Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: 2017 Movie List

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Still Servant View Post
    Spoiler:
    I thought it would have been cool to have everybody wake up and they are welcomed by the adult children of Aurora and Jim.
    That's what I thought was going to end up happening during the last few minutes when we only heard
    Spoiler:
    Aurora's narration and the doors opened.

Also, your snow day sounds great. How was La La Land? I'm not really a fan of musicals (people breaking out into song all the time, not a lot of spoken dialogue), but don't mind movies with songs. Based on that, could I tolerate it?
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Oh, yeah. You can tolerate it. There's a ton of dialogue. There's really only a handful of musical scenes. It's a great film.
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Awesome. Thanks!
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Have you seen The Impossible?
    I hated it. No fault of Bayona because it look great and the production was superb. But the story? Ugh. Don't get me started.
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

1. Die Hard (RW)
    2. A Monster Calls *****
    3. Under The Shadow ****

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Mattrick View Post
    Have you seen The Impossible?
    I hated it. No fault of Bayona because it look great and the production was superb. But the story? Ugh. Don't get me started.
    How is it not a fault of Bayona? He didn't write the script, but the director has to take some of the blame for conveying a bad story as you would say.

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

It's the fact they made a movie in Thailand about rich white people enjoying a privileged Christmas and the tsunami hits and it ends with all the white people going home together, losing nothing but their Christmas presents. Ugh. Someone once tried to defend the movie by saying it's based off a book written by a Spanish family, which means they white washed it even more than I thought they did! It's not the movie itself or even the plot or characters, it's the total conceit of the story that it was actually told, so insulated from a real disaster which killed nearly half a million people, but no white people lol

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

It's the fact they made a movie in Thailand about rich white people enjoying a privileged Christmas and the tsunami hits and it ends with all the white people going home together, losing nothing but their Christmas presents. Ugh. Someone once tried to defend the movie by saying it's based off a book written by a Spanish family, which means they white washed it even more than I thought they did! It's not the movie itself or even the plot or characters, it's the total conceit of the story that it was actually told, so insulated from a real disaster which killed nearly half a million people, but no white people lol
    The director is from Spain, so he could have fixed that. Unfortunately, the studio would never allow it. They needed famous white faces to sell the film. Afterall, it is a business.

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

The director is from Spain, so he could have fixed that. Unfortunately, the studio would never allow it. They needed famous white faces to sell the film. Afterall, it is a business.
    The major problem with the film is that it's a film about perhaps the greatest tragedy of my life time. It was a catastrophic disaster which affected over a dozen countries. I can't think of any natural disaster being more widespread in it's devastation than an asteroid impact. The film itself has no tragedy. The main characters survive and find each other and get to return to their not washed away home and town as if it never happened to them in the first place. The tragedy is on the peripheries, glimpsed, out of focus, but never in frame. It just eliminates and impact of the movie. I'd rather have seen a movie a thai family dealing with the disaster and the aftermath. Instead the characters board and plane and go home and leave the tragedy and destruction behind them, just like the audience as they leave the theatre. It could have been much more than it was :/

1. Die Hard (RW)
    2. A Monster Calls *****
    3. Under The Shadow ****
    4. The Lobster ****

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

1. Die Hard (RW) *****
    2. A Monster Calls *****
    3. Under The Shadow ****
    4. The Lobster ****
    5. Quills (RW) *****

Did you guess it was me? becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69's Avatar

The First Level of Hell - It's got a great view!
    Country
    Country Flag

2013 List
    2014 List
    2015 List
    2016 List

1. Hardcore Henry
    2. Finding Dory
    3. Spirited Away
    Wanted: Human skin edition of The Book of the Dead. Will accept PC copy.

Two Gunslingers Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Spirited Away is one of my favorite movies of all time!
    Wanted
    CD Carrie Portfolio 719
    Dark Tower S/N LE's 171 or 203
    ANY Stephen King S/N LE #171 or 719

A Storm of Swords #218 or 346
    Ancillary Justice #455
    American Gods (+ SC Reader copy) #624

Michael Whelan original art
    DT VII: Michael Whelan Remarque

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

1. Die Hard (RW) *****
    2. A Monster Calls *****
    3. Under The Shadow ****
    4. The Lobster ****
    5. Quills (RW) *****
    6. La La Land *****

Did you guess it was me? becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

2013 List
    2014 List
    2015 List
    2016 List

1. Hardcore Henry
    2. Finding Dory
    3. Spirited Away
    4. Lights Out

Country
    Country Flag

2013 List
    2014 List
    2015 List
    2016 List

1. Hardcore Henry
    2. Finding Dory
    3. Spirited Away
    4. Lights Out
    5. Now You See Me 2

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lookwhoitis View Post
    Mine too! Did you like it Becca? Have you seen Howl's Moving Castle yet?
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

2010 List
    2011 List

2012 List
    2013 List
    2014 List
    2015 List
    2016 List

Passengers
    Keanu
    Neighbors 2: Sorority Rising
    Kubo and the Two Strings
    War Dogs
    Eddie the Eagle
    '71
    La La Land
    Swiss Army Man
    A Monster Calls
    Train to Busan
    Split
    The Founder

Two Gunslingers Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Sundance is kickin' I'm little down (for me) this year on the number of films I have watched by this point.

best has been The Hero with Sam Elliot. A beautiful and moving film.

Sundance list so far:

City of Ghosts
    Landline
    Ingrid goes West
    Bitch
    The Yellow Birds
    The Hero
    Wanted
    CD Carrie Portfolio 719
    Dark Tower S/N LE's 171 or 203
    ANY Stephen King S/N LE #171 or 719

A Storm of Swords #218 or 346
    Ancillary Justice #455
    American Gods (+ SC Reader copy) #624

Michael Whelan original art
    DT VII: Michael Whelan Remarque

Demon of the Prim killjoy72 is a jewel in the rough killjoy72 is a jewel in the rough killjoy72 is a jewel in the rough killjoy72's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

2015 List
    2016 List

2017 List:
    1. Kubo and the Two Strings
    2. The Finest Hours
    3. Cheap Thrills
    4. Rogue One *
    5. Annabelle
    6. Room 237 *
    7. It Follows *
    8. The Imitation Game
    9. Alice Through the Looking Glass
    10. The Wrestler
    11. Quatermass and the Pit
    12. Basket Case 2
    13. Black Snake Moan

*rewatch

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Heather19 View Post
    I did and the animation was lovely. I have most of them on Blu Ray thanks to a friend/member but haven't watched them yet. Howl's Moving Castle is next in line.

Country
    Country Flag

2013 List
    2014 List
    2015 List
    2016 List

1. Hardcore Henry
    2. Finding Dory
    3. Spirited Away
    4. Lights Out
    5. Now You See Me 2
    6. Mike & Dave Need Wedding Dates
    7. The Babadook

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Sundance is kickin' I'm little down (for me) this year on the number of films I have watched by this point.

best has been The Hero with Sam Elliot. A beautiful and moving film.

Sundance list so far:

City of Ghosts
    Landline
    Ingrid goes West
    Bitch
    The Yellow Birds
    The Hero
    Are you planning on seeing Wind River? It's Taylor Sheridan's directorial debut, so I'm intrigued.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I thought Mike & Dave Need Wedding Dates was funny, so sue me

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by becca69 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Heather19 View Post
    I did and the animation was lovely. I have most of them on Blu Ray thanks to a friend/member but haven't watched them yet. Howl's Moving Castle is next in line.
    Nice! I just rewatched Kiki's Delivery Service a few weeks ago. It's another favorite of mine, and it got me wanting to rewatch most of his films now.
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by pablo View Post
    I thought Mike & Dave Need Wedding Dates was funny, so sue me
    You will be hearing from my lawyer.

I just think they showed all the funny parts in the trailer. I will say this, Aubrey Plaza was smoking in that film.

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast