Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 28 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 25 ... LastLast

Thread: Netflix

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Hush is really good. Haven't seen The Ritual yet, but my friend just recommended it to me last week. Hoping to watch it soon.
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Gunslinger Apprentice Earl of Popkin is just really nice Earl of Popkin is just really nice Earl of Popkin is just really nice Earl of Popkin is just really nice Earl of Popkin is just really nice Earl of Popkin's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Poe View Post
    Hush is really good. Haven't seen The Ritual yet, but my friend just recommended it to me last week. Hoping to watch it soon.
    Then say no more (aka hush) I shall watch it tonite. Thx poe

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Adding to the Hush praise. One of my favorite movies I saw last year.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

And here's the trailer for Bird Box

Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Earl of Popkin View Post
    anyone catch Hush or The Ritual? Both look really cool to me but Netflix tricks me constantly

SS? Web? Care to go on the record?
    Actually, I just watched Hush last weekend. Matt was touting it so much around here, that I had to give it a shot. I really enjoyed it and thought it was one of the better home invasion films I've seen in recent years. Mike Flanagan is a pretty reliable director.

On a side note, I also learned that Flanagan is married to Kate Siegel, who played the main character in Hush and also co-wrote the film. She's been in a bunch of his films, but I had no idea they were married.
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

Gunslinger Apprentice Earl of Popkin is just really nice Earl of Popkin is just really nice Earl of Popkin is just really nice Earl of Popkin is just really nice Earl of Popkin is just really nice Earl of Popkin's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Still Servant View Post
    anyone catch Hush or The Ritual? Both look really cool to me but Netflix tricks me constantly

SS? Web? Care to go on the record?
    Actually, I just watched Hush last weekend. Matt was touting it so much around here, that I had to give it a shot. I really enjoyed it and thought it was one of the better home invasion films I've seen in recent years. Mike Flanagan is a pretty reliable director.

On a side note, I also learned that Flanagan is married to Kate Siegel, who played the main character in Hush and also co-wrote the film. She's been in a bunch of his films, but I had no idea they were married.
    Caught Hush last night. Cool premise and a pretty fun watch. I like how the movie got right down to business in like the first 5 minutes. A couple eye rolling moments no doubt, but totally worth it. Plus a Hodges Trilogy Easter egg for the win.

Kate Siegel was good; thought she was good as one of the Haunted Hotties on the Hill House show too. Way to go mr Flanagan

Rabid Billybumbler Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Poe View Post
    And here's the trailer for Bird Box

Looks good. Solid cast too

Citizen of Gilead RichardX is just really nice RichardX is just really nice RichardX is just really nice RichardX is just really nice RichardX is just really nice RichardX's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

"The Terrifier" is an excellent old school type of slasher movie. If you liked those 80s movies and don't mind a lot of graphic violence, it is worth a watch. Another clown that is not to be messed with.

Country
    Country Flag

Caught The Ritual last night. Was checking my phone less than 30 minutes in. Sometimes I think we get spoiled by King; we just take it for granted that we’ll care about his characters and thus their particular demises. Holy hell did I not care about any of the characters in this movie except maybe the main guy. That being said, Norway and Sweden look like amazing places I need to visit.

Breaker Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode's Avatar

Just finished Season 1 of American Vandal. I really enjoyed it. At times, I could almost believe that it was a real documentary, despite the obviously juvenile subject matter.

I'll probably start watching season 2 tonight.
    Hearts are tough, she said, most times hearts don't break, and I'm sure that's right . . . but what about then? What about who we were then? What about hearts in Atlantis?

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Iwritecode View Post
    Just finished Season 1 of American Vandal. I really enjoyed it. At times, I could almost believe that it was a real documentary, despite the obviously juvenile subject matter.

Def not as good as the first season but worth the watch. Plus it has one of the all time greatest nicknames for a character ever imo

Rabid Billybumbler Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of

Country
    Country Flag

Any one here watch Big Mouth?

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Caught The Ritual last night. Was checking my phone less than 30 minutes in. Sometimes I think we get spoiled by King; we just take it for granted that we’ll care about his characters and thus their particular demises. Holy hell did I not care about any of the characters in this movie except maybe the main guy. That being said, Norway and Sweden look like amazing places I need to visit.
    I just read a bunch of people who raved about it, so this is interesting. I even moved it to the top of my to-watch list.

Was it at least suspenseful...or have any good qualities?
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ricky View Post
    I just read a bunch of people who raved about it, so this is interesting. I even moved it to the top of my to-watch list.

Was it at least suspenseful...or have any good qualities?
    Definitely good qualities; the setting is great, main dude is interesting enough to keep you watching but I wouldn’t call it suspenseful. A couple of decent moments throughout but it just kind of falls flat for me. Not memorable

Like using margarine instead of butter in a recipe. All the ingredients are there but it could be better

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Tad off topic because I can't find the thread or one doesn't exist, but I really enjoyed Homecoming on Amazon Prime. Didn't really care so much for the 2nd season of Lore.
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Brian861 View Post
    Tad off topic because I can't find the thread or one doesn't exist, but I really enjoyed Homecoming on Amazon Prime. Didn't really care so much for the 2nd season of Lore.
    An Amazon show discussion in the Netflix thread? Blasphemy!! I do want to watch that show, and many other Amazon shows, but I don't have Prime yet.

I think you're looking for the TV show thread in the Fedic Station. Either the General TV Discussion thread or the What are you watching right now thread.

http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/...ussion/page126

http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/...ht-now/page145
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Joe315 View Post
    Any one here watch Big Mouth?
    No one else watches Big Mouth? You’re missing out.

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Still Servant View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian861 View Post
    An Amazon show discussion in the Netflix thread? Blasphemy!! I do want to watch that show, and many other Amazon shows, but I don't have Prime yet.

I think you're looking for the TV show thread in the Fedic Station. Either the General TV Discussion thread or the What are you watching right now thread.

http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/...ussion/page126

http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/...ht-now/page145
    Gotcha. Thanks!
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Breaker Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode's Avatar

Def not as good as the first season but worth the watch. Plus it has one of the all time greatest nicknames for a character ever imo
    I agree it didn't quite live up to the first season, but still pretty good. I did like the ending a little bit better. It's kinda fun how they keep coming up with new leads and clues every episode so it's nearly impossible to guess who really did it.

And yes, the nickname was great.
    Hearts are tough, she said, most times hearts don't break, and I'm sure that's right . . . but what about then? What about who we were then? What about hearts in Atlantis?

Country
    Country Flag

I agree it didn't quite live up to the first season, but still pretty good. I did like the ending a little bit better. It's kinda fun how they keep coming up with new leads and clues every episode so it's nearly impossible to guess who really did it.

Pretty sure Netflix cancelled this show; I definitely thought S2 was at least good enough to warrant a S3...especially since there are so few good comedies right now. Or at least let them go full meta and have them do a few bonus eps to investigate why they’re not getting a 3rd season

Pretty sure Netflix cancelled this show; I definitely thought S2 was at least good enough to warrant a S3...especially since there are so few good comedies right now. Or at least let them go full meta and have them do a few bonus eps to investigate why they’re not getting a 3rd season
    I read that they cancelled it, but producers intend to shop the program to other venues. Both seasons are at 98% on Rotten tomatoes so I have no idea why they cancelled it if it was so well received.

Weedeater Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack's Avatar

Netflix is cancelling shows it doesn't produce in order to promote their own content. So it may not have been a matter of not being popular.

HBJ
    “If you don't know what you want," the doorman said, "you end up with a lot you don't.”
    ― Chuck Palahniuk, Fight Club

Looking for SubPress Lettered::
    Angel's Game and Prisoner of Heaven (Zafon)
    Ilium (Simmons)

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Hunchback Jack View Post
    Netflix is cancelling shows it doesn't produce in order to promote their own content. So it may not have been a matter of not being popular.

HBJ
    You’re absolutely right and I think this is a terrible strategy. We’re clearly past the early adopter phase of converts from cords to streaming so I don’t see the competitive advantage of owning your content at this point. People converting now will prob want quality and quantity and could care less about proprietary. Best I can figure is they’re streamlining a bit before Disney takes a real swipe at their market share next year. Yada yada yada i want more Vandal

Country
    Country Flag

Did Stranger Things Season 3 never come about? Or did I sleep through it?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 28 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 25 ... LastLast