Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 18 of 28 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 20 ... LastLast

Thread: Netflix

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Heather19 View Post
    I miss video rental stores so much. Like you said, it was fun just going in and walking around and browsing all the movies.

My fear is everyone is going to have their own streaming site and if you want to see something you'll have to join 20 different sites. I currently have Netflix and Hulu, and no desire to add anything more to it. That's already enough money, especially if they're increasing their prices.
    SO DO I. That was how I fell in love with movies. Touching the boxes, seeing the artwork, the mini story of the film on the back. The excitement of the staff finding a copy in the drop box after the other 25 were rented! Picking out my chips and candy for the snacks. I just loved everything about it. Millennials ruined that. LOL In all seriousness, I miss that. I miss every part of it....
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Gunslinger Apprentice Earl of Popkin is just really nice Earl of Popkin is just really nice Earl of Popkin is just really nice Earl of Popkin is just really nice Earl of Popkin is just really nice Earl of Popkin's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    I miss video rental stores so much. Like you said, it was fun just going in and walking around and browsing all the movies.

My fear is everyone is going to have their own streaming site and if you want to see something you'll have to join 20 different sites. I currently have Netflix and Hulu, and no desire to add anything more to it. That's already enough money, especially if they're increasing their prices.
    SO DO I. That was how I fell in love with movies. Touching the boxes, seeing the artwork, the mini story of the film on the back. The excitement of the staff finding a copy in the drop box after the other 25 were rented! Picking out my chips and candy for the snacks. I just loved everything about it. Millennials ruined that. LOL In all seriousness, I miss that. I miss every part of it....
    Yeah but there’s prob apps available that can recreate all of that experience for you with half the authenticity and twice the expense!!

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Like this

Only the gentle are ever really strong.

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Yeah, I'm with you. And I just read that NBC is getting ready to launch their own streaming service, but if you already have a cable provider, it'll be free.

Picking out my chips and candy for the snacks. I just loved everything about it. Millennials ruined that. LOL In all seriousness, I miss that. I miss every part of it....
    I'm a millennial and think that millennials ruin most good things.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Take that back Mike! I love my dvd plan as well. How else will you be able to see whatever you want. Their streaming selection is so limited compared to what you can rent.
    I'm sorry, but it's true and just kind of makes sense. https://www.slashfilm.com/netflix-dvds/

I held on to it for as long as I could, especially since you originally were the one to send me the free trial, which I thought was so nice, but DVDs sat on my table for months collecting dust.

I prefer Redbox anyway.
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I know I've mentioned it before, but my parents owned a movie store in the 80's, so I grew up around movies. It's where my passion for film comes from. I used to love stocking the shelves and looking at all the box art.

I will say that I have no sympathy for Blockbuster. They killed the little guy and it's kind of poetic that they got killed by something bigger and better.

Anything obscure that is new that I can't find on Redbox, I rent on Google Play. They have a lot of deals and I usually have a gift card or something. Anything older I usually buy on laserdisc for 2 bucks. That's how I watched stuff like Gaslight, It Happened One Night and Bringing Up Baby last year.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Take that back Mike! I love my dvd plan as well. How else will you be able to see whatever you want. Their streaming selection is so limited compared to what you can rent.
    Their DVD selection is so superior to their online selection it's not even funny. So many obscure/foreign movies I would never have gotten the chance to see if it wasn't for their DVD plan.

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by fernandito View Post
    Their DVD selection is so superior to their online selection it's not even funny. So many obscure/foreign movies I would never have gotten the chance to see if it wasn't for their DVD plan.
    Yes! I don't know where I'll be able to find certain movies that I want to watch unless I want to go buy every single dvd. And that would add up pretty quickly. There's only been a small handful of films they haven't had that I've wanted to watch. Hopefully there's enough of us to keep it going. Or perhaps some other company will take it over if Netflix ever does decide to do away with it.
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Just watched two 2019 Netflix movies and am three episodes deep into S2 of The Punisher. Don't really care how they get their financing, Netflix is the best deal going, period.

I'd be okay with paying a little more if that meant their content would remain quality.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by WeDealInLead View Post
    Just watched two 2019 Netflix movies and am three episodes deep into S2 of The Punisher. Don't really care how they get their financing, Netflix is the best deal going, period.

I'd be okay with paying a little more if that meant their content would remain quality.
    Agreed. I've already said how much I appreciate Netflix just for the fact that we are getting films now on there that we can't find anywhere else. Roma is poised to win the Best Picture Oscar and it's a film you would never find in theaters. I know people had issues with films like Apostle and Hold the Dark, but they are both unique films that we just don't see at our theaters anymore.

My main issue is that I'm worried that their current business model isn't sustainable, regardless of upping the subscription fee a few bucks. Truthfully, I believe we will see ads soon, which will piss a lot of people off. Netflix is already conditioning users for ads by including trailers for some of the original content after watching a certain number of episodes in a row.

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

I'm thinking at least some of the money comes from product placement. I saw Coke and Mercedes in the Punisher S3. It was obvious but not detrimental to the story.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

So, this one looks very promising............

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post

Agreed!
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Brian861 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post

Agreed!
    I'm not trying to rain on anyone's parade here, but I should note that Triple Frontier has been in development off and on since 2010. I love the cast and J.C. Chandor's A Most Violent Year is one of my favorite films of the decade, but I'm a little apprehensive about this one.

Rabid Billybumbler Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of

Country
    Country Flag

Russian Doll is pretty solid. Binged it Friday.

Gunslinger Apprentice Earl of Popkin is just really nice Earl of Popkin is just really nice Earl of Popkin is just really nice Earl of Popkin is just really nice Earl of Popkin is just really nice Earl of Popkin's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Hey StillServant, this rich guy at FX addresses a few of the things we’ve wondered about Netflix transparency and their sustainability. He also mentions how Netflix has no legacy shows of their own...which I agree with. But he doesn’t mention that they thought they had one - it just happened to Star the ever so charming mr spacey

https://www.ign.com/articles/2019/02...d4788579000f4a

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Earl of Popkin View Post
    Hey StillServant, this rich guy at FX addresses a few of the things we’ve wondered about Netflix transparency and their sustainability. He also mentions how Netflix has no legacy shows of their own...which I agree with. But he doesn’t mention that they thought they had one - it just happened to Star the ever so charming mr spacey

Very interesting! Thank you for sharing. That certainly shines some light on Netflix and their "ratings". I had a feeling they were playing fast and loose with their stats when it comes to their ratings. Hopefully, they will start being a little more transparent with their findings.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Still Servant View Post

Very interesting! Thank you for sharing. That certainly shines some light on Netflix and their "ratings". I had a feeling they were playing fast and loose with their stats when it comes to their ratings. Hopefully, they will start being a little more transparent with their findings.
    Netflix logic:
    Me, to a cute girl named Rachel: “wanna go out some time?”
    Rachel: “no thank you”
    Me, later that night to my friends: “so I ran into my ex Rachel earlier...”

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Still Servant View Post

Netflix logic:
    Me, to a cute girl named Rachel: “wanna go out some time?”
    Rachel: “no thank you”
    Me, later that night to my friends: “so I ran into my ex Rachel earlier...”
    That's literally the perfect analogy for their strategy. Well done!

Country
    Country Flag

Man I am straight up struggling to get thru S2 of Punisher. I love the guy playing Frank, and the three women in his orbit this season are all fantastic...but what am I supposed to care about. Just seems like one cliched conversation after another and Jigsaw might officially be the shittiest villain the MCU has given us. I know Karen Page is gonna show up bc of the episode screen caps so I’m not stopping, but damn what a forgettable stakeless journey it’s been so far

Edit - just watched eps 10 & 11. Sweet Christmas they were good shit. Crisis averted

Country
    Country Flag

Wait I forgot about Diamondback from LCS1 - he’s def the worst villain

Breaker Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode's Avatar

Just finished up watching Making a Murderer pt 2. WOW.

I can't believe there are still people out there that think he's guilty. His new lawyer has completely shredded every piece of evidence they used to convict him.
    Hearts are tough, she said, most times hearts don't break, and I'm sure that's right . . . but what about then? What about who we were then? What about hearts in Atlantis?

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Iwritecode View Post

I can't believe there are still people out there that think he's guilty. His new lawyer has completely shredded every piece of evidence they used to convict him.
    I felt sorry for the kid.
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Breaker Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Brian861 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Iwritecode View Post

I felt sorry for the kid.
    Same. It's unbelievable how hard they are fighting to say that his totally coerced confession wasn't coerced. Probably because they know that if one gets out, the other one is getting out too.

I'm trying to figure out why in the world his mom signed off on the police talking to him without her being there. Unless she didn't know what she was signing at the time.
    Hearts are tough, she said, most times hearts don't break, and I'm sure that's right . . . but what about then? What about who we were then? What about hearts in Atlantis?

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

All of the Narcos seasons are really well done, but man I can only watch 1 or 2 eps a day max. There is just so much deception and murder, shit's draining lol.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 18 of 28 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 20 ... LastLast