Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 22 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast

Thread: Firestarter Rebound Edition

Rabid Billybumbler Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Since we're bouncing ideas, I think a quarter bound copy of The Stand in leather and faded denim would be kind of cool and relatively inexpensive.

Si em, tow en can de lach jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

What about some of the later works that never got a pretty version that deserve like Duma Key or 11/22/63 (Scribner one doesn't count).

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Needful Things all the way.
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

I love everyone's suggestions. I also think Misery is long overdue for a special edition.

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy View Post
    I love everyone's suggestions. I also think Misery is long overdue for a special edition.
    Another excellent choice, Tommy!
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Rabid Billybumbler Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

You know what? We may be getting off track here, and it's my fault as much as anyone's. This is Paul's project and doing a damn good job. I'll start a new thread for our own fantasy projects.

Demon of the Prim wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Love all the suggestions so far!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Wanted:
    Michael Whelan & DT Original Art

Did you guess it was me? becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69's Avatar

The First Level of Hell - It's got a great view!
    Country
    Country Flag

Honestly if Mark Ryden would come on board, I would love a Regulators/Desperation! It might be a bit pricey though
    Wanted: Human skin edition of The Book of the Dead. Will accept PC copy.

Servant of Gan firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66's Avatar

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by becca69 View Post
    Honestly if Mark Ryden would come on board, I would love a Regulators/Desperation! It might be a bit pricey though
    That would be crazy awesome! He's a bit of an odd duck, he just might do it. He makes enough money where he might just do it gratis because it's different.
    Looking for:
    - Philtrum Press Eyes of the Dragon RED #165
    - Fine Viking Eyes of the Dragon proof

Si em, tow en can de lach jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by firemonkey66 View Post
    That would be crazy awesome! He's a bit of an odd duck, he just might do it. He makes enough money where he might just do it gratis because it's different.
    Man I would pay top dollar for a Desperation/ Regualtors set with him

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

I didn't recognize Mark Ryden's name and just Googled him - pretty unique style and no doubt a talented man, but not quite my taste (I generally wouldn't want his art in a book I bought; I didn't like the Desperation/Regulators covers).

Having said that, for certain unreal things, I think he'd be just the person - I would like to see what he could do illustrating the otherworldly sections of Lisey's Story as well as the surprising stuff we see at the end of Revival; I can picture him going in a Bosch-like direction for these.
    It seems I'm miles above the surface of the Earth

I can see across the whole of London and beyond

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Lots of good ideas here everyone. It's funny, because I've locked down the artists on most of the titles mentioned here... I won't say anymore at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by east-tennessee View Post
    Anyone have any info on what the traycase will be like?

Brian..
    I have it planned. We just couldn't do a prototype in time for the photo shoot. The box will be classic, so as not to detract from the book. More on that later.

Quote Originally Posted by Beverly Marsh View Post
    Paul, I'm just curious as to how you got started on these projects?
    Is it something you've always thought about doing and went for it or decided on a whim one day?
    I like the thought process behind these things
    I'm also curious as to how I got started on this... I don't really have a clear, definitive answer for it. Not to get airy fairy, but in some ways I feel as if I've been guided toward it. You asked.... so here's a longish story for you.

Spoiler:

The first time I saw a rebound book, I was instantly drawn to it. I just loved the concept, and the fact that you could give such special treatment to a book that has meant so much to you. I don't remember when this was. Maybe a few years ago.

The way I felt about it, well it sort of peculated in my mind, and my initial thoughts were to take some of my favorite books, find a book binder, and have them rebind my copy just for myself. I even made some inquiries and got some quotes, and it was more than I could spend at the time.

Of course, I wanted to do Eyes, and I think the tipping point happened exactly a year ago when I forced myself to take a vacation. I had not been away on a vacation for many many years. A year ago, I was still trying to recover from some health issues I was going through and I was very stressed and anxious at the time. So I took this forced vacation and I drove up to the mountains. It was the first week of January 2016.

It was cold and rainy, and I was sitting in the hotel lobby with my computer. I had the idea to rebind EOTD several months prior, but I never did anything with it. I got stuck in my head and I kept telling myself, I can't do this. I don't know where to start or what to do, and I was basically stuck in this holding pattern for some time.

Then that day I was sitting in the lobby with my computer, and I was so tired of all the negative talk in my head and all the procrastinating, that I said, Paul, stop thinking.. Just do. So I went online, researched some bookbinders and fired off 10 emails. I was really anxious about it for some unknown reason but I just forced myself to do it.

Anyway, the rest is history. A few responded. I ended up going with the one who was most enthusiastic with it, and even though these are still early days, ever since then I feel as if I'm being guided down this path and I'm enjoying it immensely. It's way more work that I expected and I find myself spending hours every day on it, but I'm enjoying it.

Just going to throw out the title Pet Sematary (and walk away...)

I was thinking the same thing! First edition page blocks are relatively cheap, it's one of King's scariest and best stories, and Linda fennimore did an awesome job on the DJ art, maybe she could be convinced to be involved.
    I'm currently talking to Linda Fennimore on this.... and others as mentioned.

Servant of Gan Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by zelig View Post
    Lots of good ideas here everyone. It's funny, because I've locked down the artists on most of the titles mentioned here... I won't say anymore at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by east-tennessee View Post
    Anyone have any info on what the traycase will be like?

Brian..
    I have it planned. We just couldn't do a prototype in time for the photo shoot. The box will be classic, so as not to detract from the book. More on that later.

Quote Originally Posted by Beverly Marsh View Post
    Paul, I'm just curious as to how you got started on these projects?
    Is it something you've always thought about doing and went for it or decided on a whim one day?
    I like the thought process behind these things
    I'm also curious as to how I got started on this... I don't really have a clear, definitive answer for it. Not to get airy fairy, but in some ways I feel as if I've been guided toward it. You asked.... so here's a longish story for you.

Spoiler:

The first time I saw a rebound book, I was instantly drawn to it. I just loved the concept, and the fact that you could give such special treatment to a book that has meant so much to you. I don't remember when this was. Maybe a few years ago.

The way I felt about it, well it sort of peculated in my mind, and my initial thoughts were to take some of my favorite books, find a book binder, and have them rebind my copy just for myself. I even made some inquiries and got some quotes, and it was more than I could spend at the time.

Of course, I wanted to do Eyes, and I think the tipping point happened exactly a year ago when I forced myself to take a vacation. I had not been away on a vacation for many many years. A year ago, I was still trying to recover from some health issues I was going through and I was very stressed and anxious at the time. So I took this forced vacation and I drove up to the mountains. It was the first week of January 2016.

It was cold and rainy, and I was sitting in the hotel lobby with my computer. I had the idea to rebind EOTD several months prior, but I never did anything with it. I got stuck in my head and I kept telling myself, I can't do this. I don't know where to start or what to do, and I was basically stuck in this holding pattern for some time.

Then that day I was sitting in the lobby with my computer, and I was so tired of all the negative talk in my head and all the procrastinating, that I said, Paul, stop thinking.. Just do. So I went online, researched some bookbinders and fired off 10 emails. I was really anxious about it for some unknown reason but I just forced myself to do it.

Anyway, the rest is history. A few responded. I ended up going with the one who was most enthusiastic with it, and even though these are still early days, ever since then I feel as if I'm being guided down this path and I'm enjoying it immensely. It's way more work that I expected and I find myself spending hours every day on it, but I'm enjoying it.

Just going to throw out the title Pet Sematary (and walk away...)

I was thinking the same thing! First edition page blocks are relatively cheap, it's one of King's scariest and best stories, and Linda fennimore did an awesome job on the DJ art, maybe she could be convinced to be involved.
    I'm currently talking to Linda Fennimore on this.... and others as mentioned.
    First off let me say that I hope you're feeling better. I'm glad you took a vacation, even though it was forced it must have been well deserved after all of those years without one.
    I think I can speak for everyone else when I say that we're glad you decided to share these projects that obviously mean a lot to you as they mean a lot to us as well.
    Thanks for telling your story

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks Lori. I had a rough few years with my health but I'm feeling much better now.

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

I discussed adding a spot color to the full drawing with Steve and here's what he came up with. I am offering this as a 4th option. So if anyone who has ordered wants to change their first choice, please let me know.

EDIT: I'll need to hear back if anyone wants to change no later than tomorrow, let's say 12:00pm.

Did you guess it was me? becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69's Avatar

The First Level of Hell - It's got a great view!
    Country
    Country Flag

I love that your forced vacation turned into something special indeed. Not that I don't love the rebound books, but I think you could try for an original limited/lettered edition. It would be spectacular!
    Wanted: Human skin edition of The Book of the Dead. Will accept PC copy.

Demon of the Prim wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Oh man, this keeps getting better and better! You should have a PM from me momentarily
    Wanted:
    Michael Whelan & DT Original Art

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

I discussed adding a spot color to the full drawing with Steve and here's what he came up with. I am offering this as a 4th option. So if anyone who has ordered wants to change their first choice, please let me know.

EDIT: I'll need to hear back if anyone wants to change no later than tomorrow, let's say 12:00pm.

Yes! Switch me over.
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Beautiful...

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

I love that your forced vacation turned into something special indeed. Not that I don't love the rebound books, but I think you could try for an original limited/lettered edition. It would be spectacular!

Servant of Gan firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66's Avatar

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

Paul, I don't want to fill up this page with quotes, so I just want to say that all of this is awesome. I'm more than ecstatic to have gotten in on the ground floor of this journey because it looks like it's going to be incredible!

edit: I have to say, the news about Linda Fennimore is friggen sweet, but if you actually get Mark Ryden involved somehow, I will name my first born after you!
    Looking for:
    - Philtrum Press Eyes of the Dragon RED #165
    - Fine Viking Eyes of the Dragon proof

Servant of Gan Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Br!an View Post

Yes! Switch me over.
    I did too! Like the subtlety of the added color.

Banned needfulthings is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm in on this one.

Guardian of the Beam cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I am in on the new one as well - looks great (as they all do)
    Wanted:
    Gunslinger s/l #344
    Drawing of The Three s/l #344

“A good hockey player plays where the puck is. A great hockey player plays where the puck is going to be.” Wayne Gretzky

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Do "The Shining"? Rare, I know but it really needs a re-binding.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 22 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast