Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 438 of 645 FirstFirst ... 338 388 428 436 437 438 439 440 448 488 538 ... LastLast
Results 10,926 to 10,950 of 16105

Thread: Suntup Editions

Gunslinger Apprentice willybusmc has a spectacular aura about willybusmc has a spectacular aura about

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

I am, that’s where I posted the original picture that he must have seen the dust jacket on.

Servant of Gan jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by willybusmc View Post
    Weird question: did anyone here order a Misery Dust Jacket recently? I got an email from Suntup saying that my order had shipped, consisting of one Misery Dust Jacket. I don’t remember ordering one, and have no record of an order in my account or banking history. I’m curious how this ended up being sent to me. Anywho, I emailed Suntup to ask about it but figured I may as well ask here too.

Edit: Turns out, Paul saw in a Facebook photo that I had a crooked printed dust jacket on my Misery AGE and figured I needed a replacement. Absolutely blown away.
    That really is amazing!!! Kudos to you Paul and Becca!!!! Seriously, that just dumps more gas on the bonfire at this rager.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Being curious : how many different paperweight are there?
    And what was the story behind launching a series of paperweight as addon? I think that this is a very ingenuous idea, but... where does that come from? Inspired by the snowglobes?
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Gunslinger Apprentice JGeis has a spectacular aura about JGeis has a spectacular aura about JGeis has a spectacular aura about

So, does anyone have thoughts on why the price for the AGE’s seems to vary so much from book to book? For example: why is LTROI double the price of Red Dragon? I’ve been buying the AGE’s since I learned of them but I’ve never read this book and I was a bit surprised at the price tag.

Rabid Billybumbler Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by herbertwest View Post
    Being curious : how many different paperweight are there?
    And what was the story behind launching a series of paperweight as addon? I think that this is a very ingenuous idea, but... where does that come from? Inspired by the snowglobes?
    I think there are 3. Misery, Horns, and now LTROI

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by JGeis View Post
    So, does anyone have thoughts on why the price for the AGE’s seems to vary so much from book to book? For example: why is LTROI double the price of Red Dragon? I’ve been buying the AGE’s since I learned of them but I’ve never read this book and I was a bit surprised at the price tag.
    Page count, materials used, printing method, contract obligations, etc.

For instance, Red Dragon AE is 398 pages with foil stamping while LTROI AE is 588 pages with two-hit foil stamping.
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Gunslinger Apprentice JGeis has a spectacular aura about JGeis has a spectacular aura about JGeis has a spectacular aura about

I didn’t realize the page count was that high. Must have missed it in the description. Thanks for pointing that out.

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Br!an View Post

For instance, Red Dragon AE is 398 pages with foil stamping while LTROI AE is 588 pages with two-hit foil stamping.
    These things sure. Primarily page count. That’s the biggest contributing factor to cost. However the bigger reason for the increased price is that these editions were losing money. And if we are to continue making them, well it wouldn’t work to keep running at a loss.

That makes perfect sense. Thank you for the transparency. Do you expect most AGE’s to be in the same range as 1984 and LTROI going forward, then? I’m also very curious as to how you determine which books not to produce AGE’s for. For example, someone on this thread previously speculated that the next book may be Neuromancer. If that turns out to be true and no AGE is done for that book (as I believe the next book was said to be lettered and numbered only?), that would be unfortunate (at least for me, lol). The lettered and numbered editions are simply out of my price range but I would have bought AGE’s for most of the books that did not have one if they had been produced. Thanks again for any insight you are able to offer!

Honky Mahfah MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Cool

Quote Originally Posted by zelig View Post

These things sure. Primarily page count. That’s the biggest contributing factor to cost. However the bigger reason for the increased price is that these editions were losing money. And if we are to continue making them, well it wouldn’t work to keep running at a loss.
    This what I figured. So either raise the price, or don't make them. It's a business. We all understand that. So it still may flucuate, or do you see $130 the right mark for AGE. The Numbered seem to vary a lot. For the same reasons I am guessing. Anyway, I was on the fence for a bit if I should get both but in the end I did. But no paper weight. I need to draw the line somewhere so I can keep more cabbage for books in general. And congrats Paul and Becca. It's a great production. I will say only this. If you are waiting for Sat, you better move fast for a numbered. I don't think Paul would like it if I said how many were left. I will just say you may have to move with a purpose.

Servant of Gan jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by MikeDuke View Post

This what I figured. So either raise the price, or don't make them. It's a business. We all understand that. So it still may flucuate, or do you see $130 the right mark for AGE. The Numbered seem to vary a lot. For the same reasons I am guessing. Anyway, I was on the fence for a bit if I should get both but in the end I did. But no paper weight. I need to draw the line somewhere so I can keep more cabbage for books in general. And congrats Paul and Becca. It's a great production. I will say only this. If you are waiting for Sat, you better move fast for a numbered. I don't think Paul would like it if I said how many were left. I will just say you may have to move with a purpose.
    I don’t think there’s any harm in sharing the total. Currently there are 56 available. My guess is there will be less than 10 for the public preorder available. This will go the same way as 1984.

As far as price for the AGEs goes—that gravy train has ended. Lol. I thought Paul put too much weight on the word GIFT when he priced those up until 1984. Because he was giving them away. Red Dragon AGE’s price was just nuts and I hate myself for not buying two. Because once that Dragon starts to prowl, it’ll command a much higher price.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Country
    Country Flag

And let me add, the AGEs are wonderful editions all their own. I've said it before, they are not any sort of consolation prize. I love it when Paul does them and I'm glad there are collectors who can enjoy these books at that level. With the way things are heading, I'll probably be an AGE-only collector someday. And happy to get them! It's been a cosmic oversight that I've been riding the numbered train for as long as I have. LOL.

Anyway I just wanted to follow my other post because I thought I sounded like I was making a judgment on those who were buying the AGE's for such a low price. Like I was indicating they were ripping Paul off or Paul was being taken advantage of. I wasn't saying any of that. Only the price adjustment seemed to make total sense when you consider the work put into these books.

And now I've overexplained and overshared.

Citizen of Gilead GenericEric is a name known to all GenericEric is a name known to all GenericEric is a name known to all GenericEric is a name known to all GenericEric is a name known to all GenericEric is a name known to all GenericEric's Avatar

My Mood
    Mellow
    Country
    Country Flag

Since we're on the subject of Suntup AGE's. Of the 4 that have been released, what's everyone's favorite Suntup AGE?

Misery is still my favorite.
    It was hell's season, and the air smelled of burning children

Honky Mahfah MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Cool

I get your points Jeff and as usual, they are right on target.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by GenericEric View Post
    Since we're on the subject of Suntup AGE's. Of the 4 that have been released, what's everyone's favorite Suntup AGE?

Rosemary's Baby. Those boards are hypnotic

Gunslinger Apprentice burgerhicks80 has a spectacular aura about burgerhicks80 has a spectacular aura about burgerhicks80 has a spectacular aura about

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by GenericEric View Post

I only own 2 Misery and Rosemary's Baby. I think I have to go with misery because Stephen King and the large format
    ISO DT I-IV #101, rage,Suntup Press Horns, Rosemary's Baby and The Road w/designation #239

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

That makes perfect sense. Thank you for the transparency. Do you expect most AGE’s to be in the same range as 1984 and LTROI going forward, then? I’m also very curious as to how you determine which books not to produce AGE’s for. For example, someone on this thread previously speculated that the next book may be Neuromancer. If that turns out to be true and no AGE is done for that book (as I believe the next book was said to be lettered and numbered only?), that would be unfortunate (at least for me, lol). The lettered and numbered editions are simply out of my price range but I would have bought AGE’s for most of the books that did not have one if they had been produced. Thanks again for any insight you are able to offer!
    We have a complex system for determining if we do an AGE or not. It's based on this concept:

Spoiler:

But in seriousness, here's an article which I think will answer your question as to why we don't do AGE's for every title.

Will future AGE's be in that price range? Possibly yes, but every book is different in some way so I can't speculate where things will fall on future editions. Although unless we increase print runs dramatically, I don't see AGE's going out at the $65 or $75 point in the future.

Lastly, for the next book, there are things which just have to remain private and can't be shared, and there are reasons for not doing an AGE of next month's book. But know that when we can, and it makes sense, we include an AGE in the mix.

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

And I just had to share this. A customer sent me this picture. One of the best... And miraculously, the book was unharmed. Just a ding on the slipcase which I'll replace. The foam just earned its keep!

Thanks again for the information and quick replies! And BTW, the fact that you foam pack your books the way that you do was a huge selling point to me to try my first Suntup book. There’s nothing worse than being excited for a fantastic book to arrive and then have it show up damaged. When I saw some of Jeff’s unboxing videos, and the extra mile you go to ensure your books safety, it was one more reason to give Suntup a try.

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

And I just had to share this. A customer sent me this picture. One of the best... And miraculously, the book was unharmed. Just a ding on the slipcase which I'll replace. The foam just earned its keep!

I recently send a book abroad and was scared for a seconds when the recipient told me that the package was highly damaged... but like you, my triple layers were able to protect the book !
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Country
    Country Flag

Bloody Digusting shared the news about the book, and I think that this is the first time since MISERY.
    I wondered what triggered it, but I dont think that the book will last long once the orders opened !

=> https://bloody-disgusting.com/books/...dqivsts-novel/

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Since Paul is sharing internal process diagrams, I though I'd include the one for the matching process for customer designations. (simplified form of course)

Spoiler:
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

Gunslinger Apprentice burgerhicks80 has a spectacular aura about burgerhicks80 has a spectacular aura about burgerhicks80 has a spectacular aura about

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

Just got my numbered Time Machine!!! I love it
    ISO DT I-IV #101, rage,Suntup Press Horns, Rosemary's Baby and The Road w/designation #239

My Mood
    Cool

Down to 48 numbered now. And 4 lettered. We still have the rest of the day to go. If you are on the fence, I would get off know because it's going to be a frenzy tomorrow if any are left.

My Mood
    Cool

Quote Originally Posted by burgerhicks80 View Post
    Just got my numbered Time Machine!!! I love it
    Congrats. Yea, it's a cool one isn't it?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 438 of 645 FirstFirst ... 338 388 428 436 437 438 439 440 448 488 538 ... LastLast