Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 21 of 28 FirstFirst ... 11 19 20 21 22 23 ... LastLast

Thread: Netflix

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Yes, I remember seeing something somewhere recently about filming starting this Oct. Hope it's true.
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Breaker Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Watched Our Souls At Night w/Jane Fonda and Robert Redford. Great movie. One of the best Netflix has done.
    Wish List:
    Any of the following flatsigned or inscribed-
    It, Shining, Salem’s Lot, Mr. Mercedes, The Stand
    Brother ARC, Seed ARC

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

As far as unofficial news goes, I posted this in the ST thread: http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/...=1#post1155822
    It seems I'm miles above the surface of the Earth

I can see across the whole of London and beyond

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Multiple Netflix Series Will Now Drop Episodes Weekly Instead of All at Once

Netflix is looking to switch up its binge release method.

While the streaming giant is almost always known to release an entire season of a show at once—permitting viewers to watch the whole thing in one sitting or pace themselves—Netflix has decided to release some series on a weekly basis, ComicBook reports...

Full story

Servant of Gan DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold

Quote Originally Posted by fernandito View Post
    Multiple Netflix Series Will Now Drop Episodes Weekly Instead of All at Once

Netflix is looking to switch up its binge release method.

While the streaming giant is almost always known to release an entire season of a show at once—permitting viewers to watch the whole thing in one sitting or pace themselves—Netflix has decided to release some series on a weekly basis, ComicBook reports...

Full story
    I'm OK with this as long as it doesn't start happening to narrative content.

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

This is basically the entertainment conglomerate version of breast reduction surgery. Thanks guys!

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

It makes sense from a business perspective. Now you can't just blow through 5 seasons of a TV show in 1 week. Have to stay subscribed for the long haul.

I actually don't mind too much. I actually miss the good ole' days week-to-week watching. Those mid week discussions, dissections, and theories were just as enjoyable as the show itself. Binging has soured the integrity of that.

Now it's about how much television you can cram into one day before you move on to the next show. Sometimes I'll ask people that blow through an entire season of something in one day how much they actually remember about the show, in a lot of cases they can't even remember one of the central character's name.

Servant of Gan DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold

Well it seems like they're only doing it with The Great British Baking show and some other show. With The Great British Baking Show my guess is they're hoping to release the episodes closer to when they air in the UK. The other show sounds like it's an experiment so they don't give away the winner (I'm guessing it's a contest).

Narrative stuff I prefer to binge, and just can't keep up with weekly episodes. I generally just wait for it to be all released then go back and watch it all. I don't necessarily watch it all in one sitting, but I'll watch 2 or 3 episodes a night or something like that.

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by fernandito View Post
    I actually miss the good ole' days week-to-week watching. Those mid week discussions, dissections, and theories were just as enjoyable as the show itself. Binging has soured the integrity of that.
    Yeah, I agree. I think about that often. I love being able to watch the next episode of something if it ends on a cliffhanger or something, but I also feel like spreading out a season of episode over a longer stretch of time makes you appreciate it more since you spent more time thinking about the show and the show's world over weeks and weeks, rather than watching a whole series in a few days and moving on to the next thing.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

I agree. I do miss that as well. Remember all those great Lost discussions. Also when it comes to popular shows, I feel like I've had to go in the dark for awhile because I typically can't binge watch a show right away, and I hate for things to be spoiled.

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Yes to Lost! I wonder if it would've sparked such theories, debates, and discussions had it been made during the current streaming era. And in addition to having to go in the dark for some shows, I've also found it harder to discuss shows with people since they're always at different points in the season/series rather than everyone watching the same episode week-to-week.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

I never thought about that, but now that I do I'm thinking it probably wouldn't. It was definitely made at the right time. And it is much harder to discuss shows with people now. I usually wait until I'm finished so then I'm not spoiled or don't spoil something for someone else. And then by the time they've watched it I've forgotten everything because it's been too long and I've moved onto another show or vise versa It does make it hard to get into in depth conversations.

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ricky View Post
    Yes to Lost! I wonder if it would've sparked such theories, debates, and discussions had it been made during the current streaming era. And in addition to having to go in the dark for some shows, I've also found it harder to discuss shows with people since they're always at different points in the season/series rather than everyone watching the same episode week-to-week.
    I had this conversation with some coworkers recently. The way we watch shows is so different now. Game of Thrones might have been the last 'Water Cooler" show. There's something nice about watching an episode, talking about it with friends and looking forward to the next one in a week.

You're also right about not being able to talk to people about certain shows. All my friends binged Stranger Things immediately. They all wanted to talk about it, but I like to take my time and chunk my episodes out. I like to mix in some other shows and create a menu of sorts.

One of my coworkers came into my office one morning and said, "Oh my God, you have to watch The Sinner! I just binged it this weekend, so good!" I said I have already watched it. Two years ago. When it aired on USA.

So streaming is great, but it has its drawbacks as well.
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

Quote Originally Posted by Still Servant View Post
    I had this conversation with some coworkers recently. The way we watch shows is so different now. Game of Thrones might have been the last 'Water Cooler" show. There's something nice about watching an episode, talking about it with friends and looking forward to the next one in a week.

You're also right about not being able to talk to people about certain shows. All my friends binged Stranger Things immediately. They all wanted to talk about it, but I like to take my time and chunk my episodes out. I like to mix in some other shows and create a menu of sorts.

One of my coworkers came into my office one morning and said, "Oh my God, you have to watch The Sinner! I just binged it this weekend, so good!" I said I have already watched it. Two years ago. When it aired on USA.

