Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 20 of 44 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20 21 22 30 ... LastLast

Thread: Book Collection/Member Appreciation: Brian861

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

What an amazing surprise! From the box, they appear to be barrister bookcases, right? That’s awesome!
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Manni Folken The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

What a fantastic, thoughtful gift. Congrats Brian, couldn’t happen to a nicer person

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
    What an amazing surprise! From the box, they appear to be barrister bookcases, right? That’s awesome!
    Thanks, Patrick. I'm not very savvy in the way of bookcases. Adam mention this as well in the Bookcases thread. I did a Google search on them and it seems there are different styles and colors. Not sure what I have here but looking forward to breaking into them hopefully tomorrow. May change my mind once I start putting them together lol. Seriously, this is way more than I deserve so thanks again if you're out there!

Quote Originally Posted by The Library Policeman View Post
    What a fantastic, thoughtful gift. Congrats Brian, couldn’t happen to a nicer person
    Thanks, Alan! I really appreciate you saying that and I'm truly grateful and humbled by the experience.
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Honky Mahfah MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Cool

When will you start filling them up? That is a nice gift from whom ever sent it.

Prisoner of Gan Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Congrats, Brian! Can't wait to see those bookcases put together.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Wow!!! That is just beyond cool!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Servant of Gan jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute

Country
    Country Flag

Great thing happened to a great guy! Now I feel great!

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by MikeDuke View Post
    When will you start filling them up? That is a nice gift from whom ever sent it.
    Hopefully I can get to work on them later today, Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Staad View Post
    Congrats, Brian! Can't wait to see those bookcases put together.
    Thanks, Ben!

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    Wow!!! That is just beyond cool!!!!
    It really is, Kris. I would have never expect something like this.

Quote Originally Posted by jeffingoff View Post
    Great thing happened to a great guy! Now I feel great!
    LOL, thanks, Jeff. Not that great but it felt great to receive such a gift.
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Congrats Brian, awesome surprise!

Spoiler:
    Of course they should have sent them to me, I've got most of your books...
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by stroppygoblin View Post
    Congrats Brian, awesome surprise!

Spoiler:
    Of course they should have sent them to me, I've got most of your books...
    Thanks, Simon and so true! lol. We could have kept them on display at your place.

"And here, folks we have Brian's UK collection, which I put together for him "

Did you guess it was me? becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69's Avatar

The First Level of Hell - It's got a great view!
    Country
    Country Flag

What a super nice surprise!
    Wanted: Human skin edition of The Book of the Dead. Will accept PC copy.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by becca69 View Post
    What a super nice surprise!
    It really was! I'm beginning to wonder if there is some sort of weird conspiracy taking place here lol. First I claim that'll never be able to own any of Paul's books after Becca gives me shit about my awesome bookshelves and states, "Never say never". Chad sells me his extra HHH. Two bookcases mysteriously arrive several months later. I purchase an Artist Gift edition of Misery from Rick. Mere coincidence?

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks to Rick for my AGE copy of Misery. Tons of photos below in the spoiler tag:

Spoiler:

Manni Folken The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Nice, Brian. Love that edition

Goldmember Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody's Avatar

My Mood
    Chatty

Congrats pal!
    Looking for Mister Slaughter S/L #78

Country
    Country Flag

Some photos of the bookcases will all my SKs to date:

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

An Easton Press Dead Zone - you don't see those every day.

Nice collection.
    It seems I'm miles above the surface of the Earth

I can see across the whole of London and beyond

Servant of Gan jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute

Country
    Country Flag

NICE!

Country
    Country Flag

Another huge thanks to Ralph who has been helping me very patiently fill holes in my Hill collection:

Spoiler tagged this one due to the amount of photos:

Spoiler:

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks to Shannon for these:

Received these from an eBay seller by the name of petersbookshelf2013. This was the best packaging job by far that I've ever experienced from an eBay seller outside of our communities. Hell, maybe he is a member. Provides plenty of photos and the descriptions were spot on. Highly recommend checking his stuff out.

I'm thinking I really got taken to the cleaners on this copy. Although it's pretty nice IMO but probably nowhere near worth what I paid for it. The DJ is in great shape with some rubbing, the overall binding is still in great shape, and all the corners of the boards are sharp. The page block could be better. I can provide some additional photos later if you guys want to provide me with your opinions on it.

Honky Mahfah MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Cool

Some really great stuff there Brian.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Nice IT!! My fav!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

My Mood
    Cool

Probably in better shape than mine.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by The Library Policeman View Post
    Nice, Brian. Love that edition
    Thanks, Alan!

Quote Originally Posted by Father Cody View Post
    Congrats pal!
    Thanks, Adam and Wild Bill did reach out me.

Quote Originally Posted by St. Troy View Post
    An Easton Press Dead Zone - you don't see those every day.

Nice collection.
    Thank you! I need to get a slipcase from The Collector for it.

Quote Originally Posted by jeffingoff View Post
    NICE!
    Thanks, buddy!

Quote Originally Posted by MikeDuke View Post
    Some really great stuff there Brian.
    Thanks, Mike!

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    Nice IT!! My fav!!
    Thanks, Kris! I might send you detailed photos so I can get your opinion whether or not I got hosed. You being the IT guy and all

Maerlyn's Imp HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Fillin some gaps !

Also, those Barristers are righteous!

Congrats, buddy

+ Reply to Thread
Page 20 of 44 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20 21 22 30 ... LastLast