Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: 2017 Fundraiser Benefiting The Haven Foundation

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Default 2017 Fundraiser Benefiting The Haven Foundation

The 2017 Fundraiser benefiting The Haven Foundation kicks off January 19th and will run through May 19, 2017.
    Last year we raised over $16,000! Our goal this year is a modest $10,000.

From Stephen King:
    "In the summer of 1999, I was struck by a careless driver and nearly killed while taking my daily walk. It was ten months before I was able to work productively again. Some years later, a good friend of mine, audio reader Frank Muller, suffered terrible head injuries as a result of a motorcycle accident. He never worked again. My luck was infinitely better than Muller’s, but the two events set me thinking about the uniquely perilous situation of many freelance artists. The majority of mid-list writers, audio readers, and freelancers in the book and publishing industry have little or no financial cushion in the event of a sudden catastrophic accident such as that suffered by Muller and myself. Many aren’t affiliated with any professional associations or guilds that can help them in the event of such reversals. Even those who are affiliated with organizations such as The Authors’ Guild cannot look for much beyond token help over a short period of time.
    My response to this has been the creation of The Haven Foundation. Its goals will be threefold:
    First, to establish a compassionate and committed group of board members willing to sift through cases and identify those where the need seems to be the greatest. These “greatest need” cases would be freelance members of the fine arts community – who have found themselves unable to work due to disease or accident. We will also focus on freelancers who lost their homes and work spaces (with freelancers these are often the same) as a result of natural disasters or other catastrophic events.
    Second, to help a number of these individuals each year, based on need.
    Third, to establish cut-off points for such help. As I have discovered, the decision to cut off aid is an agonizing one, and best made by a group rather than by an individual. I have come to believe, however, that it must be made if help is to be rendered to the many rather than the few.
    Stephen King"

At the top of every page is a donation widget. Keep in mind that $10 gets you an entry for the grand prize. $100 total gets the max 10 entries.
    Last year there were less than 120 unique donors and less than 500 total entries.
    Pretty good odds considering the prizes.

We are streamlining this year’s event to make it easier to manage and hopefully increase the donation total.
    Several book dealers have already committed to donating things that will either be used as giveaways, or auctioned off-we are hoping for more once this official announcement is posted.

100% of the net proceeds from all cash, check, Paypal gift donations and Ebay auctions will be forwarded to The Haven Foundation. (Ebay ad insertion, commission, shipping fees and shipping materials are the expenses that will be paid from the Gross proceeds).

Every person who donates $10 or more, or donates an item used for auction or giveaway (donors need to contact me in advance before sending potential items) will receive one entry into our giveaway*-maximum 10 entries per donor. Items for the giveaway have yet to be finalized, but rest assured they will be really exciting and cool! Please use the donation "widget" that is atop each forum page.

Stephen King has kindly agreed to personalize one of his books to our Grand Prize Winner!**

Personal Paypal donations must be noted as a “Gift” so that Paypal does not take a commission.
    The Paypal address is Crownandcola@aol.com
    (Name is Dolores, don't freak out)

Checks must be made out to Jerome Smith (Please don’t make them out to The Haven Foundation as I will have to forward them and they won’t count towards our fund-raising total) and mailed to:

The Haven Foundation Fundraiser
    C/O Jerome Smith
    PM me for address

Last years Grand Prize winner received three inscribed First Edition Trade Hardbacks. Mr. Mercedes, Finders Keepers, and End of Watch:

Did you guess it was me? becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69's Avatar

The First Level of Hell - It's got a great view!
    Country
    Country Flag

Awesome!
    Wanted: Human skin edition of The Book of the Dead. Will accept PC copy.

Demon of the Prim AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Just sent $100 via Paypal to kick it off.

Thanks for coordinating Flaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaagg......

Demon of the Prim mikeC has a spectacular aura about mikeC has a spectacular aura about mikeC has a spectacular aura about

I don't remember those Hodgson books. The winner didn't want them personalized or Steve just wrote Constant Reader?

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by mikeC View Post
    I don't remember those Hodgson books. The winner didn't want them personalized or Steve just wrote Constant Reader?
    IF I were to win.. I would want COnstant Reader in mine.. he calls us all that... so it would be cool to own it that way. I am not sure what was asked for.
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

King inscribed the books exactly how the winning member requested.

Demon of the Prim wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Donation sent! Maxed out my entries... feeling lucky this year

I also agree that "Constant Reader" is a cool inscription.

Demon of the Prim mikeC has a spectacular aura about mikeC has a spectacular aura about mikeC has a spectacular aura about

Very cool of him to sign all three with different inscriptions.

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

That was cool, and unexpected. The request was that he inscribe one of the books of his choosing. He inscribed all 3 and I would say the trio is priceless.

Jascar of the Wylde EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    That was cool, and unexpected. The request was that he inscribe one of the books of his choosing. He inscribed all 3 and I would say the trio is priceless.
    I agree!.... There is great appreciation when great things are achieved. Great job by TDT.org and fabulous appreciation shown by Mr. King.
    We shall not cease from exploration and the end of all our exploring
    will be to arrive where we started and know the place for the first time.

T.S. Eliot -

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Citizen of Gilead sentinel is a splendid one to behold sentinel is a splendid one to behold sentinel is a splendid one to behold sentinel is a splendid one to behold sentinel is a splendid one to behold sentinel is a splendid one to behold sentinel is a splendid one to behold

Country
    Country Flag

Cool, Unexpected and Priceless! You stated it perfectly, Jerome.

I got this Stone Brewing WOOT stout this weekend and it supports the hero initiave which is similar to the Haven but but for comic creators.
    http://www.heroinitiative.org/

I thought that was cool. 13% beer, looking forward to cracking open that one.
    https://www.beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/147/96528/

Forgive me if this was bad/confusing place to put this. Thought some might find it interesting.

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

As previous years I'll send a donation, of course, but my first donation in the year will be for the portal, not for the HF.

Regarding HF last year I made a suggestion: instead of all auctions it'd be nice to do a test similar to crowdfunding. I don't know if you're open to do this but if you need help don't hesitate to let me know.
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Just a reminder. Every year our Grand Prize is a mind blower.
    Donate now to get your entries in. $100 gets you the max 10 entries (although more than $100 gets you good Karma).

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Just a reminder. Every year our Grand Prize is a mind blower.
    Donate now to get your entries in. $100 gets you the max 10 entries (although more than $100 gets you good Karma).
    Now, If I was a big supporter and shill for the fundraiser I would say that is a nice deal with pretty good odds to win. However, I don't do that kind of thing anymore so as to not upset the status quo. lol
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I know there is a lot going on right now, but just a reminder to donate. If the fundraiser closed today, we would have less than 30 unique people with less than 200 total entries.

We aren't certain what the Grand Prize will be, but I have two or three ideas that are potentially life altering (how's that for hype!).

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I know there is a lot going on right now, but just a reminder to donate. If the fundraiser closed today, we would have less than 30 unique people with less than 200 total entries.

We aren't certain what the Grand Prize will be, but I have two or three ideas that are potentially life altering (how's that for hype!).
    What is your total RF so far?
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post

What is your total RF so far?
    A bit over $5K.

Jascar of the Wylde EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Jerome, Bill.
    Do you think a Ticket to attend Sarasota Bookstore1 SOLD OUT signing event might raise some $ for Haven Fund? I likely could provide if think there is interest. I'm not sure if there is interest as few comments in the thread. Guarantees 1st print 1st edition EOW signed in front of you.

T.S. Eliot -

Not to go on all fours; that is the Law. Are we not Men?. T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by EXPLORER View Post
    Jerome, Bill.
    Do you think a Ticket to attend Sarasota Bookstore1 SOLD OUT signing event might raise some $ for Haven Fund? I likely could provide if think there is interest. I'm not sure if there is interest as few comments in the thread. Guarantees 1st print 1st edition EOW signed in front of you.
    Although I am neither Jerome or Bill, I would personally bet that there would be an AWESOME amount of interest to attend the Sarasota Bookstore signing event.

The fact that you would even consider donating a ticket to this for the HF, makes you a bonafide HERO in my eyes!!

Rep points for that.

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Jerome, Bill.
    If you can sell one, please feel free to do so. Then make a donation.
    It's more efficient to do it that way. Thanks for doing that.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Jerome, Bill.

First off, that is an exceedingly generous offer. Very considerate. I'm not sure how best to realize the value for something like this for the HF. Perhaps, a "Blind Auction" in the classified thread would be best? members can submit their bids via PM up until a prescribed cut-off and then the proceeds could be sent to Jerome in a check for the benefit of the HF?

Or, and I do not know the event details, if the book could be obtained first and then just auctioned as normal for the HF. Just some ideas. Thanks for thinking of the HF, Jim!!!

BTW, I'm looking for 1/1 editions of "Mr. Mercede's" and "Finders keepers". The DJ's need not be intact. PM me if you have a thought or offer.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    Jerome, Bill.

First off, that is an exceedingly generous offer. Very considerate. I'm not sure how best to realize the value for something like this for the HF. Perhaps, a "Blind Auction" in the classified thread would be best? members can submit their bids via PM up until a prescribed cut-off and then the proceeds could be sent to Jerome in a check for the benefit of the HF?

Or, and I do not know the event details, if the book could be obtained first and then just auctioned as normal for the HF. Just some ideas. Thanks for thinking of the HF, Jim!!!
    I will post an offering for a low number ticket (under 35) which puts holder toward front of line for the Book Signing in the Collectible Classifieds thread as soon as I can figure out the details which could bring the most for Haven Fund...

T.S. Eliot -

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    Jerome, Bill.

I will post an offering for a low number ticket (under 35) which puts holder toward front of line in the Collectible Classifieds thread as soon as I can figure out the details which could bring the most for Haven Fund...

You are "Da Man"!!!!! If I can be of any assistance just shout.

Spoiler:
    BTW, in your avatar you got a real nice ass for an old white guy!!!! lol lol
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... LastLast