I think that all really comes down to personal taste though. Personally I watch soo little "TV" that when there's something I'm actually interested in I like to binge it. Though everyone's definition of binge is a bit different. Mine is 2 - 3 episode a night till I'm done (depending on the length of episode). Then again I haven't had cable in like 10 years so "episode to episode" isn't really a thing that can exist in my life.

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by DanHocker View Post

I think that all really comes down to personal taste though. Personally I watch soo little "TV" that when there's something I'm actually interested in I like to binge it. Though everyone's definition of binge is a bit different. Mine is 2 - 3 episode a night till I'm done (depending on the length of episode). Then again I haven't had cable in like 10 years so "episode to episode" isn't really a thing that can exist in my life.
    Yeah, that's my pattern too. 2 or 3 hour long episodes. 4 or 5 half hour episodes. I don't consider that binge watching. To me, binging is when you watch an entire season of something in one sitting.

Breaker Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode's Avatar

Finished up S3 of 13 Reasons Why last night. I finally know who killed Bryce Walker. It's definitely not who I thought it would be.

Honestly, I think I like this season a little better than S2. I was little worried about where they would go with the story since they are so far past where the book ended and with Hannah no longer being the main focus. But her story is referenced numerous times and really drives the narrative of what happens beyond it.

I like the new character(s) they added as well. The season ended on a little bit happier note than the other 2, although they left the door open a crack for a forth season, which they are apparently going ahead with.
    Hearts are tough, she said, most times hearts don't break, and I'm sure that's right . . . but what about then? What about who we were then? What about hearts in Atlantis?

Rabid Billybumbler amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

I've never followed this thread, but came here today to see how people felt about steaming apps that release whole seasons at once, and see that has been the latest topic.

Personally I prefer the week to week for much of the reasons people mentioned earlier in this thread. Also, I can't force myself to binge as I like to mix it up. When I see I am 10+ episodes "behind" I get intimidated.

My friend and I are watching season 3 of designated survivor and we got to keep checking how far the other has seen before we can discuss it. It gets frustrating to remember not to talk about something in the last episode or two.
    Wanted:

'Salem's Lot Portfolio #606

Fairy Tale UK S/L

Breaker Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by amd013 View Post
    I've never followed this thread, but came here today to see how people felt about steaming apps that release whole seasons at once, and see that has been the latest topic.

Personally I prefer the week to week for much of the reasons people mentioned earlier in this thread. Also, I can't force myself to binge as I like to mix it up. When I see I am 10+ episodes "behind" I get intimidated.

My friend and I are watching season 3 of designated survivor and we got to keep checking how far the other has seen before we can discuss it. It gets frustrating to remember not to talk about something in the last episode or two.
    If my wife and I are watching something on Netflix we'll typically watch 2 (maybe 3) episodes in one sitting. Although this is between other activities during the week like bowling. softball and camping on the weekends. So it sometimes takes us a month or more to get through an entire season of a show.

Although we've done the same thing with weekly shows as well because they'll get recorded on our DVR, then we'll forget about them and by the time we get around to watching them, we are already an entire season behind.
    Hearts are tough, she said, most times hearts don't break, and I'm sure that's right . . . but what about then? What about who we were then? What about hearts in Atlantis?

Mostly I don't like weekly releases because I get bored of the wait and inevitably just end up not watching. It's exactly what happened to me with Game of Thrones. I still haven't seen the last season and I honestly probably won't at this point.

Mostly I don't like weekly releases because I get bored of the wait and inevitably just end up not watching. It's exactly what happened to me with Game of Thrones. I still haven't seen the last season and I honestly probably won't at this point.
    Why not just wait until the season is finished or close to before you start, that way you can watch them all at once if you prefer.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I couldn't get into Designated Survivor after the first season. I had a hard time seeing Kiefer as anyone but Jack Bauer.

I also thought he took to being president way too quickly. There should have been more of a learning curve. Once he got the swing of things, it turned back into a regular political thriller.

Quote Originally Posted by Heather19 View Post
    Why not just wait until the season is finished or close to before you start, that way you can watch them all at once if you prefer.
    That's often what I do when I remember. Often I just forget about the shows existence until it a "new season" notification thing pops up on Netflix. That said there's very few "week to week" shows I'm even really interested in.

Rabid Billybumbler amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

I couldn't get into Designated Survivor after the first season. I had a hard time seeing Kiefer as anyone but Jack Bauer.

I also thought he took to being president way too quickly. There should have been more of a learning curve. Once he got the swing of things, it turned back into a regular political thriller.
    Well, you aren't missing much in season 3. It has a definite social/political agenda to the show now. Will be the last season I watch. (although I would be surprised if there is a 4th season anyway).
    Wanted:

'Salem's Lot Portfolio #606

Fairy Tale UK S/L

I don't think we have a thread specifically dedicated to the "Making a Murderer" series, but this is potentially some pretty huge news.

https://www.newsweek.com/making-murd...teresa-1460835

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Quote Originally Posted by Iwritecode View Post
    I don't think we have a thread specifically dedicated to the "Making a Murderer" series, but this is potentially some pretty huge news.

https://www.newsweek.com/making-murd...teresa-1460835
    Shawn Rech (director of Convicting A Murderer, his in-progress response to Making A Murderer): "I was misled by the series."

Begins research, immediately confirms (apparently) that Avery and Dassey are innocent. Hey, if you go where the evidence takes you...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 21 of 28 FirstFirst ... 11 19 20 21 22 23 ... LastLast