View Poll Results: Please choose one

Voters
22. You may not vote on this poll
  • Jerry Lee Lewis - Great Balls of Fire

3 13.64%
  • Eagles - Hotel California

19 86.36%
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Great Music - Tournament Finals: Semifinals (Matchup 12 of 13)

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Default Great Music - Tournament Finals: Semifinals (Matchup 12 of 13)

For this finals poll, please choose one track to move on to the Finals.

IMPORTANT! Please do not simply vote on name recognition (or lack thereof) alone. Please do listen to each nomination and then make your choice. Even if you think you know a track well, it's still worth giving it a listen for a refresher.

The poll will run for seven days. Discussion is greatly encouraged!

The nominees are (please let me know if any video doesn't play for you):

Jerry Lee Lewis - Great Balls of Fire (1957)

Eagles - Hotel California (1976)

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

HOW WE GOT HERE

Jerry Lee Lewis - Great Balls of Fire (1957)

Nominated by T-Dogz_AK47 on December 9, 2015.
    Seconded by pablo on December 10, 2015.

In Round 1 it placed 1st in Group 8 (March 16-23, 2016):
    • Jerry Lee Lewis - Great Balls of Fire (1957) 94.12%
    • Little Richard - Long Tall Sally (1956) 52.94%
    • The Platters - Only You (And You Alone) (1955) 52.94%
    • Frankie Ford - Sea Cruise (1959) 29.41%
    • Ricky Nelson - Lonesome Town (1958) 23.53%
    • Pat Suzuki - How High the Moon (1958) 11.76%
    • The Tommy Dorsey Orchestra - Tea for Two Cha-Cha (1958) 11.76%

In Round 2 it placed 1st in Group 2 (May 4-11, 2016):
    • Jerry Lee Lewis - Great Balls of Fire (1957) 81.25%
    • The Isley Brothers - Shout (1959) 68.75%
    • Ray Charles - What'd I Say (1959) 43.75%
    • Dion and The Belmonts - I Wonder Why (1958) 43.75%
    • Elvis Presley - Blue Suede Shoes (1956) 37.50%

In Round 3 it placed 1st in Group 2 (June 20-27, 2016):
    • Jerry Lee Lewis - Great Balls of Fire (1957) 81.25%
    • The Isley Brothers - Shout (1959) 62.50%
    • Fats Domino - Blueberry Hill (1956) 31.25%
    • The Coasters - Yakety Yak (1958) 18.75%

Entering the playoffs it was ranked 2nd.

In Playoffs Round 2 it beat out Buddy Holly - Everyday (1957) with 72.73% of the vote (September 26 - October 3, 2016).

In the Quarterfinals it beat out The Everly Brothers - Wake Up Little Susie (1957) with 66.67% of the vote (November 9-16, 2016).

In the Semifinals it beat out Elvis Presley - Jailhouse Rock (1957) with 68.18% of the vote (December 6-13, 2016).

In the Finals it beat out Chuck Berry - Johnny B. Goode (1958) with 65.00% of the vote (December 19-31, 2016).

Throughout the tournament it earned an average vote percentage of 75.60%, good for 2nd out of 14.

In the Tournament Finals Quarterfinals it beat out Tom Petty - Free Fallin' (1989) with 66.67% of the vote (January 16-23, 2017).

Country
    Country Flag

HOW WE GOT HERE

Eagles - Hotel California (1976)

Nominated by T-Dogz_AK47 on December 19, 2015.
    Seconded by divemaster on December 19, 2015.

In Round 1 it placed 1st in Group 8 (March 28 - April 4, 2016):
    • Eagles - Hotel California (1976) 89.47%
    • Fleetwood Mac - Go Your Own Way (1976) 84.21%
    • Manfred Mann's Earth Band - Blinded by the Light (1976) 52.63%
    • Jimmy Buffett - Margaritaville (1977) 47.37%
    • John Travolta and Olivia Newton-John - Summer Nights (1978) 42.11%
    • George Thorogood and The Delaware Destroyers - One Bourbon, One Scotch, One Beer (1977) 36.84%
    • David Bowie - Sound and Vision (1977) 21.05%

In Round 2 it placed 1st in Group 3 (May 16-23, 2016):
    • Eagles - Hotel California (1976) 100.00%
    • Blondie - One Way Or Another (1978) 57.14%
    • David Bowie - Fame (1975) 57.14%
    • Kiss - Detroit Rock City (1976) 35.71%
    • Electric Light Orchestra - Don't Bring Me Down (1979) 28.57%

In Round 3 it placed 1st in Group 1 (June 30 - July 7, 2016):
    • Eagles - Hotel California (1976) 76.47%
    • Pink Floyd - Another Brick in the Wall (1979) 64.71%
    • The Charlie Daniels Band - The Devil Went Down to Georgia (1979) 47.06%
    • Blondie - One Way Or Another (1978) 5.88%

Entering the playoffs it was ranked 2nd.

In Playoffs Round 2 it beat out Boston - More Than a Feeling (1976) with 80.95% of the vote (October 6-13, 2016).

In the Quarterfinals it beat out Pink Floyd - Another Brick in the Wall (1979) with 65.00% of the vote (November 14-21, 2016).

In the Semifinals it beat out Pink Floyd - Comfortably Numb (1979) with 57.89% of the vote (December 8-15, 2016).

In the Finals it beat out Queen - Bohemian Rhapsody (1975) with 52.00% of the vote (December 19-31, 2016).

Throughout the tournament it earned an average vote percentage of 74.54%, good for 3rd out of 14.

In the Tournament Finals Quarterfinals it beat out Seal - Kiss From a Rose (1995) with 100.00% of the vote (January 16-23, 2017).

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Hotel California
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Hotel California
    It seems I'm miles above the surface of the Earth

I can see across the whole of London and beyond

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

why, of course

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Not to go on all fours; that is the Law. Are we not Men?. T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

It has to be Hotel California.

Robot Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave's Avatar

2 votes for Great Balls of Fire?!

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

This is Amanda's worst nightmare
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Robot Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave's Avatar

It is!

Caution: eye irritant Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

Hotel is the only tune left!
    All that's left of what we were is what we have become.

Country
    Country Flag

I've mentioned this before in the overview thread, but for the record this is our 1,000th (one thousandth) poll.

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

wow
    oh pablo, you're a real REAL supermegamonster and our supermegahero

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Country
    Country Flag

The poll has closed. "Hotel California" will face Simon and Garfunkel - The Sound of Silence (1964) in the Final.

+ Reply to Thread