Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: 2017 Book List

Two Gunslingers Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Default 2017 Book List

Past years Links

Books
    1. The City of Mirrors - Justin Cronin (Started 12/7/16, finished 1/2/17)
    2. The Client (audiobook) - John Grisham (started 12/18/16, finished 1/3/17)
    3. River God - Wilbur Smith (started 1/4/17, finished 2/11/17) (re-read)
    4. The Chamber (audiobook) - John Grisham (started 1/11/17, finished 2/13/17)
    5. The Liberal Redneck Manifesto : Draggin' Dixie outta the Dark -
    Trae Crowder, Corey Ryan Forrester, and Drew Morgan (started 2/12/17, finished 2/15/17)
    6. House of Prayer no. 2: A Writer's Journey Home - Mark Richard (started 2/15/17, finished 2/21/17)
    7. The Lost City of the Monkey God - Douglas Preston (started 2/27/17, finished 3/4/17)
    8. The Men Who Stare at Goats - Jon Ronson (Started 3/4/17, finished 3/8/17)
    9. The Runaway Jury (audiobook) - John Grisham (started 2/22/17, finished 3/14/17)
    10.Black Cherry Blues - James Lee Burke (Started 3/9/17, finished 3/15/17)
    11.The Rainmaker - John Grisham (started 3/12/17, finished 3/20/17)
    12.Lincoln in the Bardo - George Saunders (started 3/22/17, finished 4/1/17)
    13.Tenth of December - George Saunders (started 3/22/17, finished 4/7/17)
    14.The Andromeda Strain - Michael Crichton (started 4/09/17, finished 4/12/17)
    15.CivilWarLand in bad decline: stories & a novella - George Saunders (started 4/08/17, finished 4/14/17)
    16.Stories of Your Life & Others - Ted Chiang (started 4/07/17, finished 4/21/17)
    17.The Handmaid's Tale - Margaret Atwood (started 4/22/17, finished 5/7/17)
    18.The Very Persistent Gappers of Frip - George Saunders (read on 5/8/17)
    19.Creativity, Inc.: Overcoming the unseen forces that stand in the way of true inspiration -
    Ed Catmull with Amy Wallace (started 5/3/16, finished 5/17/17)
    20.Angel's Flight - Michael Connelly (started 5/17/17, finished 5/25/17)
    21.A Storm of Swords (audiobook) - George R. R. Martin (started 3/18/17, finished 5/26/17)
    22.Before the Fall - Noah Hawley (started 5/27/17, finished 5/31/17)
    23.Pastoralia - George Saunders (started 5/13/17, finished 6/2/17)
    24.The Punch - Noah Hawley (started 6/2/17, finished 6/9/17)
    25.The Forever War (ebook) - Joe Haldeman (started 1/10/17, finished 6/22/17)
    26.Tolkien and the Great War: The Threshold of Middle Earth - John Garth (started 5/8/17, finished 6/23/17)
    27.The Son - Philipp Meyer (started 6/25/17, finished 6/30/17)
    28.The Long Way to a Small, Angry Planet - Becky Chambers (started 6/25/17, finished 7/3/17)
    29.Mudbound - Hillary Jordan (started 7/3/17, finished 7/5/17)
    30. Clash of Eagles - Alan Smale (started 8/7/17, finished 8/15/17)
    31. A Red Death - Walter Mosley (started 8/18/17, finished 8/20/17)
    32. A Feast for Crows (audiobook) - George R. R. Martin (started 6/8/17, finished 8/20/17)
    33. IT - Stephen King (started 7/19/17, finished 9/8/17) (re-read)
    34. Norse Mythology - Neil Gaiman (started 8/7/17, finished 9/13/17)
    35. Lovecraft Country - Matt Ruff (started 9/14/17, finished 10/4/17)
    36. Norse Mythology (audiobook)- Neil Gaiman (started 10/28/17, finished 11/06/17)
    37. All the Birds in the Sky - Charlie Jane Anders (started 10/11/17, finished 11/09/17)
    38. Lincoln in the Bardo (audiobook) - George Saunders (started 11/22/17, finished 11/29/17)
    39. American Rust - Philipp Meyer (started 11/10/17, finished 12/4/17)

Anthologies
    1. The Best American Short Stories 2016 - edited by Junot Diaz with Heidi Pitlor (finished 8/17/17)

Comics
    1. The Massive Book 1: Black Pacific - Brian Wood, Kristian Donaldson, & Garry Brown
    2. Saga Vol 1 Brian K Vaughan & Fiona Staples (2/1/17)
    3. Saga Vol 2 Brian K Vaughan & Fiona Staples (2/1/17)
    4. Saga Vol 3 Brian K Vaughan & Fiona Staples (2/1/17)
    5. Saga Vol 4 Brian K Vaughan & Fiona Staples (2/2/17)
    6. Saga Vol 5 Brian K Vaughan & Fiona Staples (2/15/17)
    7. Saga Vol 6 Brian K Vaughan & Fiona Staples (2/15/17)
    8. The Massive Book 2: Subcontinental - Brian Wood, Garry Brown, Dave Stewart, & Jordie Bellaire (2/23/17)
    9. The Massive Book 3: Longship - Brian Wood, Garry Brown, & Jordie Bellaire (3/04/17)
    10.The Massive Book 4: Sahara - Brian Wood, Garry Brown, Danijel Zezelj, & Jordie Bellaire (3/11/17)
    11.The Massive Book 5: Ragnarok - Brian Wood, Garry Brown, & Jordie Bellaire (3/11/17)
    12.The Sixth Gun - Book 5: Winter Wolves - Cullen Bunn & Brian Hurtt (3/21/17)
    13.The Walking Dead vol 27: The Whisperer War - Robert Kirkman & Charlie Adlard (3/26/17)
    14.The Sixth Gun - Sons of the Gun - Cullen Bunn, Brian Hurtt, & Brian Churilla (4/12/17)
    15. Saga Vol 7 Brian K Vaughan & Fiona Staples (4/28/17)
    16. The Private Eye - Brian K Vaughan, Marcos Martin (12/17/17)

In Progress
    The Big Book of Science Fiction - Edited by Ann & Jeff VanderMeer (started 12/24/16,)
    Grimscribe - Thomas Ligotti (started 5/29/17,)
    Blood Meridian: or The Evening Redness in the West - Cormac McCarthy (started 7/9/17,)
    A Dance with Dragons (audiobook) - George R. R. Martin (started 8/29/17, finished )
    The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford - Ron Hansen (started 12/20/17,)

Dead Soldiers
    The Illustrated The Battle Cry of Freedom - James M McPherson (started 10/08/15)
    Authority - Jeff Vandermeer (started 2/2/15,)
    The Wastelands - Stephen King (started 8/2/14
    The King in Yellow - Robert W Chambers e-book (started 3/29/14
    Hemingway: A Life without Consequences - James R Mellow (started 10/27/13)
    Last edited by Lookwhoitis; 12-22-2017 at 04:54 AM.
    Wanted
    CD Carrie Portfolio 719
    Dark Tower S/N LE's 171 or 203
    ANY Stephen King S/N LE #171 or 719

A Storm of Swords #218 or 346
    Ancillary Justice #455
    American Gods (+ SC Reader copy) #624

Michael Whelan original art
    DT VII: Michael Whelan Remarque

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

1. Gene Wolfe - The Fifth Head of Cerebrus
    2. Tim Powers - Epitaph in Rust
    3. Robert Silverberg - Master of Life and Death
    4. Clifford D. Simak - Time Is the Simplest Thing
    5. Arthur C. Clarke - Islands in the Sky

1. Moebius & Jodorowsky - Angel Claws
    2. Brandon Graham - Prophet Vol. 5: Earth War
    3. Junji Ito - Tomie

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Graphic Novels
    1. X-Men, Second Coming

Did you guess it was me? becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69's Avatar

The First Level of Hell - It's got a great view!
    Country
    Country Flag
    Wanted: Human skin edition of The Book of the Dead. Will accept PC copy.

Did you guess it was me? becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

2012 List
    2013 List
    2014 List
    2015 List
    2016 List

1. Blood Vow - JR Ward
    2. Prince Lestat and the Realms of Atlantis - Anne Rice

Citizen of Gilead Aronstg has a spectacular aura about Aronstg has a spectacular aura about Aronstg has a spectacular aura about Aronstg's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

1. The Fifth Season - N.K Jemisin

Currently Reading - The Black Prism by Brent Weeks

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

1. Station Eleven - Emily St. John Mandel (audiobook)
    2. The Shining - Stephen King
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

3. Troublemaker - Leah Remini (audiobook)

Rabid Billybumbler Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

1. The Last Argument of Kings - Joe Abercrombie

Country
    Country Flag

2012 List
    2013 List
    2014 List
    2015 List
    2016 List

1. Blood Vow - JR Ward
    3. Traitor's Blade - Sebastien de Castell

Country
    Country Flag

2012 List
    2013 List
    2014 List
    2015 List
    2016 List

1. Blood Vow - JR Ward
    4. Feversong - Karen Marie Moning

4. The Fate of Mercy Alban - Wendy Webb (audiobook)
    5. Winter Storms - Elin Hilderbrand (audiobook)

Rabid Billybumbler Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

2. Great Expectations - Charles Dickens

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

2. Great Expectations - Charles Dickens
    3. Old Man and the Sea - Ernest Hemingway

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

1. Shirley Jackson. The Lottery and Other Stories (reread)
    2. Shirley Jackson. Uncollected Stories (reread)
    3. Shirley Jackson. The Haunting of Hill House (reread)
    4. Lionel Shriver. We Need to Talk about Kevin
    5. Robert Bloch. Psycho

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

How was Psycho?

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Good. Like the movie (the Hitchcock one, of course), it has this very fundamental feeling to it: there's going to be tons of stuff on the same subject, but only one cornerstone. Old-fashioned, detailed, slow, respectable.

a very mild spoiler concerning the appearance of Norman Bates:
    Spoiler:
    he looked nothing like Perkins, just the contrary: was described much as that guy from Human Centipede 2 and many similar movies

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks for the heads up. It's another one I've been considering reading recently.

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

1. Gene Wolfe - The Fifth Head of Cerebrus
    2. Tim Powers - Epitaph in Rust
    3. Robert Silverberg - Master of Life and Death
    4. Clifford D. Simak - Time Is the Simplest Thing
    5. Arthur C. Clarke - Islands in the Sky

6. Peter Watts - Echopraxia

1. Moebius & Jodorowsky - Angel Claws
    2. Brandon Graham - Prophet Vol. 5: Earth War
    3. Junji Ito - Tomie
    4. Stan Lee & Mobius - The Silver Surfer: Parable
    5. Bill Willingham - Fables Deluxe Edition Vol. 12

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Graphic Novels
    1. X-Men, Second Coming

Novels
    1. S - J.J Abrams

Si em, tow en can de lach jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by fernandito View Post
    Graphic Novels
    1. X-Men, Second Coming

Novels
    1. S - J.J Abrams
    What was your approach to reading S.? I have been putting it off because I ave heard you need to read it a few times to full understand it. Once to read the book, once to read the notes, and once to read them together to get everything.

Country
    Country Flag

2012 List
    2013 List
    2014 List
    2015 List
    2016 List

1. Blood Vow - JR Ward
    5. Senlin Ascends - Josiah Bancroft

Citizen of Gilead Aronstg has a spectacular aura about Aronstg has a spectacular aura about Aronstg has a spectacular aura about Aronstg's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

1. The Fifth Season - N.K Jemisin
    2. The Black Prism - Brent Weeks
    3. Missoula: Rape and the Justice System in a College Town - John Krakauer
    4. We are Legion (We are Bob) - Dennis E Taylor
    5. Born a Crime - Trevor Noah

Currently Reading - Futuristic Violence and Fancy Suits - David Wong

4. The Fate of Mercy Alban - Wendy Webb (audiobook)
    5. Winter Storms - Elin Hilderbrand (audiobook)
    6. Zoo - James Patterson (audiobook)

Country
    Country Flag

2012 List
    2013 List
    2014 List
    2015 List
    2016 List

1. Blood Vow - JR Ward
    5. Senlin Ascends - Josiah Bancroft
    6. In Calabria - Peter S. Beagle

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast