Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Favorite Authors That Aren't Stephen King

Hybrid View

Gunslinger Apprentice dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorZaius View Post
    I have seen good and bad comments regarding Joyce Carol Oates, and I thought I would share at least one plug. I remember reading through her sliver of a book called Black Water. The narrative is suffocating - pun intended. The novel (novella?) unfolds as a young woman is drowning in a car after it plunges off an old bridge and into murky water. The driver? A man referred to as The Senator. Ringing any bells? Let's just say that it is probably not a Kennedy family favorite. The novel moves back and forth, between the young woman hoping The Senator will come back to save her as she drowns, and the flash backs we see that lead to her tragic death. Well worth a few hours time. Very affecting.
    Oooo...this sounds good. Just ordered it on Paperback Swap. Thanks!

Rabid Billybumbler DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by dnemec View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by DoctorZaius View Post
    I have seen good and bad comments regarding Joyce Carol Oates, and I thought I would share at least one plug. I remember reading through her sliver of a book called Black Water. The narrative is suffocating - pun intended. The novel (novella?) unfolds as a young woman is drowning in a car after it plunges off an old bridge and into murky water. The driver? A man referred to as The Senator. Ringing any bells? Let's just say that it is probably not a Kennedy family favorite. The novel moves back and forth, between the young woman hoping The Senator will come back to save her as she drowns, and the flash backs we see that lead to her tragic death. Well worth a few hours time. Very affecting.
    Oooo...this sounds good. Just ordered it on Paperback Swap. Thanks!
    Hope it moves you. Thanks for the rep!

+ Reply to Thread