Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8

Thread: General Discussion of the NFL

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

As for the "controversial" Eagles touchdowns...what a pleasure to see that the NFL is still so schizophrenic about what a catch is.

First: because I'm logical (my rule is: if you didn't drop it, you caught it), I call them both catches.

But then: the NFL has effed-up rules and the referees' job supposedly is to follow those effed-up rules, and I'm not sure they did:

- The first guy lost control after hitting the field (which is meaningless to me, because by then the play should be dead - how come, way back when, when Brett Favre waved the ball in the general direction of the end zone while running out of bounds at the 5 used to be an automatic touchdown, but a guy who actually crosses the plane still hasn't satisfied the booth??????), and everything I've ever heard them say about plays like this is that "control must survive contact with the ground" or something like that, and clearly it didn't. However, I'm not upset by the call, because, to me, it's a catch anyway.

- The second guy had nothing approximating control, unless you take into account the noteworthy skill with which he executed an entertaining and family-friendly juggling routine in the end zone, all while laying on his back. The conversation around this one was particularly fun, because it had something to do with whether the player with the ball had "become a runner" or not. Jesus effing Christ...how did football get to the point where the rules governing interpretation of the movements of an offensive player in possession of the ball has to depend on an arbitrary characterization of that player as a "runner"? He has the ball. How many steps he takes before he enters the end zone and/or loses the ball matters? NO. If you break the plane, all conversation should cease - TOUCHDOWN.

To sum up, I will say that if the team with the ball in those cases had been the Patriots, I would've been stunned to receive either touchdown, let alone both, not because they shouldn't have been touchdowns (I call a catch a catch) but because the rules are so messed up.
    It seems I'm miles above the surface of the Earth

I can see across the whole of London and beyond

Rabid Billybumbler DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Very disappointed in my Pats because the game was there for the taking. You won't get me complaining about the reviews of the two catches in question. The NFL is just screwed up. Both could have gone either way. I hope that the NFL clears up just what a catch is. What I can't shake, however, is the greatest coach of all time benching Malcolm Bulter the whole game. The guy plays big in big games. There is a story here somewhere, one that I hope comes to light, because right now, I don't know who to blame: Belichick or Butler. Bench him for a quarter, or even a half, but a whole game? Either way, this was a game that we could have won with just a modicum of defense. That said, kudos to the Eagles. They deserve it for exposing our defense all night.

Gunslinger Apprentice Andi has a spectacular aura about Andi has a spectacular aura about Andi's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

I know it's easy for me to say this because that decision didn't leave a Superbowl hanging in the balance for my team, but I wish more coaches had the balls to sit players like Belichick. I imagine Butler did something fairly stupid to be banished to special teams only and Belichick stuck to his guns. And while I don't like the Patriots, I absolutely respect Belichick and consider him the greatest of all time... even if he does 'massage' the rules on occasion.
    Wraine of Pints N Quarters Gaming!

Check us out - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCHY...g3rAGIp615zLtA

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

The closest I've found to an explanation for the Butler mystery are these:

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/960664146575527937
    My understanding is the benching of #Patriots CB Malcolm Butler happened because of a perfect storm of issues: Sickness, a rough week of practice, and a minor rule violation believed to be related to curfew. A complicated matter.
    https://twitter.com/kirkmin/status/960666715481890817
    Source: Benching Butler not a discipline issue. Belichick made the call a few hours before game. Many coaches and players were shocked. Some players and coaches “furious” with Belichick, this is a move that divided the locker room.
    As for the illness:
    http://www.bostonherald.com/sports/p...uper_bowl_loss
    He went to the hospital in Boston two Sundays ago to get treated for flu symptoms and wasn’t well enough the next day to fly with the team to Minneapolis, so he arrived Tuesday. Butler said he finally began to feel like himself by Thursday, so his practice snaps were limited on the previous days.

My Mood
    Yeehaw

A bit more on Butler:
    http://www.foxnews.com/sports/2018/0...es-report.html
    Patriots' Super Bowl hero Malcolm Butler benched due to weed and women, former teammate says
    Butler's formers teammate on the Patriots, Brandon Browner, took to Instagram to defend him, writing "he not the first to get caught with weed...curfew also meant we are not allowed to have guest especially women."

Caution: eye irritant Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

Richard Sherman showed hall of fame talent then got hurt so we got rid of him. No... let's not trade him. Just release him outright.

"Oh gee. I hope he doesn't play in our division after we release him. D'oh!!"
    All that's left of what we were is what we have become.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Didn't Sherman say something to the effect of 'I signed with the Niners because they were the only suitors who would permit me to face off against Seahawks twice a year'?

Damnnnn, talk about bad blood lol.

Caution: eye irritant Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by fernandito View Post
    Didn't Sherman say something to the effect of 'I signed with the Niners because they were the only suitors who would permit me to face off against Seahawks twice a year'?

Damnnnn, talk about bad blood lol.

I'm a bad Seahawks fan. Does anyone have any insight on Earl Thomas flipping off the whole team when he was being carted off after breaking his leg (again)?

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

Since the onside kick off is so unsuccessful now with the new kickoff rules, the Commish has an idea to replace kickoffs.

I just wonder what you all think of it. Here's a description from the Commish himself:

NFL commissioner Roger Goodell has a favored replacement in mind, one he’s been talking about since at least 2012. In a shocking twist, his idea is brilliant. Rather than kicking the ball off a tee, the scoring team would get the ball on its own 30-yard line in a 4th-and-15 scenario. They could elect to punt, or they would have the option to go for it and keep possession with a successful conversion. Exciting!

Two Gunslingers Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

fuck Roger Goodell
    Wanted
    CD Carrie Portfolio 719
    Dark Tower S/N LE's 171 or 203
    ANY Stephen King S/N LE #171 or 719

A Storm of Swords #218 or 346
    Ancillary Justice #455
    American Gods (+ SC Reader copy) #624

Michael Whelan original art
    DT VII: Michael Whelan Remarque

Traveler steven547 is on a distinguished road

I thought Brady's last win solidified him as the GOAT, or if nothing else was co-GOAT with Montana, and if there is as yet a discussion after this I may need to copy my home down. I've become so tired of tuning in to individuals banter if Brady is the GOAT or not it's authentic, adore him or despise him, love the golf guide Pats or abhor the Pats...Brady is the official, undisputed, GOAT.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8