2017 Haven Foundation Fundraiser
+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13

Thread: Firestarter Rebound Edition

Manni Folken zelig has much to be proud of zelig has much to be proud of zelig has much to be proud of zelig has much to be proud of zelig has much to be proud of zelig has much to be proud of zelig has much to be proud of zelig has much to be proud of zelig has much to be proud of zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Br!an View Post
    They are beautiful. Are you going to laser etch the Title and/or art on them?
    Yes, that would be the next phase for the boards. Get the lazer engraving done, and then onto the bookbinder.

Weedeater Brian861 is a splendid one to behold Brian861 is a splendid one to behold Brian861 is a splendid one to behold Brian861 is a splendid one to behold Brian861 is a splendid one to behold Brian861 is a splendid one to behold Brian861 is a splendid one to behold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Awesome stuff, Paul!
    "Any area of collecting only becomes really worth it when shared with like minded people"-Alec aka Anonymous

Demon of the Prim HONKYTONKSMASH is a glorious beacon of light HONKYTONKSMASH is a glorious beacon of light HONKYTONKSMASH is a glorious beacon of light HONKYTONKSMASH is a glorious beacon of light HONKYTONKSMASH is a glorious beacon of light HONKYTONKSMASH's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Excitement Bump

Manni Folken zelig has much to be proud of zelig has much to be proud of zelig has much to be proud of zelig has much to be proud of zelig has much to be proud of zelig has much to be proud of zelig has much to be proud of zelig has much to be proud of zelig has much to be proud of zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Default Firestarter Rebound Edition

Good timing on the bump. I was about to post a production update today.

The board production is taking longer than expected. Jim underestimated the time needed to complete this many boards. He's spending a significant amount of time on each and getting them just right. Of course there's two per book so there is a lot to make. There are so many steps and so much manual labor than goes into making these wood boards and perfecting them.

Also some don't end up meeting quality requirements, so he has to make more than what was initially planned. This sort of stuff you don't know until you actually get deep into production.

He's looking to hire some help to move things along. We also have to wait for the last lot of cut wood to dry as it has to air dry. In the middle of it all, he is going to be away for three weeks teaching and giving classes. I am safely estimating another 3 months for completion.

Anyway.... thanks for your patience. I can tell you, it will be well worth the wait. The level of craftsmanship that is going into these books is astounding.

To leverage this time now waiting for the boards, the bookbinder is starting to prepare the page blocks and I am getting the laser engraving done on the boards that I do have on hand. So this will save us some time when all the boards are ready.

Everything else is in place. Signed prints, original illustrations, etc.

Demon of the Prim HONKYTONKSMASH is a glorious beacon of light HONKYTONKSMASH is a glorious beacon of light HONKYTONKSMASH is a glorious beacon of light HONKYTONKSMASH is a glorious beacon of light HONKYTONKSMASH is a glorious beacon of light HONKYTONKSMASH's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks for the update, brother. Just thinking about the craftsmanship going into these can make one downright giddy. Definitely worth the wait

Millionth Post Club needfulthings has a brilliant future needfulthings has a brilliant future needfulthings has a brilliant future needfulthings has a brilliant future needfulthings has a brilliant future needfulthings has a brilliant future needfulthings has a brilliant future needfulthings has a brilliant future needfulthings has a brilliant future needfulthings has a brilliant future needfulthings has a brilliant future needfulthings's Avatar

HOW IS THAT "FIRESTARTER" COMING ALONG?

LOOKS LIKE WE WILL ALL HAVE TO RELAX A WHILE LONGER ON OUR QUEST FOR THE "FIRESTARTER"

Citizen of Gilead wolfehr is a jewel in the rough wolfehr is a jewel in the rough wolfehr is a jewel in the rough wolfehr's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks for the update! Agree it's definitely worth the wait

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Wanted:
    DT I PC or Blank
    DT II Blank
    Michael Whelan & DT Original Art

"I'm pondering how many LOLs are needed to TAKE OVER THE WORLD!" Br!an has much to be proud of Br!an has much to be proud of Br!an has much to be proud of Br!an has much to be proud of Br!an has much to be proud of Br!an has much to be proud of Br!an has much to be proud of Br!an has much to be proud of Br!an has much to be proud of Br!an has much to be proud of Br!an's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by zelig View Post
    The board production is taking longer than expected. Jim underestimated the time needed to complete this many boards. He's spending a significant amount of time on each and getting them just right. Of course there's two per book so there is a lot to make. There are so many steps and so much manual labor than goes into making these wood boards and perfecting them.

Also some don't end up meeting quality requirements, so he has to make more than what was initially planned. This sort of stuff you don't know until you actually get deep into production.

He's looking to hire some help to move things along. We also have to wait for the last lot of cut wood to dry as it has to air dry. In the middle of it all, he is going to be away for three weeks teaching and giving classes. I am safely estimating another 3 months for completion.

Anyway.... thanks for your patience. I can tell you, it will be well worth the wait. The level of craftsmanship that is going into these books is astounding.

To leverage this time now waiting for the boards, the bookbinder is starting to prepare the page blocks and I am getting the laser engraving done on the boards that I do have on hand. So this will save us some time when all the boards are ready.

Everything else is in place. Signed prints, original illustrations, etc.
    Good wood is worth the wait.

As a woodworker, these boards are a very exciting part for me.
    Are you pondering what I'm pondering?

"I am eternal, child! I am the eater of worlds! And of children! And you are next! "

See what's in my eBay store!

Millionth Post Club needfulthings has a brilliant future needfulthings has a brilliant future needfulthings has a brilliant future needfulthings has a brilliant future needfulthings has a brilliant future needfulthings has a brilliant future needfulthings has a brilliant future needfulthings has a brilliant future needfulthings has a brilliant future needfulthings has a brilliant future needfulthings has a brilliant future needfulthings's Avatar

Brain This young lady would like to know....
    Spoiler:
    Are you the woodworker who gets wood from wood?

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

You walked right into that one Brian. ;-)

Thanks for your understanding everyone!

Bruce, maybe I should tell Jim to stop using a stick and kindling to scorch the boards. Might save some time.

Citizen of Gilead Beverly Marsh is a glorious beacon of light Beverly Marsh is a glorious beacon of light Beverly Marsh is a glorious beacon of light Beverly Marsh is a glorious beacon of light Beverly Marsh is a glorious beacon of light Beverly Marsh's Avatar

My Mood
    Devilish
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks for the update Paul. I love hearing about the inner workings and have no problem waiting. It's like Christmas all year 'round when you're a book collector

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks Lori. The bookbinder got the books today, so he can start preparing the page blocks. This will give us a jump on that while we're waiting for the rest of the boards.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13