As for the "controversial" Eagles touchdowns...what a pleasure to see that the NFL is still so schizophrenic about what a catch is.

First: because I'm logical (my rule is: if you didn't drop it, you caught it), I call them both catches.

But then: the NFL has effed-up rules and the referees' job supposedly is to follow those effed-up rules, and I'm not sure they did:

- The first guy lost control after hitting the field (which is meaningless to me, because by then the play should be dead - how come, way back when, when Brett Favre waved the ball in the general direction of the end zone while running out of bounds at the 5 used to be an automatic touchdown, but a guy who actually crosses the plane still hasn't satisfied the booth??????), and everything I've ever heard them say about plays like this is that "control must survive contact with the ground" or something like that, and clearly it didn't. However, I'm not upset by the call, because, to me, it's a catch anyway.

- The second guy had nothing approximating control, unless you take into account the noteworthy skill with which he executed an entertaining and family-friendly juggling routine in the end zone, all while laying on his back. The conversation around this one was particularly fun, because it had something to do with whether the player with the ball had "become a runner" or not. Jesus effing Christ...how did football get to the point where the rules governing interpretation of the movements of an offensive player in possession of the ball has to depend on an arbitrary characterization of that player as a "runner"? He has the ball. How many steps he takes before he enters the end zone and/or loses the ball matters? NO. If you break the plane, all conversation should cease - TOUCHDOWN.

To sum up, I will say that if the team with the ball in those cases had been the Patriots, I would've been stunned to receive either touchdown, let alone both, not because they shouldn't have been touchdowns (I call a catch a catch) but because the rules are so messed up.