Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 12 20 21 22

Thread: Firestarter Rebound Edition

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Quote Originally Posted by Brian861 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by St. Troy View Post
    This is complicated.
    1st World problems....
    Yeah; having set up hospitals and roads and potable water, we're left with this.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by needfulthings View Post
    So what you are saying is because someone relinquished the" It" due to price & owns EOTD & FIRESTARTER are screwed out of being able to buy any more books just because one book was to rich for their blood? Should this party be able to just pass on the one book & not loose their place?
    They aren't screwed. They made a decision knowing the repercussions. Perhaps they should have sold EOTD and Firestarter and kept IT. Life is full of difficult decisions...
    paper or plastic
    regular or decaff
    butter or margarine
    soup or salad

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    So what you are saying is because someone relinquished the" It" due to price & owns EOTD & FIRESTARTER are screwed out of being able to buy any more books just because one book was to rich for their blood? Should this party be able to just pass on the one book & not loose their place?
    They aren't screwed. They made a decision knowing the repercussions. Perhaps they should have sold EOTD and Firestarter and kept IT. Life is full of difficult decisions...
    paper or plastic
    regular or decaff
    butter or margarine
    soup or salad
    My comment proven
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Demon of the Prim lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I definitely prefer the method where the proven owner gets rights as opposed to the purchaser. I think it favors collectors over re-sellers, and as a collector, I like that.

For example, as a regular buyer of both Cemetery Dance and Sub Press books, I have always found it easier to coordinate matching copies of Sub Press titles. Miss a title? Cruise eBay and nab it, and the rights to the rest of the series are assured. I have exchanged many emails with Mindy at CD trying to request matching copies for books in a series and I don't think that either of us likes it very much. And it's usually not fruitful. It also makes me hesitate to buy CD books secondhand (at least ones that are part of a series), because then I'm beholden to that seller if I want future titles.

I do agree that with a publisher that essentially prints one run of very limited books, it puts you in a tight spot when an expensive book comes out. But I'm also too jealous of people with Dragon Rebound books to feel very sorry for them

I would also imagine that prototype or PC (or in this case RC) copies probably don't follow those rules, but I've never asked a publisher to match a PC copy for a series so I don't know...

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Yes, that's right. Although they aren't being 'screwed' out of anything. Makes me think of something my father used to say:

No tickey, no laundry.

Spoiler:

"tickey/ticky/tickie/tiki/tikki/tikkie = ticky or tickey was an old pre-decimal British silver threepenny piece (3d, equating loosely to 1¼p). The tickey slang was in use in 1950s UK (in Birmingham for example, thanks M Bramich), although the slang is more popular in South Africa, from which the British usage seems derived. In South Africa the various spellings refer to a SA threepenny piece, and now the equivalent SA post-decimalisation 2½ cents coin. South African tickey and variations - also meaning 'small' - are first recorded in the 19th century from uncertain roots (according to Partridge and Cassells) - take your pick: African distorted interpretation of 'ticket' or 'threepenny'; from Romany tikeno and tikno (meaning small); from Dutch stukje (meaning a little bit); from Hindustani taka (a stamped silver coin); and/or from early Portuguese 'pataca' and French 'patac'..."

Quote Originally Posted by jsmcmullen92 View Post
    Also in that boat how do you do it for re-sellers/stores? If they buy bulk of the Portfolio (I know different company but I would assume same rules apply) to sell at their store do they not get the same numbers next time because the end user bought them and now owns the rights to that number?
    In a case where a reseller received a publication from me, let's say the portfolio, they would receive the same numbers next time, and then it's up to them to sort it out with their customers.

Quote Originally Posted by T-Dogz_AK47 View Post
    And what about the current auction for the Prototype Firestarter? Does this mean that the auction winner will get first refusal on the Prototype of IT?
    Haven't really thought about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    paper or plastic
    regular or decaff
    butter or margarine
    soup or salad
    I agree. And the few people who have sold copies have not had any issues with transferring rights. Both buyer and seller have been delighted.

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

The runs are just too small for everyone to get what they want how they want it; that DR/SE attempts to be as fair and transparent about it as possible (including conversations here) will have to be enough, because it's all there is.

Curse your luck, but nothing else.

Goldmember ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I've bought all the rebound books and don't care for or collect portfolios but I keep my letter for all the books.

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

The Firestarter prototype auction ends today at 12pm Pacific time. Several bids have been received. It will be interesting to see where this ends up! Details here:

Firestarter Prototype Auction

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Default Firestarter Rebound Edition

We have a winner for the auction. A total of 10 bids were received. Final selling price is $3,400!

Congratulations to the winner!

Thank you to all those who participated.

Honky Mahfah MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Cool

Wow. That's impressive. To me.

Servant of Gan firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66's Avatar

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

3400 puts my bid to shame
    Looking for:
    - Philtrum Press Eyes of the Dragon RED #165
    - Fine Viking Eyes of the Dragon proof

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by MikeDuke View Post
    Wow. That's impressive. To me.
    It's impressive to me too.
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Demon of the Prim east-tennessee is just really nice east-tennessee is just really nice east-tennessee is just really nice east-tennessee is just really nice

Country
    Country Flag

Very nice Paul.........Great to see portions going to the less fortunate...........

Si em, tow en can de lach jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Shit that number ALMOST convinces me to sell mine...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 12 20 21 22