Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: General Discussion of the NFL

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Not taking anything away from Brady and the Pats because that comeback was fucking insane, but...

BUT

It bugs the shit out of me that both the Seahawks and the Falcons made some ludicrously stupid decisions and play calling to essentially give those games away. Shanahan's ineptitude really surprised me yesterday considering how masterful he had been at play calling all season.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by fernandito View Post
    Not taking anything away from Brady and the Pats because that comeback was fucking insane, but...

BUT

It bugs the shit out of me that both the Seahawks and the Falcons made some ludicrously stupid decisions and play calling to essentially give those games away. Shanahan's ineptitude really surprised me yesterday considering how masterful he had been at play calling all season.

I agree!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

Apparently some subscribers to the Boston Globe received a copy of the newspaper that had the Patriots losing on the front page!

Rabid Billybumbler DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post

BUT

I agree!!!
    I also agree, but let's not negate the many phenomenal plays the Patriots had to make as well. Edelman's catch (reminiscent of Tyreses') was just one in a slew of plays that the Patriots had to make to steal this one. And good old Pete forgoing the run two years ago in favor of a pass was just plain stupid, but it was Bulter's well-coached jumping the route, and making perhaps the best interception of all time, that sealed the deal. No one can truly give a game away, without another team being ready and willing to make plays on their own.

And sarcasm aside, I really would like another shot at the Giants, if only for the chance to get that monkey off our back.

Rabid Billybumbler DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Bev Vincent View Post
    Apparently some subscribers to the Boston Globe received a copy of the newspaper that had the Patriots losing on the front page!

Yeah, apparently some subscribers in Florida get what's called an early edition. Nothing like a little egg on the face of the local paper. A fun memento.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorZaius View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post

BUT

I agree!!!
    I also agree, but let's not negate the many phenomenal plays the Patriots had to make as well. Edelman's catch (reminiscent of Tyreses') was just one in a slew of plays that the Patriots had to make to steal this one. And good old Pete forgoing the run two years ago in favor of a pass was just plain stupid, but it was Bulter's well-coached jumping the route, and making perhaps the best interception of all time, that sealed the deal. No one can truly give a game away, without another team being ready and willing to make plays on their own.

And sarcasm aside, I really would like another shot at the Giants, if only for the chance to get that monkey off our back.
    No argument here. Give the fucking Devil his due. NE outplayed them and maybe more importantly out-coached them. However, you don't want the Giants again. Trust me!!! lol lol

On a side note, I couldn't believe they went for a pass, when a couple of runs would have guaranteed them an 11 point spread and then were sacked out of FG range!!! Classic, Seahawk mistake!!! Regardless, the fuckers require me to take my hat off to them. They answered the call when it came!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

...both the Seahawks and the Falcons made some ludicrously stupid decisions and play calling to essentially give those games away.
    I understand this point (and it's been made by many), but I do think the "stupidity" of the olaycalling has been greatly overstated, given that, in both cases, we're talking about VERY competent offenses - there was no reason to think Wilson would throw an interception, nor was there any reason to think Ryan would get run over badly - they were doing what they did well, the Pats made the plays. I don't say this to pat the Pats on the back; I just think there was no reason to expect self-doubt to suddenly creep into either team's mindset at those points of those games.
    It seems I'm miles above the surface of the Earth

I can see across the whole of London and beyond

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Mattrick View Post
    I thought Brady's last win cemented him as the GOAT, or at least was co-GOAT with Montana, and if there is still a debate after this...I might have to burn my house down.
    Better grab a match because he's not the GOAT. You're right though, there shouldn't be a debate. Montana is the greatest. He won 4 Super Bowls and lost 0. He also never threw an interception in the SB. As for regular season. That goes to Peyton Manning. It took a monumental choke job by the Falcons and the worst playcall of all-time by Pete Carroll for Brady to win two of those rings.

I'd love to play the Giants again, of course the Giants would have to get there again first.
    And you'd lose. Enjoy your victory. Don't worry about us. Maybe the Giants could play in the worst division in football for the next 15 years and they'd get to the SB more often.

BUT

You don't have a comeback like that without having a colossal collapse by the opposing team and that's exactly what happened. Let's put some of this on Mr. MVP too who took not 1 but 2 sacks that pushed the Falcons out of field goal range in that game.
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Still Servant View Post
    I thought Brady's last win cemented him as the GOAT, or at least was co-GOAT with Montana, and if there is still a debate after this...I might have to burn my house down.
    Better grab a match because he's not the GOAT. You're right though, there shouldn't be a debate. Montana is the greatest. He won 4 Super Bowls and lost 0. He also never threw an interception in the SB. As for regular season. That goes to Peyton Manning. It took a monumental choke job by the Falcons and the worst playcall of all-time by Pete Carroll for Brady to win two of those rings.

I'd love to play the Giants again, of course the Giants would have to get there again first.
    And you'd lose. Enjoy your victory. Don't worry about us. Maybe the Giants could play in the worst division in football for the next 15 years and they'd get to the SB more often.

BUT

You don't have a comeback like that without having a colossal collapse by the opposing team and that's exactly what happened. Let's put some of this on Mr. MVP too who took not 1 but 2 sacks that pushed the Falcons out of field goal range in that game.
    Funny how you totally ignore the choke by the Bengals in 88. Did Montana earn that one? The 4-0 argument is another loser's argument. Perhaps if Montana could have gotten to as many Super Bowls as Brady then we might have a better barometer. Eli too (pun intended). Come to think of it, the best regular season QB is another loser argument. No one remembers the ones who don't win. Just ask Dan Marino, one of the best regular season QBs.

As for your AFC argument, well that's a myopic one as well. When the playoffs come around, the competition has been consistently better in the AFC. Since 2001 the AFC holds an 11-6 record in Super Bowls. Hmmm, I wonder who has had the tougher road to the Super Bowl? The Patriots, hands down.

Believe me, I don't worry about teams that don't make the playoffs!

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

The Giants made the playoffs last year.

I'm not trying to start an argument. I respect what Brady and the Pats have done over the years. It was a great comeback and every Pats fan should be proud. There's just no reason to bring up the Giants.

Also, I'm not the only one that feels there's still a debate about who the greatest QB is. You may not like my criteria, but your criteria seems to be that he's won 5 times, so he's automatically the best. I don't agree with that assessment.

The other fact is that if it wasn't for the win against the Seahawks, the Pats would have gone more than a decade without a SB win.

Even the most die-hard Pats fan will admit that they got really fortunate. Go back and look at Brady on the sideline before that play. He knew they were done. I'm still convinced the Pats were going to let the Seahawks score there, which is what the Patriots did in the Super Bowl a few years prior when they let Bradshaw score.

Again, what they've done is amazing and you can't take it away, but you have to admit they've been in a fairly week division over the years. That's the way it is and I get.

I also don't think the Bengals collapse was quite as bad as the Falcons collapse.

Lastly, years from now when we are all old and gray and we look back at the Brady Belichick era, there will be a big 2 in the L column that came courtesy of one team. The New York Football Giants. There's nothing you or any other Patriots fan can say or do to take that away.

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

The Giants made the playoffs last year.

I'm not trying to start an argument. I respect what Brady and the Pats have done over the years. It was a great comeback and every Pats fan should be proud. There's just no reason to bring up the Giants.

Also, I'm not the only one that feels there's still a debate about who the greatest QB is. You may not like my criteria, but your criteria seems to be that he's won 5 times, so he's automatically the best. I don't agree with that assessment.

The other fact is that if it wasn't for the win against the Seahawks, the Pats would have gone more than a decade without a SB win.

Even the most die-hard Pats fan will admit that they got really fortunate. Go back and look at Brady on the sideline before that play. He knew they were done. I'm still convinced the Pats were going to let the Seahawks score there, which is what the Patriots did in the Super Bowl a few years prior when they let Bradshaw score.

Again, what they've done is amazing and you can't take it away, but you have to admit they've been in a fairly week division over the years. That's the way it is and I get.

I also don't think the Bengals collapse was quite as bad as the Falcons collapse.

Lastly, years from now when we are all old and gray and we look back at the Brady Belichick era, there will be a big 2 in the L column that came courtesy of one team. The New York Football Giants. There's nothing you or any other Patriots fan can say or do to take that away.
    No argument to be had. Just sports talk. It's all in good fun. We all should be passionate about our teams.

I just don't see the argument against best of all time. My criteria is well beyond the number of wins. The records, the longevity of success, the Super Bowl appearances, the AFC championship appearances (weak division stronger conference as evidenced by AFC Super Bowl dominance), etc. The evidence is overwhelming in my admittedly biased opinion. The non salary cap era Montana played in allowed for a juggernaut to remain in tact, while the Patriots have had to rebuild over and over. Half the team is new when compared to only two years ago.

Ask for the Giants, I bring them in because I would like to get another shot at them, just like in the 80s, when as an avid Celtics fan I always wanted the Sixers, Pistons, and Lakers. Rivalries make sports more interesting.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Yeah. I detest the Patriots as a sports fan, but man.. it gets harder and harder to debate against Brady being the goat, fortunate wins and all. I mean this guy has put up fucking monster points and wins against some of the best teams and QBs in modern football. I think Brady has been lucky enough to be in a system that caters to his strengths spearheaded by what is arguably the greatest coach in the history of the NFL, Belichick.

If my boy Rodgers had a system and supporting cast as good as the Patriots have been able to build around Brady, he'd have at least 3 rings by now.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Yeah. I detest the Patriots as a sports fan, but man.. it gets harder and harder to debate against Brady being the goat, fortunate wins and all. I mean this guy has put up fucking monster points and wins against some of the best teams and QBs in modern football. I think Brady has been lucky enough to be in a system that caters to his strengths spearheaded by what is arguably the greatest coach in the history of the NFL, Belichick.

If my boy Rodgers had a system and supporting cast as good as the Patriots have been able to build around Brady, he'd have at least 3 rings by now.
    Monster points? Most of the Super Bowls he's played in have been low scoring. The undefeated Pats team came into the SB as one of the greatest offensive teams of all-time. They scored 14 points against the Giants.

It's Montana that had the lopsided wins after his first Super Bowl.

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Mike, there is no debate. Brady was the goat three years ago, and two years ago, and last year, and this year, and every year going forward. Accept it. He is THE BEST. Sure Montana lost zero Superbowls and through zero interceptions in them, but there is a chance Brady will make it to twice as many superbowls...he's made it to seven, and won 5. He won his first 10 playoff games, winning three Super Bowls in the process. 14 division titles. 11 conference championship games. 7 super bowl appearances. 5 super bowl wins. 1 perfect regular season. And if you want to talk about a lack of interceptions being a mark of greatness....look at these records Brady holds:

Most consecutive passes attempted, none intercepted: 358, Tom Brady 2010–2011
    Most consecutive passes attempted, none intercepted, away: 293, Tom Brady, Dec. 27, 2015–Present
    Most games with 200+ yards passing and no interceptions, career
    : 102, Tom Brady, 2001–2016.
    Most games with 250+ yards passing and no interceptions, career
    : 75, Tom Brady, 2001–2016
    Most games with 350+ yards passing and no interceptions, career: 21, Tom Brady, 2001–2016
    Most games with 200+ yards passing and no interceptions, season
    : 11, Tom Brady 2012; Aaron Rodgers 2014
    Most games with 250+ yards passing and no interceptions, season
    : 10, Tom Brady 2007[363]
    Most games with 300+ yards passing and no interceptions, season
    : 8, Tom Brady 2007; Peyton Manning, 2013[364]
    Most games with 350+ yards passing and no interceptions, season
    : 6, Tom Brady 2007[365]
    Most consecutive games with 1+ touchdown passes and no interceptions
    : 11, Tom Brady, 2010[368]
    Most consecutive games with 2+ touchdown passes and no interceptions
    : 9, Tom Brady, 2010[369]
    Most consecutive games with 5+ touchdown passes and no interceptions
    ; 2, Tom Brady, 2007; Ben Roethlisberger, 2014[372]
    Most games with 1+ touchdown passes and no interceptions, career
    : 116, Tom Brady, 2001–2016.[374]
    Most games with 2+ touchdown passes and no interceptions, career
    : 90, Tom Brady, 2001–2016.[375]
    Most games with 3+ touchdown passes and no interceptions, career
    : 51, Tom Brady, 2001-2016; Peyton Manning, 1998–2015.[376]
    Most games with 4+ touchdown passes and no interceptions, career
    : 21, Tom Brady, 2001–2016.[377]
    Most games with 1+ touchdown passes and no interceptions, season
    : 14, Tom Brady 2010[381]
    Most games with 2+ touchdown passes and no interceptions, season
    : 11, Tom Brady 2010, Aaron Rodgers 2014[382]
    Most games with 3+ touchdown passes and no interceptions, season
    : 8, Tom Brady 2007, Aaron Rodgers 2014[383]
    Most games with 5+ touchdown passes and no interceptions, season
    : 3, Tom Brady 2007[385]
    Most games with 20+ completions and no interceptions, career
    : 85, Tom Brady, 2001–2016.[388]
    Most games with 20+ completions and no interceptions, season
    : 10, Tom Brady, 2007, 2010[390]
    Most games with 30+ completions and no interceptions, season
    : 5, Tom Brady 2007, Drew Brees 2011, 2015[391]
    Most games with 30+ pass attempts and no interceptions, career
    : 87, Tom Brady, 2001–2016.[392]
    Most games with 40+ pass attempts and no interceptions, career
    : 27, Drew Brees, 2002–2016; Tom Brady, 2001–2016.[393]
    Most games with 50+ pass attempts and no interceptions, career
    : 8, Tom Brady, 2001–2016.[394]
    Most games with 30+ pass attempts and no interceptions, season
    : 10, Tom Brady 2012[395]
    Best touchdown pass–interception differential, career: +304 (456 TDs, 152 INTs), Tom Brady, 2001–2016.
    Best touchdown pass–interception ratio, season: 14:1 (28 TDs, 2 INTs), Tom Brady, 2016 (minimum 12 TD passes)
    Best passing yards–interception ratio, season: 1,777:1 (3,554 yards, 2 INTs), Tom Brady, 2016 (minimum 2,000 passing yards).
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

Rabid Billybumbler Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of

Country
    Country Flag

Would you say Brady is the best QB ever or best football player ever? I'd give him the QB title but the positions are to varied to say any one player is the best football player of all time.

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Monster points? Most of the Super Bowls he's played in have been low scoring. The undefeated Pats team came into the SB as one of the greatest offensive teams of all-time. They scored 14 points against the Giants.

It's Montana that had the lopsided wins after his first Super Bowl.
    Monster points across his career, not just Super Bowl wins. And Montana played with up to 4 Hall of Famers during his lifetime. Brady only had Moss for a brief time.

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Joe315 View Post
    Would you say Brady is the best QB ever or best football player ever? I'd give him the QB title but the positions are to varied to say any one player is the best football player of all time.
    That's tricky. It all depends how we're qualifying this. Do you mean stats wise? Physically gifted?

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

And Moss ain't no Jerry Rice.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Mike, there is no debate. Brady was the goat three years ago, and two years ago, and last year, and this year, and every year going forward. Accept it. He is THE BEST. Sure Montana lost zero Superbowls and through zero interceptions in them, but there is a chance Brady will make it to twice as many superbowls...he's made it to seven, and won 5. He won his first 10 playoff games, winning three Super Bowls in the process. 14 division titles. 11 conference championship games. 7 super bowl appearances. 5 super bowl wins. 1 perfect regular season. And if you want to talk about a lack of interceptions being a mark of greatness....look at these records Brady holds:

Most consecutive passes attempted, none intercepted: 358, Tom Brady 2010–2011
    Most consecutive passes attempted, none intercepted, away: 293, Tom Brady, Dec. 27, 2015–Present
    Most games with 200+ yards passing and no interceptions, career
    : 102, Tom Brady, 2001–2016.
    Most games with 250+ yards passing and no interceptions, career
    : 75, Tom Brady, 2001–2016
    Most games with 350+ yards passing and no interceptions, career: 21, Tom Brady, 2001–2016
    Most games with 200+ yards passing and no interceptions, season
    : 11, Tom Brady 2012; Aaron Rodgers 2014
    Most games with 250+ yards passing and no interceptions, season
    : 10, Tom Brady 2007[363]
    Most games with 300+ yards passing and no interceptions, season
    : 8, Tom Brady 2007; Peyton Manning, 2013[364]
    Most games with 350+ yards passing and no interceptions, season
    : 6, Tom Brady 2007[365]
    Most consecutive games with 1+ touchdown passes and no interceptions
    : 11, Tom Brady, 2010[368]
    Most consecutive games with 2+ touchdown passes and no interceptions
    : 9, Tom Brady, 2010[369]
    Most consecutive games with 5+ touchdown passes and no interceptions
    ; 2, Tom Brady, 2007; Ben Roethlisberger, 2014[372]
    Most games with 1+ touchdown passes and no interceptions, career
    : 116, Tom Brady, 2001–2016.[374]
    Most games with 2+ touchdown passes and no interceptions, career
    : 90, Tom Brady, 2001–2016.[375]
    Most games with 3+ touchdown passes and no interceptions, career
    : 51, Tom Brady, 2001-2016; Peyton Manning, 1998–2015.[376]
    Most games with 4+ touchdown passes and no interceptions, career
    : 21, Tom Brady, 2001–2016.[377]
    Most games with 1+ touchdown passes and no interceptions, season
    : 14, Tom Brady 2010[381]
    Most games with 2+ touchdown passes and no interceptions, season
    : 11, Tom Brady 2010, Aaron Rodgers 2014[382]
    Most games with 3+ touchdown passes and no interceptions, season
    : 8, Tom Brady 2007, Aaron Rodgers 2014[383]
    Most games with 5+ touchdown passes and no interceptions, season
    : 3, Tom Brady 2007[385]
    Most games with 20+ completions and no interceptions, career
    : 85, Tom Brady, 2001–2016.[388]
    Most games with 20+ completions and no interceptions, season
    : 10, Tom Brady, 2007, 2010[390]
    Most games with 30+ completions and no interceptions, season
    : 5, Tom Brady 2007, Drew Brees 2011, 2015[391]
    Most games with 30+ pass attempts and no interceptions, career
    : 87, Tom Brady, 2001–2016.[392]
    Most games with 40+ pass attempts and no interceptions, career
    : 27, Drew Brees, 2002–2016; Tom Brady, 2001–2016.[393]
    Most games with 50+ pass attempts and no interceptions, career
    : 8, Tom Brady, 2001–2016.[394]
    Most games with 30+ pass attempts and no interceptions, season
    : 10, Tom Brady 2012[395]
    Best touchdown pass–interception differential, career: +304 (456 TDs, 152 INTs), Tom Brady, 2001–2016.
    Best touchdown pass–interception ratio, season: 14:1 (28 TDs, 2 INTs), Tom Brady, 2016 (minimum 12 TD passes)
    Best passing yards–interception ratio, season: 1,777:1 (3,554 yards, 2 INTs), Tom Brady, 2016 (minimum 2,000 passing yards).

It's hard to compare generations and say that one man is the GOAT. Brady belongs (Arrggghhh) in the conversation along with the likes of, Montana, Bradshaw etc. Don't forget, and I'm not taking anything from Brady, but he had, Belichick who I think you'd have to agree tops the GOAT list for coaches (fucker!!! lol).
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Rabid Billybumbler Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Joe315 View Post
    That's tricky. It all depends how we're qualifying this. Do you mean stats wise? Physically gifted?
    There is always talk with every sport on who is the best ever. I would say Brady is the best ever QB to play the game. But there are some calling him the greatest footballer ever. I guess my point is that it is hard to qualify the best player because of the variations in the positions. And even the era in which someone played. Brown vs Peyton vs Sanders; Rice vs Moss; Butkus vs LT; etc.

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Bill, I think Brady and Belichick just compliment each other very nice. Brady has always been more of a thinking quarterback. It is hard to compare different eras, not just in terms of rules, but also in terms of competition. That is the one difference between LeBron and MJ...there was far more competition in the NBA during MJ's time than in LeBrons.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Bill, I think Brady and Belichick just compliment each other very nice. Brady has always been more of a thinking quarterback. It is hard to compare different eras, not just in terms of rules, but also in terms of competition. That is the one difference between LeBron and MJ...there was far more competition in the NBA during MJ's time than in LeBrons.
    Yeah, I agree regarding generations. Concerning, Brady/Belicheck I submit that Belicheck could have had similar success w/o, Brady but not so much the other way around. However, He is certainly one of the greats and will fuel endless bar room discussion for sure!!!! lol It's always tough to compare era's as the game(s) are constantly changing with the times. Could, Bradshaw have as much success as, Brady and vice versus if they swapped generations? Who knows?
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Matt, there is most certainly still a debate. Stop saying there isn't. You like posting stats, so look up Peyton Vs. Brady head-to-head playoff record and come back to me.

The argument that Brady never played with anybody doesn't fly with me either. Welker was a great receiver and so is Edelman. He's also played with the greatest TE of all-time.

Again, I know you can't take it away, but it took a terrible call and an interception by Butler to win Brady a Super Bowl. At the end of the day, that goes to him, but without Butler and the worst play call of all-time, Brady has 3 Super Bowl losses. Then there is the terrible play calling that opened the door for the greatest comeback of all-time.

Brady looked dreadful for most of SB 51. Not to mention he throws a pick 6. Getting to a bunch of Super Bowls does not mean he's the best.

Also, Brady should hold a lot of records. He's played forever and in an era where QBs throw the ball more. On top of that, throwing to the running back is a huge part of his game. He threw 20 passes to the running backs in the Super Bowl and one to the TE that was a screen from the line of scrimmage. Those are very high percentage throws and over a 100 receiving yards to the RBs.

Again, he's one of the greatest of all-time, but the fact that you're saying that there's no debate is, quite frankly, insulting. If you're trolling, just stop. I'm not one of those dolts you like to prey on.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Matt, there is most certainly still a debate. Stop saying there isn't. You like posting stats, so look up Peyton Vs. Brady head-to-head playoff record and come back to me.

The argument that Brady never played with anybody doesn't fly with me either. Welker was a great receiver and so is Edelman. He's also played with the greatest TE of all-time.

Again, I know you can't take it away, but it took a terrible call and an interception by Butler to win Brady a Super Bowl. At the end of the day, that goes to him, but without Butler and the worst play call of all-time, Brady has 3 Super Bowl losses. Then there is the terrible play calling that opened the door for the greatest comeback of all-time.

Brady looked dreadful for most of SB 51. Not to mention he throws a pick 6. Getting to a bunch of Super Bowls does not mean he's the best.

Also, Brady should hold a lot of records. He's played forever and in an era where QBs throw the ball more. On top of that, throwing to the running back is a huge part of his game. He threw 20 passes to the running backs in the Super Bowl and one to the TE that was a screen from the line of scrimmage. Those are very high percentage throws and over a 100 receiving yards to the RBs.

Again, he's one of the greatest of all-time, but the fact that you're saying that there's no debate is, quite frankly, insulting. If you're trolling, just stop. I'm not one of those dolts you like to prey on.

Oooh, gotta say that was a "Bitch Slap", Matts!!! lol Seriously, I don't think you can really name a GOAT in any team sport with the possible exception of, Babe Ruth. That man saved MLB and was just light years beyond his time. GOAT is a really tricky title IMHO. You can have members, but not a singularity I believe.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

He doesn't want to have a discussion ever. He just wants to win the discussion.

While I'm here. Regular season NFL MVP awards:

Peyton Manning: 5
    Tom Brady: 2

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast