Voters
22. You may not vote on this poll
  • Adele - Set Fire to the Rain

11 50.00%
  • Hozier - Take Me to Church

11 50.00%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Great Music - Finals: 2010-2014 (Final 14 of 14)

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Default Great Music - Finals: 2010-2014 (Final 14 of 14)

For this playoffs poll, please choose one track to move on to the Tournament Finals as the representative of this time period in music.

IMPORTANT! Please do not simply vote on name recognition (or lack thereof) alone. Please do listen to each nomination and then make your choice. Even if you think you know a track well, it's still worth giving it a listen for a refresher.

The poll will run for twelve days. Discussion is greatly encouraged!

The nominees are (please let me know if any video doesn't play for you):

Adele - Set Fire to the Rain (2011)

Hozier - Take Me to Church (2013)

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Set Fire To The Rain
    It seems I'm miles above the surface of the Earth

I can see across the whole of London and beyond

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Two very solid songs, but Adele gets my vote.
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

"Take Me to Church" makes my goose bump.

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

I feel like I am getting to hear something very special each time it's played. The lyrics are poetry and the message behind them is timeless.

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Quote Originally Posted by pablo View Post
    It seems I'm miles above the surface of the Earth

I can see across the whole of London and beyond

Country
    Country Flag

If this were Adele's "Rolling in the Deep" I'd have more of a choice.

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

Agreed, this is my least favorite Adele single so far.

Prisoner of Gan Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

No vote for me in this bracket. Good luck to the competitors.

Millionth Post Club divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Voted Adele - Set Fire to the Rain (2011).

Caution: eye irritant Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by pablo View Post

Bump!
    All that's left of what we were is what we have become.

Demon of the Prim RainInSpain is a glorious beacon of light RainInSpain is a glorious beacon of light RainInSpain is a glorious beacon of light RainInSpain is a glorious beacon of light RainInSpain is a glorious beacon of light RainInSpain is a glorious beacon of light RainInSpain's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Take Me to Church
    One of the soul-touching tunes for me
    If you are going through hell - keep going

Not to go on all fours; that is the Law. Are we not Men?. T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Take Me to Church is overrated. I can think of at least a dozen other songs that deserved to be in the final ahead of it....

Adele - Set Fire to the Rain is the better song by far, and unquestionably the only real choice here!

I was raised Southern Baptist. I know what it's like to be told that I am going to hell every Sunday for something I have no control over. TMTC quickens the fibers of my being every time I hear it. I cannot state my love and gratitude for this song enough.

Caution: eye irritant Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy View Post
    I was raised Southern Baptist. I know what it's like to be told that I am going to hell every Sunday for something I have no control over. TMTC quickens the fibers of my being every time I hear it. I cannot state my love and gratitude for this song enough.
    Very poignant. I was raised in a devout Nazarene home. (I MAY have backslid.)
    All that's left of what we were is what we have become.

Weedeater jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Adele.

Country
    Country Flag

How is Adele leading by two?

Country
    Country Flag

Come on, Hozier, you can do it!

Robot Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave's Avatar

Take Me To Church

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

ditto

a formidable song

(love Adele, though... how sad...)

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by T-Dogz_AK47 View Post
    Take Me to Church is overrated. I can think of at least a dozen other songs that deserved to be in the final ahead of it....

Adele - Set Fire to the Rain is the better song by far, and unquestionably the only real choice here!
    Concur! Hands down the better song.
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

HO! HO! HO! Who wants to see Santa's Slay? Santa Claus is a jewel in the rough Santa Claus is a jewel in the rough Santa Claus is a jewel in the rough Santa Claus is a jewel in the rough Santa Claus's Avatar

My Mood
    Lurking
    Country
    Country Flag

Ho! Ho! Ho! Adele - Set Fire to the Rain is the only choice for Santa....
    He can see when you're sleeping....
    He knows when you're awake....
    Support the Haven Fund or you'd better watch out,
    Santa Claus is coming to town....

Country
    Country Flag

And we are tied with minutes to go

Someone break the tie, quick!

Stated votes appear to be tied 6-6, 7-6 in favor of "Rain" if we count Santa, who did not actually vote.

Country
    Country Flag

The poll has closed. The winner of the 2010-2014 time period is Adele - Set Fire to the Rain (2011).

It will represent this era in the Tournament Finals.

ugh, super shitty way to start the new year. I think I'm done.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast