2017 Haven Foundation Fundraiser
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: Favorite Authors That Aren't Stephen King

Citizen of Gilead RC65 has a spectacular aura about RC65 has a spectacular aura about

Quote Originally Posted by biomieg View Post
    Many of my favorites were mentioned already. Also worth checking out IMO: Cody McFadyen (he wrote a couple of great serial killer novels and then simply disappeared), Daniel Hecht (for some great 'neuropsychological noir' novels). Hugh Howey (Wool trilogy). Justin Cronin (The Passage trilogy).
    A few other great books I read not too long ago (based on recommendations here):

- Replay (Ken Grimwood)
    - Wayward Pines (Blake Crouch)
    - Dark Matter (Blake Crouch)
    Another vote for all three of these. REPLAY, in particular, is an all-time favorite of mine.

Manni Folken zelig has much to be proud of zelig has much to be proud of zelig has much to be proud of zelig has much to be proud of zelig has much to be proud of zelig has much to be proud of zelig has much to be proud of zelig has much to be proud of zelig has much to be proud of zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Yep, there has been some discussion before about Replay. It's a stand out and one of my favorite books.

If there are any Follett fans out there, the third book in the Kingsbridge series is coming out in September. Proof copies are showing up on eBay.

Losers Club Heather19 is a name known to all Heather19 is a name known to all Heather19 is a name known to all Heather19 is a name known to all Heather19 is a name known to all Heather19 is a name known to all Heather19's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dnemec View Post
    Many of my favorites were mentioned already. Also worth checking out IMO: Cody McFadyen (he wrote a couple of great serial killer novels and then simply disappeared), Daniel Hecht (for some great 'neuropsychological noir' novels). Hugh Howey (Wool trilogy). Justin Cronin (The Passage trilogy).
    A few other great books I read not too long ago (based on recommendations here):

- Replay (Ken Grimwood)
    I've been wanting to read more Blake Crouch. I loved the Wayward Pines trilogy. So Dark Matter was good then?
    I am a huge Blake Crouch fan. I picked up Pines a few years ago and then proceeded to read almost everything by him. I highly recommend Run, Dark Matter, and his collection of short stories. Abandon and Snowbound were good as well, but I'd say start with the others first.
    We all float down here

Citizen of Gilead RC65 has a spectacular aura about RC65 has a spectacular aura about

Heather has it right...I also got on the Crouch bandwagon a year or two ago, and read most of his stuff in a burst...he has a very compelling way of telling a story. My favorites were, as Heather echoes, the PINES trilogy, DARK MATTER, and RUN (and in that order).

Gunslinger Apprentice dnemec is a splendid one to behold dnemec is a splendid one to behold dnemec is a splendid one to behold dnemec is a splendid one to behold dnemec is a splendid one to behold dnemec is a splendid one to behold dnemec is a splendid one to behold dnemec's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Heather19 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by dnemec View Post

- Replay (Ken Grimwood)
    I've been wanting to read more Blake Crouch. I loved the Wayward Pines trilogy. So Dark Matter was good then?
    I am a huge Blake Crouch fan. I picked up Pines a few years ago and then proceeded to read almost everything by him. I highly recommend Run, Dark Matter, and his collection of short stories. Abandon and Snowbound were good as well, but I'd say start with the others first.
    Well, Heather, you are the reason I read the Pines triliogy, so I should probably listen to you. Thanks!

Losers Club Heather19 is a name known to all Heather19 is a name known to all Heather19 is a name known to all Heather19 is a name known to all Heather19 is a name known to all Heather19 is a name known to all Heather19's Avatar

I really do hope you enjoy his other books. Please let us know what you think once you read them. I love his fast paced way of storytelling.
    We all float down here

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4