Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 119 of 645 FirstFirst ... 19 69 109 117 118 119 120 121 129 169 219 619 ... LastLast
Results 2,951 to 2,975 of 16105

Thread: Suntup Editions

Servant of Gan George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Been a busy two weeks, just back from England on a really stupid business trip (literally ten minutes work), and waiting for me is a large box with a certain Lettered book inside.

In other news, this weekend is Colorado Springs Comic Con 2018 and pretty much the entire leading cast of Revenge of the Nerds is here; I may just have to make a pilgrimage.
    WANT LIST: Any SK #186; Dark Man Unbound 1st Proof; FDNS Unbound 1st Proof; FDNS Black Tape Spine Proof; FDNS Unbound Color Proof

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

All of that makes me think that next time there will be a signed limited (Suntup of not) i should just buy, even if it's not a focus of my collection, it in order to resell it...
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
    ------------------------------------------------

Weedeater Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack's Avatar

The only thing I would add is that you can't use the $1995 BIN eBay item as a data point for market value, any more than you would say a 1st edition Rage was worth $4.95 if someone who didn't realize what it was listed it for that.

If it were an auction, that would be relevant. But a BIN by a seller misreading the market is not.
    “If you don't know what you want," the doorman said, "you end up with a lot you don't.”
    ― Chuck Palahniuk, Fight Club

Looking for SubPress Lettered::
    Angel's Game and Prisoner of Heaven (Zafon)
    Ilium (Simmons)

Citizen of Gilead bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Hunchback Jack View Post
    The only thing I would add is that you can't use the $1995 BIN eBay item as a data point for market value, any more than you would say a 1st edition Rage was worth $4.95 if someone who didn't realize what it was listed it for that.

If it were an auction, that would be relevant. But a BIN by a seller misreading the market is not.
    I disagree. An item that sold, regardless of the price, is considered a data point. The $1995 BIN was sold by a member of this forum, and you don't know his reasons for selling at that price. Just because you disagree with what it was listed at, you cannot diminish the sale.

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by bdwyer19 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Hunchback Jack View Post

I disagree. An item that sold, regardless of the price, is considered a data point. The $1995 BIN was sold by a member of this forum, and you don't know his reasons for selling at that price. Just because you disagree with what it was listed at, you cannot diminish the sale.
    I'd consider it an outlier data point.
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Of course it's a data point, but it does appear to be an aberration. Whether the seller is a member here or not, most people here believe the BIN was too low (for the seller, great for the buyer).
    I believe I could start mine at auction for $2K, and estimate after 7 days the sale price would be >$3K. Much of the recent pricing we have seen is IMO a result of Tulipmania, and a red hot economy (stock market). If the market corrected 40% in the next 30 days, pricing would change (drop) dramatically.

Weedeater Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack's Avatar

By "not a datapoint" I meant "not a datapoint that should significantly influence the estimate of market price".
    “If you don't know what you want," the doorman said, "you end up with a lot you don't.”
    ― Chuck Palahniuk, Fight Club

Looking for SubPress Lettered::
    Angel's Game and Prisoner of Heaven (Zafon)
    Ilium (Simmons)

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by George at C-Springs View Post
    Been a busy two weeks, just back from England on a really stupid business trip (literally ten minutes work), and waiting for me is a large box with a certain Lettered book inside.

In other news, this weekend is Colorado Springs Comic Con 2018 and pretty much the entire leading cast of Revenge of the Nerds is here; I may just have to make a pilgrimage.
    Congrats, George!
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Goldmember ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Check your s/l Misery. Someone on Facebook SK Rare Editions group noticed his copy, starting at " page 226 it jumps to pages 231 - 234 then back to 227". My copy is the same.

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ICry4Oy View Post
    Check your s/l Misery. Someone on Facebook SK Rare Editions group noticed his copy, starting at " page 226 it jumps to pages 231 - 234 then back to 227". My copy is the same.
    This has just been brought to my attention. I am looking into it now. If anyone else notices this in their copy, please send me an email using the contact form here.

Goldmember Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody's Avatar

My Mood
    Chatty

Don’t sweat it, Paul. Not like anyone’s reading the thing. Personally I couldn’t care less.
    Looking for Mister Slaughter S/L #78

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Father Cody View Post
    Don’t sweat it, Paul. Not like anyone’s reading the thing. Personally I couldn’t care less.
    100000000000000000%. I am not even checking my copy. haha I could care less.
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Vagrant Dead frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Father Cody View Post
    +1

sk

President-Matt Fisher Fan Club Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Asleep

I think the Printer should reprint at THEIR COST! I still have problems with Desperation and the erratta sheet with the typos. Weird. That being said, i just ordered a second copy i love that story.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Roseannebarr View Post
    I think the Printer should reprint at THEIR COST! I still have problems with Desperation and the erratta sheet with the typos. Weird. That being said, i just ordered a second copy i love that story.
    The printer/binder can move the pages to their proper location. No need to start over.

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Paul,

any idea how widespread this problem is?

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Paul,

The publisher should contact all the buyers to find out.

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Paul,

Hard to say, but I'll be in touch with the owners providing them with options. It seems the middle 8 pages of that 16 page signature were folded backwards. I know I asked them to fold them the right way, but maybe they felt backwards was better!

Most aren't bothered by it, and I'm sure some will be, but either way, I think you all know I'll take care of this so it's the best possible outcome for those impacted.

President-Matt Fisher Fan Club Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Asleep

Quote Originally Posted by zelig View Post
    This has just been brought to my attention. I am looking into it now. If anyone else notices this in their copy, please send me an email using the contact form here.
    I just wish it didn’t happen for your sake! You must be really disappointed! Did you check the gift editions?

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by zelig View Post
    I just wish it didn’t happen for your sake! You must be really disappointed! Did you check the gift editions?
    It's okay. Sure, I'm disappointed but you've got to be able to deal with things like this as a publisher. Otherwise, I'd imagine you'd get worn down real fast. Things happen, and no matter how meticulous you are, there are elements of the production where you have to rely on the competency of others, and in general you're okay. Human error exists in our reality, and we just have to deal with it as best we can, although I won't be using the company responsible for this one again. And it was only the numbered edition that had this folding error.

Servant of Gan Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Someone brought this to my attention so I checked just to see and mine is misnumbered as well. Do I care though? Not particularly. Would I have ever noticed it myself? Hell no. This is NOT my reading copy of Misery, Lol.
    I am kind of curious as to how many this happened to or maybe all. Misnumbered might make it even more rare!
    Please don't fret Paul. As stated above things happen and I don't think anyone on here will be losing any sleep over it. I know I wont. I hope you don't too.
    I'm going to fill out your contact form if only to help give you an estimate.

Servant of Gan jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute

Country
    Country Flag

I just wish it didn’t happen for your sake!
    This was actually my first thought as well.

I hope it's limited to a few copies and everyone is as understanding as the folks in this forum.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jeffingoff View Post

I hope it's limited to a few copies and everyone is as understanding as the folks in this forum.
    There is a thread on Facebook and of the 100+ comments there is not one upset person and probably 40-50 owners have spoken out. Shows the support for Paul and his work. Shit happens and we all know this thats for sure.
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Servant of Gan jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post

There is a thread on Facebook and of the 100+ comments there is not one upset person and probably 40-50 owners have spoken out. Shows the support for Paul and his work. Shit happens and we all know this thats for sure.
    That's awesome. This is a case of shit happens. Paul demonstrated early and often just how much he was personally invested in this project and people should know that no one would feel worse than him about any mix-up. I can think of a few others publishers who people wouldn't be so willing to forgive.

My Mood
    Asleep

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post

somewhat of a misleading statement. i dont see 50 -60 owners of the book (unless you know all of them personally) but everyone is definately supporting PAUL during this tragic and dire situation. Paul has already reached out to many and handling this with great leadership and respect! I see about 10 not caring about the error. Others supporting PAUL or lamenting the Misery of Misery's missing pages. AND we KNOW you support PAUL in this ENDEAVOR and all other projects of Pauls! You are a great cheerleader and support of ALL thinks PAUL. Keep up the good work!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 119 of 645 FirstFirst ... 19 69 109 117 118 119 120 121 129 169 219 619 ... LastLast