Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: 2017 Collecting Goals

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Default 2017 Collecting Goals

Nothing but Signet paperbacks and medical textbooks for me this year, I think!

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks for starting the thread My goals?

1) Obtain UK IT proof
    2) Same with US IT proof
    3) Wells/Clark/Orbik original from 25th IT
    4) Regulators Lettered
    5) Signed UK IT 1st

They are lofty goals... but I will be happy if they come true!!!
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Rabid Billybumbler Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm keeping mine a bit lower this year, continuing with last years themes.

1. Continue my CD GE set with remarques
    2. Get Grant Edition/artist editions of the DT series
    3. Continue collecting 1st ed.
    4. Acquire one or more proofs
    5. Get a signed 1st edition hardcover book
    6. 1st edition The Shining from Folio (signed, or remarqued would be a big cherry on top)
    7. Upgrade my 'Salem's Lot copy if I can find a 1st ed. without a dust jacket for cheap
    8. Other random GE that tickle my fancy (thinking mainly Grant edition of The Talisman and the PS copy of Night Shift)
    9. SK signed Anthology (maybe Book of the Dead)
    10. Original art from SK artists
    11. AE copy of CD's 'Salem's Lot

I'm actually in the process of acquiring one of my holy grails (thanks to a member here), I wouldn't even have added it to my year goals as it seemed close to unobtainable to me. So I am pretty excited about that.

Maerlyn's Imp HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Well here we go

1.) Firestarter S/L
    2.) IT S/L
    3.) EOTD S/L
    4.) Christine S/L
    5.) Cujo S/L
    6.) Talisman S/L
    7.( Regulators S/L
    8.) UK 1sts still needed (Carrie, Salems, NS)

Basically hope to acquire one of the top 2, at least 2-3 of the next tier and keep a look out for the rare UK titles. And probably expand the proof collection a little here and there. And keep an eye out for cool inscriptions. Ought to be fun!

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Quote Originally Posted by Theli View Post
    ...1st edition The Shining from Folio...
    Are you going for the dinged or non-dinged variant?
    It seems I'm miles above the surface of the Earth

I can see across the whole of London and beyond

Guardian of the Beam peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

The Dark Tower Signed / Limited Matching Number set

Rabid Billybumbler amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

1) Firestarter S/L
    2) Skeleton Crew S/L (Scream Press)
    3) `Salem's Lot S/L (Centipede Press)
    4) at least one Lettered (preferably The Stand from Doubleday)
    5) any newly released limited editions (or non limited for that matter)
    6) complete list on http://www.thedarktower.org/?page=imagelimit2
    a: The Gunslinger 2nd Edition
    b: a few versions of the Colorado Kid (HC)

Stretch goals:
    1) Firstarter S/L for all 4 dates
    2) complete matching number DT set
    Wanted:

'Salem's Lot Portfolio #606

Fairy Tale UK S/L

Citizen of Gilead Aronstg has a spectacular aura about Aronstg has a spectacular aura about Aronstg has a spectacular aura about Aronstg's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

1) Whelan original - preferably King related
    2) Signed 1st IT
    3) The Long Walk 1st
    Last edited by Aronstg; 08-21-2017 at 10:19 PM.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

• Meet fellow DT.org members at Michael Whelan art premier (a bit done other than actually showing up).
    • Corner the market on undamaged Charlie The Choo Choo UK limited editions, and San Diego Convention editions.
    • Attend Stephen King, Owen King event(s) and obtain a signed copy of Sleeping Beauties.

Did you guess it was me? becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69's Avatar

The First Level of Hell - It's got a great view!
    Country
    Country Flag

1. Lettered Regulators (I say dream big!)
    2. Gunslinger S/L PC (why not dream bigger?)
    3. Firestarter S/L
    4. Regulators S/L
    5. Any new signed titles (trade or S/L)
    6. more original artwork/remarques
    Wanted: Human skin edition of The Book of the Dead. Will accept PC copy.

Servant of Gan shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

The Stand s/l
    Sleeping Beauties signed (s/l if available)

Gunslinger Apprentice picontin will become famous soon enough picontin will become famous soon enough picontin's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

The Talisman Gift
    The Talisman/Black House set
    From a Buick 8 S/L
    The Shining S/L
    Insomnia S/L
    P2

Servant of Gan Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

I over exceeded my 2016 goals by A LOT so 2017 should be fairly smooth sailing.
    Any upcoming S/L's (hopefully a Sleeping Beauties happens!)
    Hopefully a Strange Weather S/L also happens
    Possibly a Thinner first from Gerald.
    Continuously check in with Gerald, David, and Kim in case they have something I decide I need
    Continuously buy from CD

EDIT: also would like a Gwendy's S/L

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Beverly Marsh View Post
    Continuously check in with Gerald, David, and Kim in case they have something I decide I need
    Continuously buy from CD
    You see he sold them ALL in less than a minute?

Also, who is Kim?

And lastly... I think you could see a S/L of Sleeping Beauties... just because King wants to help his boy get going... perhaps a tour if not though....
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Servant of Gan Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Beverly Marsh View Post
    Continuously buy from CD
    You see he sold them ALL in less than a minute?

Also, who is Kim?

And lastly... I think you could see a S/L of Sleeping Beauties... just because King wants to help his boy get going... perhaps a tour if not though....
    I didn't see that! Wow! Good for him, I'm happy he's seeing business. Thank god I just had it as a possibility. Lol
    Camelot's Kim. I should have specified. Bought a few things from her and have always had a good experience and who doesn't like gift wrap?
    I would love to see a Sleeping Beauties S/L(as would all of us). I brought this up in another thread and it seemed to be mixed as to whether or not there would be one. I agree that it would get Owen's name out there as he isn't anywhere near his father or brother yet. People are going to buy a regular trade regardless because of SK's name being attached but since CD has worked with both Owen and Stephen one can hope.....
    Someone else brought up a valid point that an S/L might take away from Owen as it would be all about Dad in terms of collectors but hey if the book is being purchased....

Rabid Billybumbler Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Every day is Christmas when you order from Kim!

Added a couple extra goals to my list.

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Continue to refocus and rebuild my collection on the lower end for both King/Hill and stay on top of King/Hill new releases as they become available. To attend a Sleeping Beauties signing, if one is scheduled close and a Joe Hill signing if close. Oh and continue to hit up the good folks (Chris) here for Hill sigs .
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Two Gunslingers Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

I absolutely must start a my collection thread this year
    Wanted
    CD Carrie Portfolio 719
    Dark Tower S/N LE's 171 or 203
    ANY Stephen King S/N LE #171 or 719

A Storm of Swords #218 or 346
    Ancillary Justice #455
    American Gods (+ SC Reader copy) #624

Michael Whelan original art
    DT VII: Michael Whelan Remarque

Two Gunslingers Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

19. Get Post # 19 in this thread...
    Wanted
    CD Carrie Portfolio 719
    Dark Tower S/N LE's 171 or 203
    ANY Stephen King S/N LE #171 or 719

A Storm of Swords #218 or 346
    Ancillary Justice #455
    American Gods (+ SC Reader copy) #624

Michael Whelan original art
    DT VII: Michael Whelan Remarque

Maerlyn's Imp tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4's Avatar

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

S/L of Gwendy's Button Box
    Unsigned 1st edition of Gwendy's Button Box
    Signed 1st edition of Gwendy's Button Box
    S/L of Sleeping Beauties (if made)
    G/E of Sleeping Beauties (if made)
    Unsigned 1st edition of Sleeping Beauties
    Signed 1st edition of Sleeping Beauties
    CD GE of The Shining
    Signed 1st edition paperback of The Colorado Kid
    Signed 1st edition paperback of The Storm of the Century
    Signed 1st edition of Thinner
    Signed 1st edition of Creepshow
    Find the missing volume in my DT SL set (carried over from 2016)
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Dark Tower 7 Artist Edition n/a
    The Waste Lands 1st Edition in Shrinkwrap $200
    1984 Grant Gift Edition of The Talisman $400
    Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED
    Signed 1st Edition of Storm of The Century (Paperback)

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Lookwhoitis View Post
    19. Get Post # 19 in this thread...
    lol
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Country
    Country Flag

I am currently at 85 S/L's. I would like to cross 100 this year. Not easy I know...
    1st UK IT signed
    Regulators Lettered
    Another Whelan original or 2... or 3!
    S/L or lettered of the new CD Gwendy book!
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Lookwhoitis View Post
    I absolutely must start a my collection thread this year
    Lol, same!

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    I am currently at 85 S/L's. I would like to cross 100 this year. Not easy I know...
    1st UK IT signed
    Regulators Lettered
    Another Whelan original or 2... or 3!
    S/L or lettered of the new CD Gwendy book!
    Nicely done Kris!

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Last year I didn't focus as much as I wanted in my goals as in 2015 but it has been a really great year for my collection. So I'll list the items I didn't get last year plus some new goals:

* The long walk UK 1st
    * The running man UK 1st
    * The Plant #1 or 3 unsigned
    * The Girl Who Loved Tom Gordon Proof with Letter by King.
    * The Gunslinger 1st Grant
    * Gwendy's Button Box S/L
    * Sleeping Beauties US proof
    * Sleeping Beauties UK proof

* At least 1 of the 22 1st fiction appearances' magazines/newspapers I'm missing.
    * At least 3 of the 15 1st fiction appearances' books I'm missing.
    * At least 2 of the 28 promo items I'm after.
    * At least 3 more 1st edition books signed by King.
    * At least 2 S/L books I'm missing.
    * At least 15 of the 138 magazines I'm missing that include an original non-fiction piece.
    * At least 10 of the 38 books I'm missing that include an original non-fiction piece.
    * At least 2 of the 173 newspapers I'm missing that include an original non-fiction piece.
    * At least 1 of the two Spanish editions I'm missing.

Since I completed my last Grails list, I have a new one. I'm pretty positive it'll take a lot of time to get these but I'm not aiming to get 'em in the near future:

* The Regulators - Lettered edition
    * Stories of Suspense
    * One copy of The Maine campus with a S. King piece on it.
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast