Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post

Yes watched by a lot of people. Why? Because people loved it. Why is that? Cause it was GOOD. As for your issues? I liked the way it was down other than the woods part at the end. The whispers and shit was silly.... the rest you mention? I liked that we don't know. Same as NOT seeing the monsters. The unknown sometimes is so much better in a movie then knowing.

Side note: Have you seen the trailer for POLAR?
Come on, man. I'm not trying to be a dick here. A lot of people watching it isn't only because people think it's great. There's a curiosity factor. Word of mouth starts happening and people need to see it for themselves. I'm not saying it's a terrible film by any means, I just don't think it's deserving of all this praise.

I too agree that we as viewers shouldn't know everything. The unknown can be scary, although I think that works better in the written form than in visual form. There are also some things that need to be explained or at least have a valid reason for, or it pulls the viewer out of the film and gets them questioning things. I found myself doing that a lot. I was asking myself why can these things stomp on your car, but they can't just remove your blindfold? Things like that.