tan) suit. With Mike, I see you graduated to two drinks at a time! Looks like a fantastic evening. I'd have lost my mind had I been there. Was King in attendance?
    That 2nd drink wasn't mine. I was holding it for the person taking the shot... And nope, Mr. King was not in attendance.

Servant of Gan jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by zelig View Post
    That 2nd drink wasn't mine. I was holding it for the person taking the shot... And nope, Mr. King was not in attendance.
    Ah, well I love the photos! Thank you so much for giving us a peek.

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Very cool, guys!
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

Very nice gentlemen.

I am not seeing the pictures in Firefox. Here are the image links to follow if you can't see the pictures...

http://suntup.press/ari.jpg
    http://suntup.press/mike_flanagan.jpg
    http://suntup.press/nickolson
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

A future movie star!
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

So, when will Mike Flanagan write an introduction for Suntup?
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
    ------------------------------------------------

John F. Kennedy Caliban will become famous soon enough

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks Paul, for the update on Rosemary`s Baby, and probaly for keeping it spoiler free. As i have not yet held a Suntup edition in my hands, i have no references yet. So for me it`s mystical either way.

.. a haunting at Hill House reprint of the book with said Mike Flanagan would be nice, as i lost out on that edition. That is a joke of course, a bad one, but still a joke.

.. i`m reading Dr. Sleep these days. The Cemetery Dance edition. So you all know !

Lastly i would also thank Suntup for producing Horror genre books (which Paul finds in value of the treatment), in fine editions. That is a market that has been lacking ! Though i personally would like a collectible piece of said King (as i missed out on Misery) and do hope for one more chance in the future, there are also so many other treasures out there that also needs to be unlocked.

Note: I thought that Mr.King didn`t like the limited edition business, as it was only for people to show off on the shelves, but not to read. But, times change and that is now a good while ago, and the market change and everything. That said, it`s not entirely wrong either. Though i am going to read mine !

Citizen of Gilead Munnecom is a jewel in the rough Munnecom is a jewel in the rough Munnecom is a jewel in the rough Munnecom is a jewel in the rough

Quote Originally Posted by Caliban View Post
    Lastly i would also thank Suntup for producing Horror genre books (which Paul finds in value of the treatment), in fine editions. That is a market that has been lacking !
    I disagree. There are myriad small presses that are publishing horror. Granted, most of the books are not on par with Suntup’s level of quality, but it would be almost impossible to keep up with everything.

In other news, I had a dream last night that I got an email from Paul announcing a sale with 50% off everything, including the new set that will be announced next week (sadly, the gods did not show me what it was).

When I woke up, I had an email from Paul...

Spoiler:
    ... with a shipping notice for the Horns portfolio.

John F. Kennedy Caliban will become famous soon enough

Country
    Country Flag

`There are myriad small presses that are publishing horror` : Sure `.. most of the books are not on par with Suntup’s level of quality`: That`s what i mean

You probably have to look at say the likes of Arion Press (or not, but if only as an example this one time) to somewhat compare, as both deal in the league of say letterpress if that`s the thing to compare with. Arion f.ex have the occasional or very seldom horror title, like say `The Sundial` or `Frankenstein`if they even go under the term horror these days of blood and gore, but they are not a horror publisher per se

But you are correct, it`s all a matter of taste, and the definition of fine is in the eyes of the beholder. I have my favourite `gotot` publishers for standard or deluxe editions or whatever the term is, apples or oranges a guess. But for me i have to praise Suntup as it seem to be filling a void that I feel are missing.

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Received my shipping notice for the portfolio as well!
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Honky Mahfah MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Cool

Yep. Me too. Very excited.
    EDIT: Tracking says next Wed for me. I hope that's right.

Honky Mahfah MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Cool

Awesome email update on Brother. It looks really good. Looks like the pics are of the numbered ed and it does look awesome. Very excited for this one.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by MikeDuke View Post
    Awesome email update on Brother. It looks really good. Looks like the pics are of the numbered ed and it does look awesome. Very excited for this one.
    Yeah. The variations from one copy to the next make it very tempting to want multiple copies. Like the snakeskin pattern on Horns. I'll say that I've always been excited for this release. But after getting the ARC and seeing photos of the actual edition, I think this is going to be my favorite Suntup Edition. At least in the top three. At least until I see The Road. Or hold Rosemary's Baby. Or unbox I Am Legend.

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Yeah. The variations from one copy to the next make it very tempting to want multiple copies.
    I agree. You should purchase several.

My Mood
    Cool

Well, there are still 142 left for people who want seconds.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

How many IAL Mike?
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

My Mood
    Cool

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    How many IAL Mike?
    Still sitting on 27. It's been at that number for a while now. I know that Paul is not in a rush though.

Country
    Country Flag

Not a fan of the story but I do like the looks of it.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Brian861 View Post
    Really? You didn’t like that book????

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Country
    Country Flag

No. So much so that I attempted to cancel my order.

Country
    Country Flag

Your the first (and only I think) person I have heard say that. I thought it was brillant. Sorry to hear that man.
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Gunslinger Apprentice NiceM has a spectacular aura about NiceM has a spectacular aura about NiceM's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Any chance of a sneak preview of the lettered Paul ?
    Looking for SubPress Lettered:Farseer Trilogy; Shadow of the Wind, Angel's Game, Prisoner of Heaven
    Looking for Centipede Press S/L: Dracula

Citizen of Gilead Munnecom is a jewel in the rough Munnecom is a jewel in the rough Munnecom is a jewel in the rough Munnecom is a jewel in the rough

Quote Originally Posted by zelig View Post
    Yeah. The variations from one copy to the next make it very tempting to want multiple copies.
    I agree. You should purchase several.
    Salesman of the Year material, folks

Country
    Country Flag

Your the first (and only I think) person I have heard say that. I thought it was brillant. Sorry to hear that man.
    'Tis ok. I don't care for some of King's or Hill's stuff either.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 290 of 645 FirstFirst ... 190 240 280 288 289 290 291 292 300 340 390 ... LastLast