Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 607 of 645 FirstFirst ... 107 507 557 597 605 606 607 608 609 617 ... LastLast
Results 15,151 to 15,175 of 16105

Thread: Suntup Editions

Rabid Billybumbler Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by BrewMeister View Post
    Received my numbered copy of Blood Meridian today! Next to Misery, quite possibly the best looking Suntup edition I've received so far. With all the design features, it definitely has the look and feel of a lettered edition.
    100%. Beautiful book.

Gunslinger Apprentice JeremyM is a jewel in the rough JeremyM is a jewel in the rough JeremyM is a jewel in the rough JeremyM's Avatar

Received my copy of 'Blood Meridian' today. I really like the appearance of the book, the starkness and texture of the boards makes it feel like some kind of unhallowed artifact. The binding itself does give me a little pause in regards to durability, especially given the relatively large size of the text block - can definitely feel the signatures shift as you read the book. For the most part, the illustrations reproduced nicely, though the fold-out illustration of the wagon train didn't capture the oranges & yellows of the sandstone walls, washing out to a more uniform red - not sure if that was intentional or not. I do love the fold out illustration here - providing more space for an expansive landscape like this is a great call. I like Antique 6 for the drop caps - nice choice.

The introduction covers a lot of the commonly referenced literary allusions - Melville & Milton. I'm not sure I've heard anyone else mention Conrad's Kurtz previously though. Easton Ellis also makes a point of referencing the cinematic aspect of the novel. I'll add that for me, 'The Proposition', is as close to 'Blood Meridian' in spirit as a movie has come so far.
    'chaos, mr. who, that is our mode and modus'

Servant of Gan jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute

Country
    Country Flag

As someone who is routinely impressed with my Suntup editions, I am stunned silent at the magnificence of Blood Meridian.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Honky Mahfah MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Cool

I get mine next week, so I am holding off seeing any other pics.
    So Jeff, you think I will like it .

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    I have a lettered Handmaides Tale for $3500 for sale.

LOOKING for a numbered Handmaid if anyone wants to work a trade for the lettered or sell it outright.
    Willing to sell my numbered.
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Brian861 View Post

LOOKING for a numbered Handmaid if anyone wants to work a trade for the lettered or sell it outright.
    I got one my man. Thanks though Brian!

HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I got one my man. Thanks though Brian!
    Most welcome. And since you no longer need it, got it on hold for another member.
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Country
    Country Flag

Is Handmaid's the last of the 250 limitation?

Not to go on all fours; that is the Law. Are we not Men?. T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Is Handmaid's the last of the 250 limitation?
    Not yet. I think you will find there are a few more.

Rabid Billybumbler Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Suntup's Amazing McCarthy's

(Click on the link above)

“The battle between good and evil is endlessly fascinating because we are participants every day.” - Stephen King

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jeffingoff View Post
    As someone who is routinely impressed with my Suntup editions, I am stunned silent at the magnificence of Blood Meridian.
    I'm marking the occasion. The sound of silence.
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Servant of Gan jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Br!an View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffingoff View Post
    I'm marking the occasion. The sound of silence.
    So is my wife.

Unfortunately I think there’s something wrong with my enclosure. It doesn’t seem to hold my copy all that well. Every time I put the book in the enclosure and on the shelf I find the book back in my hands. It never stays in the enclosure for longer than 10 minutes. I can’t find a defect or any damage but damnit if the book won’t sit in there.

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Betts has a "Blood Meridian" SL for sale at 2k
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Handmaid lettered shipped upon receipt. $3250!

HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Honky Mahfah MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Cool

That's a great price Kris. Good luck.

My Mood
    Cool

I also just want to say that BM has moved to the top of my numbered list of books I have. That is a tall task considering what books are already out.
    It is just a fantastic ed, and if you the chance, pick one up.

Gunslinger Apprentice Tony will become famous soon enough Tony will become famous soon enough

Country
    Country Flag

If anyone's looking for a numbered copy of Suntup's The Road to go along with their shiny new Blood Meridian let me know, I have one for sale for US$1,395 including shipping to the US and Canada.

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

One small attention to detail that some of you Blood Meridian numbered owners may have missed. When you take the book out of the tray case, take a look at the bottom insert that the book is resting on. Because of the unusual way the book is bound, it is thicker at the spine than it is at the page edge, so it's effectively a 'wedge' shape tapering from left to right. The tray case is built to accommodate this and the floor is tapered in the opposite direction to allow for the slope, meaning the book lies absolutely flat in the case and is supported throughout.

I think this is as cool as hell.
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

Country
    Country Flag

Numbered Handmaid. $1250 shipped

HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by stroppygoblin View Post
    One small attention to detail that some of you Blood Meridian numbered owners may have missed. When you take the book out of the tray case, take a look at the bottom insert that the book is resting on. Because of the unusual way the book is bound, it is thicker at the spine than it is at the page edge, so it's effectively a 'wedge' shape tapering from left to right. The tray case is built to accommodate this and the floor is tapered in the opposite direction to allow for the slope, meaning the book lies absolutely flat in the case and is supported throughout.

Wow!!!! Thank you for pointing that out!!

Rabid Billybumbler Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of

Country
    Country Flag

Saw this. Thought it was a great touch

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Well spotted. I also did this with the Lettered edition of The Road.

Servant of Gan shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I was too busy sniffing the boards and paper to notice!

Very cool touch.
    Nobody likes a clown at midnight

My Mood
    Cool

So the inside of the case is lower at the spine part of the book. And the slant in the book makes it even? That's so ingenious. I never would have noticed that.
    If I am describing it right.

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by zelig View Post

Well spotted. I also did this with the Lettered edition of The Road.
    Any chances to see pictures to better understand?
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

+ Reply to Thread
Page 607 of 645 FirstFirst ... 107 507 557 597 605 606 607 608 609 617 ... LastLast