Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 44 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 ... LastLast

Thread: Book Collection/Member Appreciation: Brian861

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Guardian of the Beam peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

The Joe Hill road deepens... Congrats man..

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    Thanks, Bill!

Quote Originally Posted by peripheral View Post
    The Joe Hill road deepens... Congrats man..
    Thanks, Peri!
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

A gift from my Secret Santa. 1st appearance of In the Run Down from Hill:

This is a cool little book with an introduction by Hill:

UK Strange Weather Limited with a lightening bolt instead of number. Thanks, Glen!

And finally got my inscribed copy of the US Strange Weather:

You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Manni Folken The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

All great, Brian. Congratulations mate.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by The Library Policeman View Post
    All great, Brian. Congratulations mate.
    Thanks, Alan!

Gunslinger Apprentice dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Nice, Brian! Still need to get myself that stupid UK Strange Weather Limited. It's always something!

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

[QUOTE=It's always something![/QUOTE]

Truer words were never spoken! (or typed, in this case)
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by dnemec View Post
    Nice, Brian! Still need to get myself that stupid UK Strange Weather Limited. It's always something!
    I know! Currently it's the Weight of Words for me.

Honky Mahfah Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

VERY nice new books, CONGRATS Brian !!!

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Stockerlone View Post
    VERY nice new books, CONGRATS Brian !!!
    Thanks, Frank!

Guardian of the Beam peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Awesome adds. I also got that “Behind You” book - I love it, and my son does too.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by peripheral View Post
    Awesome adds. I also got that “Behind You” book - I love it, and my son does too.
    Thanks, Peri! It is a really cool book. I'm going to have to look into this Coldrick guy some more.

Weedeater Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack's Avatar

Very nice, Brian! Is there a story behind the lightning bolt Strange Weather Limited?

HBJ

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Hunchback Jack View Post
    Very nice, Brian! Is there a story behind the lightning bolt Strange Weather Limited?

HBJ
    Thanks, Jack! I believe it's the same as a PC copy.

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

I still have not read any Joe Hill.
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ur2ndbiggestfan View Post
    Shame on you! :-p

Si em, tow en can de lach jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Start with horns!

Sounds like a sharp book.

Later - I just remembered, I saw the movie version.

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

You should read the book. It’s one of my all time favorite novels.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by zelig View Post
    Shame on you! :-p
    Tell him, Paul!

Quote Originally Posted by jsmcmullen92 View Post
    Start with horns!
    Completely agree. Still my favorite of his outside of Locke & Key. But to be fair, I haven't gotten to SW or NOSA42 yet.

Si em, tow en can de lach jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Brian861 View Post

Quote Originally Posted by jsmcmullen92 View Post
    Start with horns!
    Completely agree. Still my favorite of his outside of Locke & Key. But to be fair, I haven't gotten to SW or NOSA42 yet.
    I found N0S4A2 a little slow and I was moving when I started reading it so I never finished. One day I'll go back to it but I was to read HSB first.

Citizen of Gilead Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Brian861 View Post
    Does Joe Hill write in one particular (I hate that word that starts with a 'g') style or type of story, or does he write westerns or hard-boiled detective stories or other things?
    I say he's more of a supernatural writer vs. downright horror. Weird tales and such. No westerns or detective stories really to date that I recall. But I'm no Hill expert by any means. Folks over on the Hill Thread could enlighten you a ton more I'm sure.
    The last time I saw him in October I asked him if he and any of his artist buddies had any interest in doing something for the Hard Case Crimes comic book line they have come out with. He said that he probably wouldn’t be interested in doing another comic line, even a limited five issue run, which is what HCC is doing. (Some great storie lines, and wonderful artwork for those who are interested).
    Joe DID say however that he might like to try a stand-alone novel for HCC. He has talked about being influenced by many of the same crime noir authors that spurred his dad into putting a couple of books out for HCC.
    Anything is possible!
    "Thanks, but no, it isn't a cowboy hat. It's a fedora. And yes, Indianna Jones is still socially relevant."

Country
    Country Flag

Well, whatever he does, I'm sure to buy it LOL. Who's publishing the HCC comics, Chris?

Good to see you here btw. It's been awhile.

Citizen of Gilead Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker's Avatar

The publisher is Titan. The have a list of all their titles at https://titan-comics.com/. Never planned on getting back into comics, but I love the HCC line. The only series I am not going to get is the Girl Who Kicked..... it is the only one that does nothing for me.

I have been around all the time, just quiet. Lots of changes on this end and not a lot of purchases!
    "Thanks, but no, it isn't a cowboy hat. It's a fedora. And yes, Indianna Jones is still socially relevant."

+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 44 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 ... LastLast