Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: General Discussion of the NFL

Caution: eye irritant Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

Default General Discussion of the NFL

I've been kind of waiting for this thread to be made so...

The Seahawks had better get their "O" line right, real quick!

They looked good this week but that was the Lions they played...2 sacks in the first quarter of a predominately running game??

I wouldn't sell R.Wilson any life or health insurance.

BTW....OUCH!!!! Got facemask??

All that's left of what we were is what we have become.

Servant of Gan Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Sorry Jon Patriots all the way!

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Is this one of those start-up leagues? I've never heard of it.
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Sai Sheb View Post
    Then I guess you're pretty happy the Giants were eliminated, huh? lol lol
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Gunslinger Apprentice ke7285 will become famous soon enough ke7285 will become famous soon enough ke7285's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

I think it is Green Bay and New England Super Bowl, Patriot's win. Yes the Lions have a lot of bad call's go against them the past few year's, in the first picture the ref is looking straight at the play, this is why I don't watch much NFL anymore. In my 55 year's the lions played in 12 playoff game's winning only 1 the 91-92 season against the Cowboys.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Yeah, can't believe we didn't already have a thread like this tbh. Shame on us.

I'm a Packers fan, but I think the odds are stacked against us winning this SB. We're pretty much invincible on offense, but our defense has more holes than swiss cheese. The only reason we weren't down to the Giants early yesterday was because Beckham decided to come out with hands of stone and Eli overthrew a couple of passes.

That's not going to happen with surgeons like Brady or Roethlisberger.

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by fernandito View Post

I'm a Packers fan, but I think the odds are stacked against us winning this SB. We're pretty much invincible on offense, but our defense has more holes than swiss cheese. The only reason we weren't down to the Giants early yesterday was because Beckham decided to come out with hands of stone and Eli overthrew a couple of passes.

None of those passes were overthrown. This is the NFL, you have to catch every single one of those passes. Brown doesn't drop those. That could have been a very different game if those balls were caught early.

Servant of Gan Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    Giants or packers don't make no odds... NE win... I was about 8/9 years old when my Big brother said let's put a bet on the SB... ok I said(not knowing what it was) so the money went on NE and they won, meaning we won £75 each great win... since then I've been a fan of NE and the game, not many fans this side if the pond... I also support Tottenham Hotspur who are having a retractable pitch put in so we can host NFL games next season...

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Still Servant View Post

None of those passes were overthrown. This is the NFL, you have to catch every single one of those passes. Brown doesn't drop those. That could have been a very different game if those balls were caught early.
    Not talking about the dropped passes; there were 1 or 2 sideline throws were Eli was just a hair off.

Our CBs got smoked in the first Quarter but they adjusted uncharacteristically well over the course of the game.

Giants or packers don't make no odds... NE win... I was about 8/9 years old when my Big brother said let's put a bet on the SB... ok I said(not knowing what it was) so the money went on NE and they won, meaning we won £75 each great win... since then I've been a fan of NE and the game, not many fans this side if the pond... I also support Tottenham Hotspur who are having a retractable pitch put in so we can host NFL games next season...
    How much money did they make you when they got smoked by Eli Manning and the Giants in back to back attended SBs?

Country
    Country Flag

Not talking about the dropped passes; there were 1 or 2 sideline throws were Eli was just a hair off.

Our CBs got smoked in the first Quarter but they adjusted uncharacteristically well over the course of the game.

How much money did they make you when they got smoked by Eli Manning and the Giants in back to back attended SBs?
    You really know how to kick a man when he's down

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

I too am a Pats fan (and isn't it great being a fan of a cold weather team, when of the 8 games each year, the cheerleaders have to bundle up for 6 of them?).

People in this area are taking Houston WAY too lightly and the spread is outlandish (16 1/2 points????).

I wouldn't be surprised to see Pittsburgh, Seattle or GB win the SB (I'm not familiar enough with KC, Dallas, Atlanta this year to have much of an opinion on them (other than to say that any team that makes the NFL playoffs is a threat)). I would be surprised to see Houston win the SB, but not surprised to see them win this week.
    It seems I'm miles above the surface of the Earth

I can see across the whole of London and beyond

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

The one thing all teams who have defeated the Patriots in the post season have in common: relentless pash rush. Great pash rush like the one Houston currently possesses.

You have to make Brady feel uncomfortable in the pocket quickly and early if you're to have any kind of success.

And you don't have to go for gold every time. Hit him. Bump him. Push him. It adds up.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

You really know how to kick a man when he's down

I apologize in advance, but given the recent Packers game I would hope you understand........................................ .......

Spoiler:
    18-1!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Says the guy whose team got beat both of those years by the same Giants team.

Rabid Billybumbler DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by St. Troy View Post
    I too am a Pats fan (and isn't it great being a fan of a cold weather team, when of the 8 games each year, the cheerleaders have to bundle up for 6 of them?).

People in this area are taking Houston WAY too lightly and the spread is outlandish (16 1/2 points????).

I wouldn't be surprised to see Pittsburgh, Seattle or GB win the SB (I'm not familiar enough with KC, Dallas, Atlanta this year to have much of an opinion on them (other than to say that any team that makes the NFL playoffs is a threat)). I would be surprised to see Houston win the SB, but not surprised to see them win this week.
    Time for you to move out of state dude. Only way that Houston even makes it competitive is if Bill decides to take it easy on his protege. I will give up my season tickets if the Patriots lose this week. No way that Houston is coming to Foxboro and winning. Pittsburgh and KC, now we are talking a game.

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Poor Texans. No one is giving them a chance in hell

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Houston has a damn good defense; very possible that the Pats max out at 20 points - if Osweiller plays like he did last week, they make a few plays, we have a game.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorZaius View Post

Time for you to move out of state dude. Only way that Houston even makes it competitive is if Bill decides to take it easy on his protege. I will give up my season tickets if the Patriots lose this week. No way that Houston is coming to Foxboro and winning. Pittsburgh and KC, now we are talking a game.
    I agree, it doesn't look great, but as Feev noted above, the way to beat the Pats over the years is pash rush.

The only way I could see the Texans winning is if Clooney just takes over. He has the kind of talent to break your game. If he does, Texans have a chance.

Rabid Billybumbler DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorZaius View Post

I agree, it doesn't look great, but as Feev noted above, the way to beat the Pats over the years is pash rush.

The only way I could see the Texans winning is if Clooney just takes over. He has the kind of talent to break your game. If he does, Texans have a chance.
    As in George "Clooney." It would have to be a movie - this is reality.

Country
    Country Flag

Guys I can't see Tex doing this, they just don't seem organized enough! Houston do have a good defense line but I don't see their attack as one to worry even a half steady defense! I see NE and GB final, very close but NE (with their persistent ways) winning by 7 in the last quarter...

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Well, that (NE/Houston) did NOT feel like an 18 point win...

Country
    Country Flag

NE all the way...

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

HOW BOUT THEM PACKERS BABYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

HOW BOUT THEM PACKERS BABYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY
    Good win. Made my day. Now I can relax for the rest of the playoffs.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast