Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: 2017 Collecting Goals

Maerlyn's Imp HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks Best of luck! The Cujo S/L is vastly underrated in my estimation

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ari_Racing View Post
    Last year I didn't focus as much as I wanted in my goals as in 2015 but it has been a really great year for my collection. So I'll list the items I didn't get last year plus some new goals:

* The long walk UK 1st
    * The running man UK 1st
    * The Plant #1 or 3 unsigned
    * The Girl Who Loved Tom Gordon Proof with Letter by King.
    * The Gunslinger 1st Grant
    * Gwendy's Button Box S/L
    * Sleeping Beauties US proof

* Sleeping Beauties UK proof

* At least 1 of the 22 1st fiction appearances' magazines/newspapers I'm missing.
    * At least 3 of the 15 1st fiction appearances' books I'm missing.
    * At least 2 of the 28 promo items I'm after.
    * At least 3 more 1st edition books signed by King.
    * At least 2 S/L books I'm missing.
    * At least 15 of the 138 magazines I'm missing that include an original non-fiction piece.
    * At least 10 of the 38 books I'm missing that include an original non-fiction piece.
    * At least 2 of the 173 newspapers I'm missing that include an original non-fiction piece.
    * At least 1 of the two Spanish editions I'm missing.

Since I completed my last Grails list, I have a new one. I'm pretty positive it'll take a lot of time to get these but I'm not aiming to get 'em in the near future:

* The Regulators - Lettered edition
    * Stories of Suspense
    * One copy of The Maine campus with a S. King piece on it.
    So far, so good!
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Maerlyn's Imp HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by HONKYTONKSMASH View Post
    1.) Firestarter S/L
    2.) IT S/L
    3.) EOTD S/L
    4.) Christine S/L
    5.) Cujo S/L
    6.) Talisman S/L
    7.) Regulators S/L
    8.) UK 1sts still needed (Carrie, Salems, NS)
    1.) Firestarter S/L
    2.) IT S/L
    3.) EOTD S/L
    4.) Christine S/L
    5.) Cujo S/L
    6.) Talisman S/L
    7.) Regulators S/L
    8.) UK 1sts still needed (Carrie, Salems, NS)

Did you guess it was me? becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69's Avatar

The First Level of Hell - It's got a great view!
    Country
    Country Flag

1. Lettered Regulators
    2. Gunslinger S/L PC
    3. Firestarter S/L
    4. Regulators S/L
    5. Any new signed titles (trade or S/L)
    6. more original artwork/remarques

#6 will be coming for Christmas this year in the form of a Michael Whelan original DT drawing!

I think I'm going to add #7 - any US or UK 1st Richard Bachman PBs
    Wanted: Human skin edition of The Book of the Dead. Will accept PC copy.

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

You guys are killin' it! Congrats!
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Congrats guys!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Guardian of the Beam peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Wow. So much crossing out! Nice stuff

Maerlyn's Imp tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4's Avatar

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by tippy4 View Post
    S/L of Gwendy's Button Box
    Unsigned 1st edition of Gwendy's Button Box
    Signed 1st edition of Gwendy's Button Box
    S/L of Sleeping Beauties (if made)
    G/E of Sleeping Beauties (if made)
    Unsigned 1st edition of Sleeping Beauties
    Signed 1st edition of Sleeping Beauties
    CD GE of The Shining
    Signed 1st edition paperback of The Colorado Kid
    Signed 1st edition paperback of The Storm of the Century
    Signed 1st edition of Thinner
    Signed 1st edition of Creepshow
    Find the missing volume in my DT SL set (carried over from 2016)

Update

S/L of Gwendy's Button Box ON ORDER
    Unsigned 1st edition of Gwendy's Button Box
    Signed 1st edition of Gwendy's Button Box
    S/L of Sleeping Beauties (if made) ON ORDER
    G/E of Sleeping Beauties (if made) ON ORDER
    Unsigned 1st edition of Sleeping Beauties
    Signed 1st edition of Sleeping Beauties
    CD GE of The Shining
    Signed 1st edition paperback of The Colorado Kid
    Signed 1st edition paperback of The Storm of the Century
    Signed 1st edition of Thinner
    Signed 1st edition of Creepshow
    Find the missing volume in my DT SL set (carried over from 2016)
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Dark Tower 7 Artist Edition n/a
    The Waste Lands 1st Edition in Shrinkwrap $200
    1984 Grant Gift Edition of The Talisman $400
    Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED
    Signed 1st Edition of Storm of The Century (Paperback)

Guardian of the Beam peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by peripheral View Post
    The Dark Tower Signed / Limited Matching Number set
    The Dark Tower Signed / Limited Matching Number set

(Plus some other shameful bits and pieces)...

Did you guess it was me? becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69's Avatar

The First Level of Hell - It's got a great view!
    Country
    Country Flag

Nice gets everyone!
    Wanted: Human skin edition of The Book of the Dead. Will accept PC copy.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I have two goals for this year.

NLR (which I cannot afford)
    Folio Signing Shining (which I'm told I cannot afford)
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Honky Mahfah MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Cool

I have a few goals. I already got one of them a S\L Skeleton Crew.
    Christine S\L
    Regulators S\L
    The Talisman S\L
    WTTHK S\L
    Those are probably the ones I want the most right now.
    We shall see if I get any more this year.

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post

Just sell your house again. Easy peasy.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by zelig View Post

Hahahaha i downgraded already. Much more and I'll be sluming it!

HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm not THAT far away.

* The long walk UK 1st
    * The running man UK 1st
    * Gwendy's Button Box S/L Ordered

* At least 1 of the 22 1st fiction appearances' magazines/newspapers I'm missing.
    * At least 3 more 1st edition books signed by King. - I'm still missing one.
    * At least 2 S/L books I'm missing. One received. Two more ordered.
    * At least 15 of the 138 magazines I'm missing that include an original non-fiction piece.
    * At least 10 of the 38 books I'm missing that include an original non-fiction piece. - I got two so far.
    * At least 2 of the 173 newspapers I'm missing that include an original non-fiction piece. I got two but now a new piece is out there.

Since I completed my last Grails list, I have a new one. I'm pretty positive it'll take a lot of time to get these but I'm not aiming to get 'em in the near future:

* Stories of Suspense
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Default 2017 Collecting Goals

Quote Originally Posted by zelig View Post

Hahahaha i downgraded already. Much more and I'll be sluming it!
    Not necessarily. This place looks nice. But back on topic.

Spoiler:

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I doubt most collections here would fit into that!

Topic: Good to see that you guys have goals. My collecting is all over the place.
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Country
    Country Flag

I never thought it possible when I started... but I am 2 S/L’s away from having everyone and I mean everyone. Only some lettereds and will never be able to get all those but my goal is get those last two before the end of the year. It’s a real possibility and selling my house defiantly helped me. I’ll make it known when the beam breaks
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Country
    Country Flag

I never thought it possible when I started... but I am 2 S/L’s away from having everyone and I mean everyone. Only some lettereds and will never be able to get all those but my goal is get those last two before the end of the year. It’s a real possibility and selling my house defiantly helped me. I’ll make it known when the beam breaks
    Congrats, man... Amazing stuff. Must be a good feeling. But what the hell are you going to do when it's all done and dusted?!

Country
    Country Flag

Congrats, man... Amazing stuff. Must be a good feeling. But what the hell are you going to do when it's all done and dusted?!
    Finally do my second dream. FULL as new set of US 1st. And I mean as new. Will be tough for some. I have about 30% now but it went on hold for some time to do this.

HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

That's a lofty goal. Now sell your car and your business, and get going.

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Finally do my second dream. FULL as new set of US 1st. And I mean as new. Will be tough for some. I have about 30% now but it went on hold for some time to do this.

I'd say I was about 4 maybe 5 books off that goal.
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

Gunslinger Apprentice picontin will become famous soon enough picontin will become famous soon enough picontin's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by picontin View Post
    The Talisman Gift
    The Talisman/Black House set
    From a Buick 8 S/L
    The Shining S/L
    Insomnia S/L
    Revival UK
    Revival US flatsigned
    The Talisman Gift
    The Talisman/Black House set
    From a Buick 8 S/L
    The Shining S/L
    Insomnia S/L
    Revival UK
    Revival US flatsigned
    P2

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

I don't plan to make a major purchase this month so I can already confirm my numbers:

* The long walk UK 1st
    * The running man UK 1st

* Gwendy's Button Box S/L Ordered

* At least 3 more 1st edition books signed by King.
    * At least 2 S/L books I'm missing. One received. Two more ordered.
    * At least 15 of the 138 magazines I'm missing that include an original non-fiction piece. - I got 7
    * At least 10 of the 38 books I'm missing that include an original non-fiction piece. - I got two so far. - I got 3
    * At least 2 of the 173 newspapers I'm missing that include an original non-fiction piece. I got two but now a new piece is out there. - I got 1.

* Stories of Suspense
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Citizen of Gilead sentinel is a splendid one to behold sentinel is a splendid one to behold sentinel is a splendid one to behold sentinel is a splendid one to behold sentinel is a splendid one to behold sentinel is a splendid one to behold sentinel is a splendid one to behold

Country
    Country Flag

* One copy of The Maine campus with a S. King piece on it.[/QUOTE]

Maybe there is a box left over of these out there somewhere for all of us! I've been looking for years!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast