Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 22 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 ... LastLast

Thread: Firestarter Rebound Edition

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by AstroDad View Post
    "she who rolls her eyes."
    Rep points for that -so true!
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

Servant of Gan Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by stroppygoblin View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by AstroDad View Post
    "she who rolls her eyes."
    Rep points for that -so true!
    Smart man Astro. At least you know who the Boss is

Servant of Gan Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by zelig View Post
    Right. I'm just lining up future titles. I don't think I will do more than 2 a year. As a collector myself, I can sympathize with not wanting to be hit every other month or so with a new book to buy. And there is so much time involved working on these anyway.

In terms of pricing, every book will be different based on the bindings. I've done my best to keep the costs down and not compromise on quality. Many designer bindings can cost in the thousands. So I have to find a happy balance there.

Anyway, breathe easy folks. I won't bombard you.
    Whew. Thanks Paul. My heart rate did slow and my blood pressure did decrease after seeing this.

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Looking forward to reading the eye color story! Love all of the little surprises being thrown in!

Si em, tow en can de lach jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

You know I was wondering about that but didn't want to ask a dumb question. I only have the hard cover of the book and not the paperback so I was really confused while selecting my remarque why the eye was blue instead of green. Really looking forward to the explanation!

Banned needfulthings is an unknown quantity at this point

HARDCOVER

PAPERBACK

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

COOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL!
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

The color of her eyes is mentioned somewhere in the book. Can anyone find the line?

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Pretty clear in the book that Andy had green eyes, Vicky had blue eyes, and as pictured above and mentioned several times in the book, Charlie (Charlene Norma McGee) had blue eyes.

Rabid Billybumbler Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

I wonder if it was a conscious alteration for the PB to represent the book better, or a print/ink error that caused the original to be coloured incorrectly.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Theli View Post
    I wonder if it was a conscious alteration for the PB to represent the book better, or a print/ink error that caused the original to be coloured incorrectly.
    Perhaps Paul can ask the artist.

Quote Originally Posted by Theli View Post
    100,000 misprint? I don't think so...Then even the Taiwanese piracy got it wrong.

But then had second thoughts on the back cover.

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Yes I know what happened. I posted about this yesterday on Facebook. The story from Steve will be included as a special insert with the final book. The blue eyes on the paperback is a clue. It's no big secret though, and I've provided a short version below of what happened for those who want to see it now. I thought it was interesting.

Spoiler:
    The short version: There was no information provided as to the required color of the eyes. Steve thought green would go well with the flames. It was later discovered they were described as blue. So it was changed for the paperback. Full story will be a nice printed insert with the final book.

Rabid Billybumbler Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Cool! Thanks for the early spoil Paul!

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by zelig View Post
    Yes I know what happened. I posted about this yesterday on Facebook. The story from Steve will be included as a special insert with the final book. The blue eyes on the paperback is a clue. It's no big secret though, and I've provided a short version below of what happened for those who want to see it now. I thought it was interesting.

Spoiler:
    The short version: There was no information provided as to the required color of the eyes. Steve thought green would go well with the flames. It was later discovered they were described as blue. So it was changed for the paperback. Full story will be a nice printed insert with the final book.

In essence, the artist likely wasn't provided with an advance copy to read.

So the New Afterword was not the only correction in the 1st edition paperback.

Spoiler:
    Should the new art now have one eye green & one eye blue?

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by needfulthings View Post
    Should the new art now have one eye green & one eye blue?
    Too late!

For those who don't do Facebook, I received the completed original artwork today as well as the signed prints. One more thing down, two-hundred and eight to go. Or thereabouts.

Servant of Gan firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66's Avatar

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

Looking awesome, Paul. There's also a few new photos of a whole spread of blue-eyes-with-flames drawings on the dragonrebound website, if anybody hasn't been to that page in a while.
    Looking for:
    - Philtrum Press Eyes of the Dragon RED #165
    - Fine Viking Eyes of the Dragon proof

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Very cool!
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Demon of the Prim wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I like that the illustrations have blue eyes and the print green

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Wanted:
    Michael Whelan & DT Original Art

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Absolutely rockin'! This is shaping up to be another piece de resistance.

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

When I was setting up this photoshoot, I was fantasizing about going back in time to September 1980, and walking into a bookstore to find a display like this for Stephen King's newest book.

All the 1st edition copies are now in hand. Thanks Brian (Br!an) for helping out with sourcing these. The wood boards are in the process of being made, and we have about half done. That puts us slightly ahead of schedule on the boards.

More updates will follow when I have them.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

When is your projected ship date tentatively Paul?
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    When is your projected ship date tentatively Paul?
    Comfortably I'd say early June. If we can keep up the current pace, then possibly sooner.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 22 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 ... LastLast