Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 241 of 645 FirstFirst ... 141 191 231 239 240 241 242 243 251 291 341 ... LastLast
Results 6,001 to 6,025 of 16105

Thread: Suntup Editions

Gunslinger Apprentice FlyerPhan0826 is a jewel in the rough FlyerPhan0826 is a jewel in the rough FlyerPhan0826 is a jewel in the rough FlyerPhan0826 is a jewel in the rough

Wow, what an incredible post by the author! Congrats on what is sure to be another incredible release.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by zelig View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Br!an View Post
    Is there a way to watch the Facebook video without Facebook since they won't let me watch it?

Can you put it on your site, Paul? Or YouTube?
    There shouldn't be any reason why you can't watch it. I just opened the link in a different browser where I was not logged into FB, and it worked. Try this:

https://www.facebook.com/suntupeditions/videos/2648483231828714/
    Thanks. That works.
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Citizen of Gilead RichardX is just really nice RichardX is just really nice RichardX is just really nice RichardX is just really nice RichardX is just really nice RichardX's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

That's a beautiful looking book. And I like the boldness of doing something more obscure. I had never heard of it before and downloaded it today. Read the first several chapters. So far the plot reminds me a bit of House of 1000 Corpses/Devil's Rejects.

In terms of future books, I'll make another pitch for "Under the Skin" or "The Man Who Fell to Earth." Those could use the SP treatment. A lot of great Sci Fi art possibilities.

Weedeater Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack's Avatar

So great to see the author react so positively.
    “If you don't know what you want," the doorman said, "you end up with a lot you don't.”
    ― Chuck Palahniuk, Fight Club

Looking for SubPress Lettered::
    Angel's Game and Prisoner of Heaven (Zafon)
    Ilium (Simmons)

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

You're most welcome, Paul regarding my comment. Don't hold back, man! We love that you have all the excitement for what you do as much as we have when we see and receive them!

Not taking away from the announcement, but I wouldn't recommend the audiobook of this title. The narrator isn't very good so I'd suggest reading it in print.
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I cannot tell you guys enough how freakin good Brother is. Go get a copy today. Read it. And thank Paul for doing a limited. Man l, it’s the fastest I ever read a book.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Servant of Gan firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66's Avatar

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Brian861 View Post
    Not taking away from the announcement, but I wouldn't recommend the audiobook of this title. The narrator isn't very good so I'd suggest reading it in print.
    I’ll second that, the narrator is atrocious. I stopped listening because I knew it would ruin the book for me.
    Looking for:
    - Philtrum Press Eyes of the Dragon RED #165
    - Fine Viking Eyes of the Dragon proof

Honky Mahfah MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Cool

Quote Originally Posted by FlyerPhan0826 View Post
    Wow, what an incredible post by the author! Congrats on what is sure to be another incredible release.

Where is this post. I must have missed it but would to read.

Servant of Gan jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by MikeDuke View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by FlyerPhan0826 View Post

Where is this post. I must have missed it but would to read.
    Here’s the post:
    https://www.aniaahlborn.com/post/sun...-a-masterpiece

Honky Mahfah MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Cool

Thanks Jeff. What she wrote was a wonderful post. I am already assuming that I will really like this book. When I finish this, I am assuming that I will want to read more of her work.

Citizen of Gilead Munnecom is a jewel in the rough Munnecom is a jewel in the rough Munnecom is a jewel in the rough Munnecom is a jewel in the rough

Do none of you actually read your Suntup books? I see everyone talking about buying Brother and also getting a paperback/Kindle/audio copy instead of, you know, waiting a while and then reading Paul's edition.

Guardian of the Beam cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I flip through my lettered and limited books; read on my kindle. Some I’ll read the limited. On vacation but several horns boxes at home and waiting - will get to open Monday night or Tuesday- cannot wait
    Wanted:
    Gunslinger s/l #344
    Drawing of The Three s/l #344

“A good hockey player plays where the puck is. A great hockey player plays where the puck is going to be.” Wayne Gretzky

Servant of Gan jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute

Country
    Country Flag

I read my numbered Hill House and was terrified of wrecking it because I mostly read during my commutes. So that means the book has to go in and out of my backpack. I put it in a tough book cover but hated to think about what that could be doing to the book. No fun. I don’t plan on reading any numbered editions I get. But I’m getting both the numbered and the AGE of HORNS and I plan on reading the AGE. This was my book cover for HILL HOUSE.

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Munnecom View Post
    Do none of you actually read your Suntup books? I see everyone talking about buying Brother and also getting a paperback/Kindle/audio copy instead of, you know, waiting a while and then reading Paul's edition.
    I read my limiteds.

I do so carefully. I don't eat or drink around them. I wash my hands. I sit in a comfortable position.

