Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 28 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast

Thread: Netflix

Rabid Billybumbler Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of

Country
    Country Flag

Me either. Its just a tv show that deals with racial tension on a college campus. And some people think it's racist.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/ar...s-ONE-day.html

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

That's crazy people.

Added today:

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Added today:

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

It's not racist, it's the opposite of racist. It's supposed to make YOU (if you're white, of course) feel like a racist.

White guilt bullshit. I don't have a Netflix account, and even if I did I wouldn't cancel it, but this is a definite miss.

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Shannon View Post
    It's not racist, it's the opposite of racist. It's supposed to make YOU (if you're white, of course) feel like a racist.

White guilt bullshit. I don't have a Netflix account, and even if I did I wouldn't cancel it, but this is a definite miss.
    I don't think that's the objective.

How do know how it's trying to make you feel if you haven't even seen it?
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

And the show's creator/writer (who is a millennial white douchebag) said, word-for-word: "Fuck white people." on Twitter. I mean ... seriously? lol

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

And the show's creator/writer (who is a millennial white douchebag) said, word-for-word: "Fuck white people." on Twitter. I mean ... seriously? lol
    Just to clear a few things up, the guy is not the creator of the show, he's one of the writers.

He also made that tweet on election night, not in response to the reaction of the Netflix show.

Rabid Billybumbler Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Still Servant View Post
    Just to clear a few things up, the guy is not the creator of the show, he's one of the writers.

He also made that tweet on election night, not in response to the reaction of the Netflix show.
    Doesn't matter when he said it, the fact is he said it.

Country
    Country Flag

If it's supposed to make white people feel racist then it's not the opposite of racist, it IS racist.

Country
    Country Flag

Or it could be shining a light on a deep-rooted problem.

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Well, Pablo, enjoy the show.

Goldmember Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future

My Mood
    Inspired

Netflix has shit offerings anyway. Just another reason to cancel.

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Oh come on, Daredevil was fantastic,and although I haven't seen it, House of Cards is very highly praised. Oh,and Making A Murderer was absolutely fantastic. Woot woot

Country
    Country Flag

Black mirror is great too.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by pablo View Post
    Or it could be shining a light on a deep-rooted problem.
    Could be. I haven't seen the movie either. I was just responding to Shannons comment. In the trailer it shows the main characters, I think, shoving and pulling off the costumes of the white students. Doesn't seem like the right way to go about discussing an issue/problem but the characters are young and that is what young people tend to do.

Servant of Gan DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold

Quote Originally Posted by Joe315 View Post

If it's supposed to make white people feel racist then it's not the opposite of racist, it IS racist.
    I don't think it's any of these things. Everything I've seen makes me feel like it's satire. Anyone who cancels Netflix over a show like this is just kidding themselves, they'll resub as soon as their favorite show is back on it and they can't get it anywhere else.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Kingfan24 View Post
    Netflix has shit offerings anyway. Just another reason to cancel.
    I'm on my app and I don't remember the code to the "what the fuck" emoji so I'll just say what the fuck.

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

They're promoting it as satire, but from the trailer, I didn't see anything satirical about it, because THIS is what people think nowadays. Even in this thread, we've had people talk about deep rooted problems and such. People ACTUALLY think this way.

I'm white, therefore, I should have white guilt. And so on.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Netflix is GREAT. For a few bucks the Marvel shows alone are worth it!
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Prisoner of Gan Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Shannon, Since you were a military guy I'm sure you saw how awesome it is when people just work together. There aren't colors there is only the uniform. I think the great divide that is being perpetuated by some would be better served to look at America as one uniform and as such people as just Americans.

Without watching this show I can't rightly say however similar themed shows propagate an illusion of whatever agenda they choose. They do not shine a light on anything but their own propaganda.

They're promoting it as satire, but from the trailer, I didn't see anything satirical about it, because THIS is what people think nowadays. Even in this thread, we've had people talk about deep rooted problems and such. People ACTUALLY think this way.

Country
    Country Flag

Added today:

Weedeater ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Staad View Post
    Shannon, Since you were a military guy I'm sure you saw how awesome it is when people just work together. There aren't colors there is only the uniform. I think the great divide that is being perpetuated by some would be better served to look at America as one uniform and as such people as just Americans.

Without watching this show I can't rightly say however similar themed shows propagate an illusion of whatever agenda they choose. They do not shine a light on anything but their own propaganda.

I understood Dear White People was supposed to be satire.
    Am I mistaken?

IMHO, humor is a great way to unite people.
    Its also a humbling experience to be able to laugh at one's own faults and foibles.

I miss Richard Pryor.

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Staad View Post
    Military or not, I love all people. But THIS TYPE OF SHOW and the people behind it don't want you to love all people. They want you (a white person) to feel like shit because you're white. Are you employed? Well, that's because you're white. Did you graduate high school? Well, that's because you're white. Do you know who both your parents are? White. Have you ever been harassed by a cop? If not, it's because you're white. If you HAVE, it's because something something something black people have had it rough and the police are simply trying to balance the scales because of something something something PR stunt.

Not to go on all fours; that is the Law. Are we not Men?. T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Military or not, I love all people. But THIS TYPE OF SHOW and the people behind it don't want you to love all people. They want you (a white person) to feel like shit because you're white. Are you employed? Well, that's because you're white. Did you graduate high school? Well, that's because you're white. Do you know who both your parents are? White. Have you ever been harassed by a cop? If not, it's because you're white. If you HAVE, it's because something something something black people have had it rough and the police are simply trying to balance the scales because of something something something PR stunt.
    You can tell all that from the 35 second trailer of a new satirical TV show? WOW! LOL!

Considering that Dear White People is based entirely on the 2014 movie of the same name, it should follow that the movie is also racist...

From the site consensus at Rotten Tomatoes and scoring 91% based on 117 reviews: "Dear White People adds a welcome new voice to cinema's oft-neglected discussion of race, tackling its timely themes with intelligence, honesty, and gratifyingly sharp wit."

The movie's director, Justin Simien, won the U.S. Dramatic Special Jury Award for Breakthrough Talent at the 2014 Sundance Film Festival, and Best Screenplay at the 2015 Spirit Awards.

So yeah, extremely racist.

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Alright, let's go back to the original movie, then. Admittedly, I haven't seen it. So, let's check out the trailer ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OATfJ1SwnvQ

I made it to 1:10 of the 2:46 trailer before I paused it. You can't be serious. This is ... satire? This isn't satire. PEOPLE THINK LIKE THIS IN REAL LIFE. This isn't irony or exaggeration. This isn't humorous or a quirky metaphor for race relations. This is race-baiting hidden inside a movie that people can nod their heads at while thinking highly of themselves for having someone else agree with them.

And your "WOW! LOL!" smiley face bullshit leads me to believe that your Google-found information is the extent of your contribution here.

If you can't see that there is at least SOMETHING wrong, or at least a little OFF about the "35 second trailer," then you're fucking blind to what's really going on. Open your eyes.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 28 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast