Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 28 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 24 ... LastLast

Thread: Netflix

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

I don't think what they did would fall under that. They really should train cops more thoroughly about false confessions. And in the case of the West Memphis Three, prior to forcing a confession out of Jessie they interrogated an 8yr old. Went into extreme detail about the death of his friends and sexual acts that a young boy should not have to hear nor repeat. It's beyond disturbing. How can police interrogate such a young kid alone to begin with? There should be protection for minors, it shouldn't be something they have to ask for.
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

For a lot of them it's about getting the case off the books by any means necessary, not about truth and justice.

Citizen of Gilead RichardX is just really nice RichardX is just really nice RichardX is just really nice RichardX is just really nice RichardX is just really nice RichardX's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I watched the first episode of "Hill House." Have to admit that I was prepared to hate it, but it's interesting how they grafted a new story around the characters. So far, so good.

Gunslinger Apprentice Earl of Popkin is just really nice Earl of Popkin is just really nice Earl of Popkin is just really nice Earl of Popkin is just really nice Earl of Popkin is just really nice Earl of Popkin's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I saw Apostle last night

It’s a bit long and I was starting to lose interest about 30 minutes in. Then the last hour of that movie went down.

Is basically about a brother from a rich family infiltrating an isolated religious cult that is holding his sister for ransom.

Holy Christ was it nuts. Dan Stevens (Legion) is incredible. If they ever reboot Dead Zone, this guy would be a perfect Johnny Smith imo. Him and Gareth Evans are definitely a remarkable team and they should totally be the next Burton/Depp 2.0.

The movie gets insanely dark; graphic and gory in parts and just flat out intense in others. They do a great job of giving you a little bit of everything. Wow what a ride

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by RichardX View Post
    I watched the first episode of "Hill House." Have to admit that I was prepared to hate it, but it's interesting how they grafted a new story around the characters. So far, so good.
    Looking forward to binging this one as well.
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Anyone else get through a couple of
    The HHH episodes?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Some good horror films on Netflix right now. I see they have The Host on there and I'll definitely be watching that one.
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    Anyone else get through a couple of The HHH episodes?
    I'm hoping to watch some today at some point.
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

I only got about 15min in before I quit because it's nothing like the book, and I think was expecting at least somewhat of a resemblance. I'll have to go back and try again now knowing that it has nothing to do with the book because I've been hearing good things about it.

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Heather19 View Post
    I only got about 15min in before I quit because it's nothing like the book, and I think was expecting at least somewhat of a resemblance. I'll have to go back and try again now knowing that it has nothing to do with the book because I've been hearing good things about it.
    Try "Hilda", Heather. I think you'll love it. It's definitely got (very light) Halloween vibes but it's also amazingly sweet and adorable, pure comfort watching. Been renewed for Season 2, too. So happy!

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I saw the trailer and was like, "What a minute..." Because you're right. It doesn't look anything like the book. I haven't started the series yet, but it looks good. The book was great on atmosphere, but the characters and scares just didn't do it for me so if they change things in that regard, I don't think I'll be too terribly disappointed.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Citizen of Gilead RichardX is just really nice RichardX is just really nice RichardX is just really nice RichardX is just really nice RichardX is just really nice RichardX's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Anyone else get through a couple of
    The HHH episodes?

I'm through episode four and it is outstanding. Great acting. Creepy story. Interesting characters. Amazed at how good this turned out. It has almost nothing to do with the original book except they have cleverly used the original character names. There are elements of "The Shining" "Insidious" "Poltergeist" "Six Feet Under". The best horror show that I've seen in a long while.

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Earl of Popkin View Post
    I saw Apostle last night

It’s a bit long and I was starting to lose interest about 30 minutes in. Then the last hour of that movie went down.

Is basically about a brother from a rich family infiltrating an isolated religious cult that is holding his sister for ransom.

Holy Christ was it nuts. Dan Stevens (Legion) is incredible. If they ever reboot Dead Zone, this guy would be a perfect Johnny Smith imo. Him and Gareth Evans are definitely a remarkable team and they should totally be the next Burton/Depp 2.0.

The movie gets insanely dark; graphic and gory in parts and just flat out intense in others. They do a great job of giving you a little bit of everything. Wow what a ride
    I have two young, up-and-coming directors that I love - Jeremy Saulnier (Blue Ruin, Green Room) and Gareth Evans (The Raid franchise).

For Saulnier, I followed the production of Hold the Dark very closely and was very much looking forward to its Netflix release. For Evans, I somehow lost track of his next effort. Little did I know until this week that he too was about to release his next film on Netflix. The main reason for this is that Saulnier is very active on Twitter and Evans left the social media platform behind as he was filming Apostle.

I can't wait to take a look at it.
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

Quote Originally Posted by mae View Post
    Try "Hilda", Heather. I think you'll love it. It's definitely got (very light) Halloween vibes but it's also amazingly sweet and adorable, pure comfort watching. Been renewed for Season 2, too. So happy!
    I haven't heard of it, but I'll definitely look it up. Thanks!

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Apostle

I'm with Popkin. The Apostle is some good shit. If you're into fucked up movies, give this one a shot.

I have a thing for movies that take place during that time period. Movies like The VVitch and shows like Alias Grace I just eat up.

The atmosphere alone makes this one worth the watch. There is some imagery and sequences that will stay with me for quite some time.

I recommend watching this one late at night. I woke up on the couch at like 11 and I was like fuck it, I want to watch a movie. I think watching it that late at night and being half groggy added to my enjoyment.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Still Servant View Post
    Apostle

I'm with Popkin. The Apostle is some good shit. If you're into fucked up movies, give this one a shot.

I have a thing for movies that take place during that time period. Movies like The VVitch and shows like Alias Grace I just eat up.

The atmosphere alone makes this one worth the watch. There is some imagery and sequences that will stay with me for quite some time.

I recommend watching this one late at night. I woke up on the couch at like 11 and I was like fuck it, I want to watch a movie. I think watching it that late at night and being half groggy added to my enjoyment.
    Total disagreement here. That movie was trash. I was so excited to see it after it being recommended here.. then this weekend I tried it. What a silly outcome to a potentially good concept. 5/10

HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Gunslinger Apprentice Earl of Popkin is just really nice Earl of Popkin is just really nice Earl of Popkin is just really nice Earl of Popkin is just really nice Earl of Popkin is just really nice Earl of Popkin's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Apostle

Total disagreement here. That movie was trash. I was so excited to see it after it being recommended here.. then this weekend I tried it. What a silly outcome to a potentially good concept. 5/10

To each his own I suppose but calling it trash seems a bit strong. Was it the ending? Anyway I was pretty let down by Hold the Dark on Netflix so maybe you’d dig that one since we are now sworn Netflix enemies

Country
    Country Flag

Apostle

To each his own I suppose but calling it trash seems a bit strong. Was it the ending? Anyway I was pretty let down by Hold the Dark on Netflix so maybe you’d dig that one since we are now sworn Netflix enemies
    Lol I have to still watch Hold the Dark. I was not a fan at all of Apostle. In fact I almost hated it.... sorry
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Country
    Country Flag

Apostle

Lol I have to still watch Hold the Dark. I was not a fan at all of Apostle. In fact I almost hated it.... sorry
    I almost hated it during the first half, but once the prick dad fought that kid in the cabin, it was pretty much bonkers from then on for me.

Not Netflix related, but hate related...tried to watch Graveyard Shift and Firestarter this weekend and couldn’t get through either

Not hate related, but Netflix related...hot damn was HHH a great watch. Finished it last night and still thinking about it

Country
    Country Flag

Not hate related, but Netflix related...hot damn was HHH a great watch. Finished it last night and still thinking about it
    HHH is the shit! Finished watching it last night as well. Loved the soundtrack throughout.

Has Bird Box been talked about in here yet? I had no idea it was going to be a Netflix film. Can't wait for it to be released.

https://people.com/movies/first-look...d-box-netflix/

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Poe View Post
    Has Bird Box been talked about in here yet? I had no idea it was going to be a Netflix film. Can't wait for it to be released.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/people....x-netflix/amp/
    DAMMMMMMM!! I am PUMPED for this. I think this will be hard to film.. BUT if done right, could be amazing!
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Apostle

I loved Hold the Dark, but Web will NOT like Hold the Dark. I'm on the record right now.

What didn't you like about Apostle? I don't see how it's silly. They could have taken the easy way out and wrapped it up in a pretty bow like we've seen a million times. If that's what you're into. Cool.

Country
    Country Flag

Apostle

I loved Hold the Dark, but Web will NOT like Hold the Dark. I'm on the record right now.

What didn't you like about Apostle? I don't see how it's silly. They could have taken the easy way out and wrapped it up in a pretty bow like we've seen a million times. If that's what you're into. Cool.
    Oh no.... you don’t think I’ll like Hold eh? Damm was looking forward to that! Ummm, what didn’t I like? When it became apparent that the woman was a tree... and the blood was for her. Just silly to me. I loved the first bit until that... I thought that was a cop out. Maybe it’s cause I was expecting something else and that caught me off guard and in a bad way...??? Not sure but both me and my buddy rolled our eyes a LOT. Lol

HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Country
    Country Flag

anyone catch Hush or The Ritual? Both look really cool to me but Netflix tricks me constantly

SS? Web? Care to go on the record?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 28 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 24 ... LastLast