Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free

View Poll Results: Please choose which image you would prefer (1 choice only)

Voters
34. You may not vote on this poll
  • I want the Sewer Grate image for my US Edition

17 50.00%
  • I want the Pennywise/IT image for my US edition

7 20.59%
  • I want the Sewer Grate for US edition and Pennywise/IT for UK edition

10 29.41%
  • I want some other combination (leave a message)

0 0%

Thread: IT Slipcase Vote

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Default IT Slipcase Vote

Looking to get final numbers on who likes/wants what.

This poll does not commit you to buying now or at anytime in the future, just getting numbers on which is preferred.

Sewer Grate Version

Pennywise/IT version
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Well, this is starting to look like a landslide...

I'll keep it open for a few days in order to let everyone get a chance to see and vote.
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

Did you guess it was me? becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69's Avatar

The First Level of Hell - It's got a great view!
    Country
    Country Flag

If we wanted a Pennywise and it doesn't win, will both be available?

(I don't like the way the sewer image is cut off without it being on an edge)
    Wanted: Human skin edition of The Book of the Dead. Will accept PC copy.

Citizen of Gilead Aronstg has a spectacular aura about Aronstg has a spectacular aura about Aronstg has a spectacular aura about Aronstg's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

So a question here. He is just creating these plates right? So if he does a standard US edition one with the Sewer Grate and the UK with the Pennywise, as long as the plate is made, you could still request a Pennywise US from him right? Or am I wrong in this assumption? I thought the major cost was in making the plates.

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Aronstg View Post
    So a question here. He is just creating these plates right? So if he does a standard US edition one with the Sewer Grate and the UK with the Pennywise, as long as the plate is made, you could still request a Pennywise US from him right? Or am I wrong in this assumption? I thought the major cost was in making the plates.
    Mine understanding from prior conversations with Jeff is that you'd just have to purchase the plate if you wanted something different than what's being offered to the group as a whole. So I'm thinking that a plate could be made also for the US edition with Pennywise embedded.

I'm I right, Simon that one could have that plate made for their personal preference outside of the group vote?
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by becca69 View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Brian861 View Post
    Mine understanding from prior conversations with Jeff is that you'd just have to purchase the plate if you wanted something different than what's being offered to the group as a whole. So I'm thinking that a plate could be made also for the US edition with Pennywise embedded.

I'm I right, Simon that one could have that plate made for their personal preference outside of the group vote?
    The problem is that each plate will be specific to the book it has been created for because it has the publishers name on it. It is also sized to that specific book. So whilst you could ask Jeff to make a slipcase sized to the US book but using the UK plate, it will be slightly off centre and have the wrong publisher on it!

I have no problem with creating a US version of the 2nd plate, but as Brian states, this would be at a higher cost in order to cover the additional plate. Jeff absorbs the cost of the plate if a big group of people want the same one. Right now thats 24 for the US Grate version and 8 for the UK IT/Pennywise version vs only 3 people who prefer to have the US version as IT/Pennywise.

Gunslinger Apprentice dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I'm abstaining from voting as I have a Dolso case for my signed IT, but I'm surprised more people don't like Pennywise. Regardless of what wins, another terrific job by Simon!

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by stroppygoblin View Post

The problem is that each plate will be specific to the book it has been created for because it has the publishers name on it. It is also sized to that specific book. So whilst you could ask Jeff to make a slipcase sized to the US book but using the UK plate, it will be slightly off centre and have the wrong publisher on it!

I have no problem with creating a US version of the 2nd plate, but as Brian states, this would be at a higher cost in order to cover the additional plate. Jeff absorbs the cost of the plate if a big group of people want the same one. Right now thats 24 for the US Grate version and 8 for the UK IT/Pennywise version vs only 3 people who prefer to have the US version as IT/Pennywise.
    I apologize, Simon as I may have caused a bit of frustration with this. The vote is the vote and I personally truly appreciate all the work that you and Jeff do with these things. I like to see one done for each book but that probably wouldn't be cost effective. If folks want something outside of the vote, maybe it best to deal directly with you and Jeff on the version they want knowing the added cost going in. I'd be willing to pay for the US version of the 2nd plate and whomever wants to use it may. It's just some damn cool IMO and I find the grate boring when compared side by side to the embedded. And damn you, Simon for ever showing it to me! (kidding)
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Did you guess it was me? becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

So I didn't realize the spine and the front were the on the same plate... do you know if it's possible to just stamp the front without the spine (can it be covered/blocked out)?

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

I apologize, Simon as I may have caused a bit of frustration with this. The vote is the vote and I personally truly appreciate all the work that you and Jeff do with these things. I like to see one done for each book but that probably wouldn't be cost effective. If folks want something outside of the vote, maybe it best to deal directly with you and Jeff on the version they want knowing the added cost going in. I'd be willing to pay for the US version of the 2nd plate and whomever wants to use it may. It's just some damn cool IMO and I find the grate boring when compared side by side to the embedded. And damn you, Simon for ever showing it to me! (kidding)
    No need to apologise Brian, the point of this poll was to get feedback on preferences. I also really like the embedded Pennywise, actually I think (IMHO) it's one of the best I've done and selfishly that why I suggested using it for the UK one, so I could have both!

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

So I didn't realize the spine and the front were the on the same plate... do you know if it's possible to just stamp the front without the spine (can it be covered/blocked out)?
    Sorry Becca, thats not an option. if you look back through the thread, you can see an example photo of Jeff's stamping machine, from that you can see why it wouldn't be possible to block anything out (it would leave an impression of what was blocking it)

Country
    Country Flag

Yeah, I haven't seen it. I lost track of this thread. Just found a very fine copy of It (at my neighbors - haha) and want a slipcase.

If there is anyone else who might want a Pennywise US slipcase, maybe we can split the cost of the plate?

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

See Brian's comment above

the Return of CRAZY DOG! Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

I think a lot of people like the pennywise It... unfortunately fewer of us own the UK 1st edition here...

Country
    Country Flag

No need to apologise Brian, the point of this poll was to get feedback on preferences. I also really like the embedded Pennywise, actually I think (IMHO) it's one of the best I've done and selfishly that why I suggested using it for the UK one, so I could have both!
    I completely agree. It's outstanding work and would look awesome on a reprint cover as well!

Yeah, I haven't seen it. I lost track of this thread. Just found a very fine copy of It (at my neighbors - haha) and want a slipcase.

If there is anyone else who might want a Pennywise US slipcase, maybe we can split the cost of the plate?
    I'll go halfies with ya, Becca

Quote Originally Posted by Sir_Boomme View Post
    I think a lot of people like the pennywise It... unfortunately fewer of us own the UK 1st edition here...
    I need the UK as well but haven't found one in decent shape. My US needs to replace too has it's not the best copy. I'm hoping one day, when I'm all growed up, that I can score a nice signed copy .

Country
    Country Flag

I'm good with that Brian. And if anyone else wants to jump in, let us know and I guess we can coordinate with Jeff (and Simon) once he starts this job.

Country
    Country Flag

I'm good with that Brian. And if anyone else wants to jump in, let us know and I guess we can coordinate with Jeff (and Simon) once he starts this job.