I also like to read in bed, or on a plane, or elsewhere that isn't compatible with a limited edition. So I still buy paperbacks or hardcovers.

Country
    Country Flag

I read my limiteds.

I do so carefully. I don't eat or drink around them. I wash my hands. I sit in a comfortable position.

I also like to read in bed, or on a plane, or elsewhere that isn't compatible with a limited edition. So I still buy paperbacks or hardcovers.
    I think that’s the best way. The limited/numbered book shouldn’t travel. I’ve considered flipping between two editions like that—one on the bookshelf to take down when I’m in my reading chair and one to cram in and out of the backpack.

Citizen of Gilead swintek is just really nice swintek is just really nice swintek is just really nice swintek is just really nice swintek's Avatar

My Mood
    Relaxed

Why anyone would spend over $700 on a beautifully bound, letterpress printed book (using HORNS as an example)- and then keep it hermetically sealed until they're dead- I'll never understand. You are not going to ruin it by reading it. At all. The joy of a Fine Press book is in the holding and reading. Otherwise, you're just an "investor".

Gunslinger Apprentice NiceM has a spectacular aura about NiceM has a spectacular aura about NiceM's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by swintek View Post
    Why anyone would spend over $700 on a beautifully bound, letterpress printed book (using HORNS as an example)- and then keep it hermetically sealed until they're dead- I'll never understand. You are not going to ruin it by reading it. At all. The joy of a Fine Press book is in the holding and reading. Otherwise, you're just an "investor".
    Aye, for me the feel and smell of a high quality book is what adds to the experience
    Looking for SubPress Lettered:Farseer Trilogy; Shadow of the Wind, Angel's Game, Prisoner of Heaven
    Looking for Centipede Press S/L: Dracula

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by NiceM View Post
    Aye, for me the feel and smell of a high quality book is what adds to the experience
    Exactly.

With the letterpress printing you can even feel the impression. Feeling that thick paper. Coming across the pertinent artwork. Smelling the leather. Tripping on the hand-marbled end papers.

It's an experience.

Can you imagine collecting rare cars and not driving them?

Gunslinger Apprentice Black Miau will become famous soon enough Black Miau will become famous soon enough Black Miau's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

You're right

An "investor" for children or grandchildren who will finally sell them for a few cents a Sunday morning at a garage sale. When I think about it I wonder why keep them sealed? Why not enjoy them, when I got up early on a Monday morning or I was at a certain time in front of the PC or laptop with my heart beating, disposed to get a limited edition, among hundreds of hunters like me. How not to enjoy my prize?

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I look through them and read any new material, such as introductions, author's notes, etc. I don't do a full on read as I have read or listened to the book previously.
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

My Mood
    Cool

I am in the middle of reading a saga. So I want to finish that. Then I will start on the Suntup part of my collection. And yes, I will read the Suntup book itself.

Country
    Country Flag

I am in the middle of reading a saga. So I want to finish that. Then I will start on the Suntup part of my collection. And yes, I will read the Suntup book itself.
    Um, Mike. You're forgetting something

Gunslinger Apprentice Black Miau will become famous soon enough Black Miau will become famous soon enough Black Miau's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I'm a new collector of Suntup, The Road is my first limited edition, unfortunately I was late, but I do have all the gift editions. I realize that if a book has the Suntup treatment it means that it will get a hundred buyers in hardcovers, paperbacks, audios in all its variants. It will even improve the rating of the book in Goodreads. It is like the result of the honor of winning a literary prize. I congratulate Paul for his great vision, and following a dream we all share and love. I hope to see some science fiction story with the Suntup emblem soon. Hiperyon maybe? I can't imagine.

My Mood
    Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Brian861 View Post
    Um, Mike. You're forgetting something
    I mean this seriously Brian, and not in a bad way. What am I forgetting? I see the smiley face so I know it's not bad. You can PM me if you don't want to make it public.

Weedeater Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack's Avatar

I think a lot of people who buy the books are investors. They love the craftsmanship of the books, of course, but they do plan on selling them later, and want to preserve the condition.

Can you imagine collecting rare cars and not driving them?
    Actually, many very expensive car collectors do exactly that. They buy the car just to have it - and for the feeling of exclusivity they get from owning it - not because they want to drive it.

I wouldn't do it personally, but I do kind of understand it.

I tend not to read my limited edition books. I will look at them periodically, and admire them, but I usually don't read them cover to cover.
    “If you don't know what you want," the doorman said, "you end up with a lot you don't.”
    ― Chuck Palahniuk, Fight Club

Looking for SubPress Lettered::
    Angel's Game and Prisoner of Heaven (Zafon)
    Ilium (Simmons)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 241 of 645 FirstFirst ... 141 191 231 239 240 241 242 243 251 291 341 ... LastLast