Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free

View Poll Results: Please choose one

Voters
20. You may not vote on this poll
  • Vaughn Monroe - Riders in the Sky (A Cowboy Legend)

10 50.00%
  • Seal - Kiss From a Rose

10 50.00%
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Great Music - Tournament Finals: Round 2 (Matchup 6 of 13)

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Default Great Music - Tournament Finals: Round 2 (Matchup 6 of 13)

For this finals poll, please choose one track to move on to the next round.

IMPORTANT! Please do not simply vote on name recognition (or lack thereof) alone. Please do listen to each nomination and then make your choice. Even if you think you know a track well, it's still worth giving it a listen for a refresher.

The poll will run for seven days. Discussion is greatly encouraged!

The nominees are (please let me know if any video doesn't play for you):

Vaughn Monroe - Riders in the Sky (A Cowboy Legend) (1949)

Seal - Kiss From a Rose (1995)

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

HOW WE GOT HERE

Vaughn Monroe - Riders in the Sky (A Cowboy Legend) (1949)

Nominated by T-Dogz_AK47 on December 9, 2015.
    Seconded by divemaster on December 9, 2015.

In Round 1 it placed 2nd in Group 1 (March 14-21, 2016):
    • Frank Sinatra - Five Minutes More (1946) 61.54%
    • Vaughn Monroe - Riders in the Sky (A Cowboy Legend) (1949) 53.85%
    • Freddy Martin and His Orchestra - Bumble Boogie (1946) 46.15%
    • Dizzy Gillespie - Manteca (1947) 30.77%
    • Arthur Smith - Guitar Boogie (1945) 23.08%
    • Desi Arnaz - Babalú (1947) 23.08%
    • Charlie Parker - Anthropology (1946) 7.69%

In Round 2 it placed 1st in Group 6 (May 2-9, 2016):
    • Vaughn Monroe - Riders in the Sky (A Cowboy Legend) (1949) 66.67%
    • Vaughn Monroe - Let It Snow! Let It Snow! Let It Snow! (1945) 60.00%
    • Earl Scruggs and Lester Flatt - Foggy Mountain Breakdown (1949) 53.33%
    • John Lee Hooker - Boogie Chillen (1948) 33.33%
    • Thelonious Monk - 'Round Midnight (1947) 26.67%

Entering the playoffs it was ranked 10th.

In Playoffs Round 1 it beat out Carmen Miranda and The Andrews Sisters - Cuanto la Gusta (1948) with 100% of the vote (August 2-9, 2016).

In Playoffs Round 2 it beat out Perry Como - Some Enchanted Evening (1949) with 71.43% of the vote (September 20-27, 2016),

In the Quarterfinals it beat out Bing Crosby and The Andrews Sisters - Ac-Cent-Tchu-Ate the Positive (1945) with 83.33% of the vote (November 7-14, 2016).

In the Semifinals it beat out Lester Flatt and Earl Scruggs - Foggy Mountain Breakdown (1949) with 70.59% of the vote (December 5-12, 2016).

In the Finals it beat out Vaughn Monroe - Let It Snow! Let It Snow! Let It Snow! (1945) with 52.63% of the vote (December 19-31, 2016).

Throughout the tournament it earned an average vote percentage of 71.21%, good for 6th out of 14.

Country
    Country Flag

HOW WE GOT HERE

Seal - Kiss From a Rose (1995)

Nominated by T-Dogz_AK47 on February 3, 206.
    Seconded by pablo on February 4, 2016.

In Round 1 it tied for first in Group 9 (April 8-15, 2016):
    • Coolio feat. LV - Gangsta's Paradise (1995) 60.00%
    • Seal - Kiss From a Rose (1995) 60.00%
    • Shania Twain - That Don't Impress Me Much (1997) 55.00%
    • Goo Goo Dolls - Iris (1998) 50.00%
    • Manic Street Preachers - If You Tolerate This Your Children Will Be Next (1998) 25.00%
    • Guster - Airport Song (1997) 20.00%
    • Amon Tobin - Stoney Street (1997) 10.00%

In Round 2 it placed 1st in Group 7 (May 26 - June 2, 2016):
    • Seal - Kiss From a Rose (1995) 66.67%
    • Beastie Boys - Intergalactic (1998) 60.00%
    • Goo Goo Dolls - Iris (1998) 53.33%
    • PJ Harvey - Down by the Water (1995) 40.00%
    • Tupac - Changes (1998) 40.00%

In Round 3 it placed 1st in Group 4 (July 12-19, 2016):
    • Seal - Kiss From a Rose (1995) 68.42%
    • Alanis Morissette - You Oughta Know (1995) 63.16%
    • Chumbawamba - Tubthumping (1997) 42.11%
    • Hole - Celebrity Skin (1998) 10.53%

Entering the playoffs it was ranked 10th.

In Playoffs Round 1 it beat out The Wallflowers - One Headlight (1996) with 57.89% of the vote (August 30 - September 9, 2016).

In Playoffs Round 2 it beat out Santana feat. Rob Thomas - Smooth (1999) with 70.59% of the vote (October 18-25, 2016).

In the Quarterfinals it beat out Oasis - Wonderwall (1995) with 50.00% of the vote (November 18-25, 2016).

In the Semifinals it beat out Alanis Morissette - You Oughta Know (1995) with 64.71% of the vote (December 10-17, 2016).

In the Finals it beat out No Doubt - Don't Speak (1995) with 54.17% of the vote (December 20, 2016 - January 1, 2017).

Throughout the tournament it earned an average vote percentage of 61.56%, good for 14th out of 14.

In the Tournament Finals Round 1 it beat out Red Hot Chili Peppers - Dani California (2006) with 65.00% of the vote (January 2-9, 2017).

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Kiss From A Rose
    It seems I'm miles above the surface of the Earth

I can see across the whole of London and beyond

Country
    Country Flag

Surprisingly tied at six.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Rose.

Not to go on all fours; that is the Law. Are we not Men?. T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I nominated both songs, but my vote goes to Seal - Kiss From a Rose (1995).

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

definitely Riders

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Millionth Post Club divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Voted Vaughn Monroe - Riders in the Sky (A Cowboy Legend) (1949)

Caution: eye irritant Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

Seal...I keep listening to Riders and wondering what folks see in it.
    All that's left of what we were is what we have become.

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post
    Seal...I keep listening to Riders and wondering what folks see in it.
    +1

Demon of the Prim RainInSpain is a glorious beacon of light RainInSpain is a glorious beacon of light RainInSpain is a glorious beacon of light RainInSpain is a glorious beacon of light RainInSpain is a glorious beacon of light RainInSpain is a glorious beacon of light RainInSpain's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Seal
    If you are going through hell - keep going

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

tied!

Country
    Country Flag

Unbelievable! Who is the brave soul that will break the tie?

Country
    Country Flag

"Rose" is ahead by stated votes by a bunch, for the record.

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Not sure it matters but I voted for Riders in the Sky. Hopefully someone else will get their vote in and break the tie before it closes later today.
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Country
    Country Flag

It's at 20 votes, and we've had 21+ in other threads (up to 25 or so). Someone should be able to break the tie for sure

Country
    Country Flag

The poll has closed in a tie, but stated votes favored "Kiss From a Rose". It will face Eagles - Hotel California (1976) in the Quarterfinals.

Honky Mahfah Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

And now.............
    Spoiler:

Vaughn Monroe - Riders in the Sky

Country
    Country Flag

Sorry, Stockerlone. A tad too late

Country
    Country Flag

ooohhhhh grrrrr... Stockerlone, where have you been?

anyway, KfaR is getting pulverized in the next thread; the same would probably be happening with Riders

+ Reply to Thread