Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 123 of 645 FirstFirst ... 23 73 113 121 122 123 124 125 133 173 223 623 ... LastLast
Results 3,051 to 3,075 of 16105

Thread: Suntup Editions

Gunslinger Apprentice PennyUnwise is a jewel in the rough PennyUnwise is a jewel in the rough PennyUnwise is a jewel in the rough PennyUnwise's Avatar

My Mood
    Relaxed

Quote Originally Posted by Father Cody View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by PennyUnwise View Post
    Whoever returns their copy over selling it (if they are that broken up about switched pages) would need to go check into an insane asylum.
    Haha shhhh... just let it happen.
    Hey, I dont blame everyone for being hopelessly.... hopeful. It's a beautiful production.

Not to go on all fours; that is the Law. Are we not Men?. T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Defect or no defect, this book is a work of art and I will enjoy reading it, as all books should be. You will have to prise Misery out of my cold dead hands if you think I will be returning mine for a refund!

Ain't gonna happen boys....

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Whoever returns their copy over selling it (if they are that broken up about switched pages) would need to go check into an insane asylum.
    Would be a Penny Unwise decision indeed!

Quote Originally Posted by jeffingoff View Post
    So true. But betting on people doing something crazy is always a safe bet.
    +1
    Last edited by Brian861; 08-28-2018 at 12:45 PM. Reason: Can't spell.
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Citizen of Gilead bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Brian861 View Post
    I'd definitely purchase a returned copy fixed or no. If a waiting list for these comes to pass, please add me to it
    As one whose book disappeared from the order cart, I would gladly join that waiting list!

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Please. Enough of the waiting list here in the thread.

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by amd013 View Post
    Hi Paul,

What about for those of us who got the remarques? There would be no extra shipping back and forth to you in this case.

Its not a huge deal, but since there would be less risk in this case I would be interested in knowing the options, and what risks there are involved with fixing this.

On a side note, I find it interesting that so many people on this site say to remove the shrinkwrap (when one is present) to check for defects or you will not be able to return it if one is found years latter, yet in this case, when one is found, few are interested in fixing it.
    I never heard that before about shrinkwrap... I always was told it was to make sure it did not ruin the dustjacket. OR to see if you had a Whelan remarque in your Little Sisters. haha
    To prevent damage to the dustjacket. To check for a bonus remarque. To check if the limitation page is present. To check the limitation page is signed. To check if the number/letter on the limitation page is correct. To check for damage to the book such as glue that made pages stick together. To check if the page block is bound right side up in the boards. To check if it is a first printing.

I could keep going. There are plenty of reasons to inspect a book upon purchase.
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Goldmember Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody's Avatar

My Mood
    Chatty

Quote Originally Posted by Br!an View Post
    Hi Paul,

What about for those of us who got the remarques? There would be no extra shipping back and forth to you in this case.

Its not a huge deal, but since there would be less risk in this case I would be interested in knowing the options, and what risks there are involved with fixing this.

On a side note, I find it interesting that so many people on this site say to remove the shrinkwrap (when one is present) to check for defects or you will not be able to return it if one is found years latter, yet in this case, when one is found, few are interested in fixing it.
    I never heard that before about shrinkwrap... I always was told it was to make sure it did not ruin the dustjacket. OR to see if you had a Whelan remarque in your Little Sisters. haha
    To prevent damage to the dustjacket. To check for a bonus remarque. To check if the limitation page is present. To check the limitation page is signed. To check if the number/letter on the limitation page is correct. To check for damage to the book such as glue that made pages stick together. To check if the page block is bound right side up in the boards. To check if it is a first printing.

I could keep going. There are plenty of reasons to inspect a book upon purchase.
    Not to mention mold. Happened to me recently. I left the shrink wrap on for roughly six months. Learned about the possibility of mold and opened it up to check. What do ya know! Spores everywhere on the boards and inside of the jacket. I damaged the jacket in the process of cleaning it.
    Looking for Mister Slaughter S/L #78

Demon of the Prim lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Aronstg View Post
    Ultimately Paul is a book publisher. It isn't his duty to manage how the books fair on the secondary market. The best he can do is offer a solution, or not, and go from there. It isn't on his shoulders to come up with this sweeping plan to make sure that all of these books stay consistent in value on a secondary market.
    I think this is a great point - it's not on Paul to worry about the secondary market, it's on him to make decisions that (a) he is comfortable with, and (b) keep his customers happy.

We know from this thread that there are people who would prefer to have theirs fixed, and people who wouldn't. There is no win/win here - some customers will be happier if there is no option to fix the book (for reasons that Simon outlined), and others will be happier if there is. Fortunately, Paul has earned an incredible amount of good will as a publisher, so although he has an unenviable decision to make, I don't think that it will ultimately affect his reputation or sales.

EDIT: In any event, the blue/black ink difference is enough to perturb the market for some collectors (what a crazy lot we all are), and that cat is already out of the bag.

EDIT 2: It's got to be crazy for Paul to have a thread devoted to discussion/speculation/suggestions about his books, and have to keep a tight lip about everything. I hope that it's useful in some regard, to at least have an idea of what the collecting community is thinking - even it it's divergent and full of contradictory preferences...

Manni Folken The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

I don’t really care about the page issue. I haven’t even bothered to check mine.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Hi Paul,

Not to mention mold. Happened to me recently. I left the shrink wrap on for roughly six months. Learned about the possibility of mold and opened it up to check. What do ya know! Spores everywhere on the boards and inside of the jacket. I damaged the jacket in the process of cleaning it.
    Was that one of the Ones from Winters and Sons?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Goldmember Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody's Avatar

My Mood
    Chatty

Hi Paul,

Sure was. It’s possible I bought it with mold already inside. Last time I buy something that old still in shrink wrap.
    Looking for Mister Slaughter S/L #78

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Hi Paul,

Sure was. It’s possible I bought it with mold already inside. Last time I buy something that old still in shrink wrap.
    I heard many had that issue. They talked about it on the Rare Group awhile ago.

HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Hunchback Jack View Post
    I'm happy to let Paul decide what to do; he doesn't need my advice.

If he provides an option to have the book corrected, I will seriously consider doing that, even at my own expense. If he does not, but sends an impeccably-designed errata sheet to numbered owners, I'll be more than happy with that option, too.

HBJ
    Thats a cool idea about the errata sheet brother....
    Not very professional for the first and flagship book from Suntup Editions.

Gunslinger Apprentice FlyerPhan0826 is a jewel in the rough FlyerPhan0826 is a jewel in the rough FlyerPhan0826 is a jewel in the rough FlyerPhan0826 is a jewel in the rough

Quote Originally Posted by The Library Policeman View Post
    I don’t really care about the page issue. I haven’t even bothered to check mine.
    Same here... Book looks great on the shelf regardless of what order the pages are in

Country
    Country Flag

Default Suntup Press

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Rabbit Trick View Post

If he provides an option to have the book corrected, I will seriously consider doing that, even at my own expense. If he does not, but sends an impeccably-designed errata sheet to numbered owners, I'll be more than happy with that option, too.

HBJ
    That’s just a mean spirited thing to say man. Paul is a friend to many on this board and an awesome person. No need dude.... no need.

HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Guardian of the Beam peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

The concept of "professionalism" (like most everything, I imagine) is not an all-or-nothing idea - it's multifaceted, comprised of a broad range of variables. Where one publisher falls short on one of these 'professionalism variables', it can also exceed on another, say, 72 'professionalism variables'. It's oversimplifies things to say someone is not very professional based upon one (or a few) variables. To quote the book title of one of my favourite science writers, Ben Goldcare, "I think you'll find it's a bit more complicated than that."

On your other point, I'd actually imagine the first and flagship book for any publisher may be the very book you could reasonably expect to be the most challenging and error-prone - the publisher is new at the game. So, looking at Misery (in totality), remembering it's the first Suntup publication, and then comparing this to other publishers who have been in the game for a decade or more, I personally see that other publishers are being put on notice to lift their game - and soon.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

HBJ
    Alan, that was a bit uncalled for. Are you referring to the fact that the binder screwed up, or the idea of an errata sheet, Suntup itself, or something(s) else.

Citizen of Gilead bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post

HBJ
    Alan, that was a bit uncalled for. Are you referring to the fact that the binder screwed up, or the idea of an errata sheet, Suntup itself, or something(s) else.
    I don't have a horse in this race, as I don't own the Misery S/L. But, at what point is the distinction made between a friend and a publisher? Paul is a great guy, but he is also running a business. As a customer of the business, there are certain expectations that must be met. So, if someone wants to say that Paul is a good friend, more power to them. On the other hand, if someone else wants to call out Suntup Press because they were let down by something, there is nothing wrong with that either.

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Mistakes can and do happen. Professionalism is in how one handles problems. Look no further than NRB to see unprofessional handling. It's also not cool to call out Suntup because you were "let down", when in fact you don't "have a horse in this race". How can you be let down, if you (or someone else making a disparaging remark) don't even have the book? Certainly anyone (this is the internet) can render an opinion.

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Please. Enough of the waiting list here in the thread.
    But it's ok to go on for 100+ post (give or take) regarding the binding issue If that's not the definition of ad nauseam (), I don't know what is.....
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Maerlyn's Imp HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by bdwyer19 View Post

HBJ
    I don't have a horse in this race, as I don't own the Misery S/L. But, at what point is the distinction made between a friend and a publisher? Paul is a great guy, but he is also running a business. As a customer of the business, there are certain expectations that must be met. So, if someone wants to say that Paul is a good friend, more power to them. On the other hand, if someone else wants to call out Suntup Press because they were let down by something, there is nothing wrong with that either.
    Good thing Paul is a great publisher as well then. I get the disgruntlement of the masses..to me personally its a damn minor issue...stepping in here, one would think someone received a Koontz book in Misery’s stead...

Demon of the Prim lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by peripheral View Post
    On your other point, I'd actually imagine the first and flagship book for any publisher may be the very book you could reasonably expect to be the most challenging and error-prone - the publisher is new at the game.
    Here is the errata sheet for Centipede Press's first release, Stigmata:

Paul's in pretty good company 8)

Spoiler:
    It's hard to make out in this pic, but this errata sheet also contains an error

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Suntup has sent out an email detailing the issue and how Paul thinks it's best to proceed.

Guardian of the Beam peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by bdwyer19 View Post
    I don't think anyone's suggesting Suntup is beyond criticism or from discussion of shortcomings (you have to take the praise with the criticism), but there are different ways to communicate it: Some more accurate, some fairer, etc etc...

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Mistakes can and do happen. Professionalism is in how one handles problems. Look no further than NRB to see unprofessional handling. It's also not cool to call out Suntup because you were "let down", when in fact you don't "have a horse in this race". How can you be let down, if you (or someone else making a disparaging remark) don't even have the book? Certainly anyone (this is the internet) can render an opinion.
    Yep, I definitely agree with that. Although, for the record, I never called out Suntup nor said I was let down. Hard to be let down by something I don't own!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 123 of 645 FirstFirst ... 23 73 113 121 122 123 124 125 133 173 223 623 ... LastLast