Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 22 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 20 ... LastLast

Thread: Firestarter Rebound Edition

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    I disagree. These books are about the artists... not the people that make them. It would take away I thjnk

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I concur. The only two signatures that add to the book are from the artist, and the author. If a buyer wants Paul ( and others) to sign their personal copy and they are willing, that's great. Otherwise I say leave perfection alone.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    I disagree. These books are about the artists... not the people that make them. It would take away I thjnk

I concur. The only two signatures that add to the book are from the artist, and the author. If a buyer wants Paul ( and others) to sign their personal copy and they are willing, that's great. Otherwise I say leave perfection alone.
    Yep

HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Demon of the Prim wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I think this conversation is about what constitutes an artist rather than who should sign. It seems everyone agrees only the artists involved should sign.

For example, if the person making the boards hand picks and scorches each one to get a specific look and feel, does that count as art? I agree that anything made with a repeatable process doesn't count, but it seems there are a number of hand made, unique components involved. The tradition is obviously artist = illustrator.

At the end of the day I don't feel strongly either way.

Wanted:
    Michael Whelan & DT Original Art

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Paul is the ultimate arbiter. I know on the copy I purchased, I want it exactly as described. What the other buyers want is between them and Paul, but at some point, every single person involved in the process can't sign the book (who cut down the tree, etc.).

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

I'm intrigued as to why these signatures would take away from the book? If the book had originally been announced with all the signatures being talked about, would that have been a deal killer?

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy View Post
    I'm intrigued as to why these signatures would take away from the book? If the book had originally been announced with all the signatures being talked about, would that have been a deal killer?
    I speak for myself having purchased one. Paul has obviously put quite a bit of thought into this project. "Too many cooks spoil in the kitchen spoil the broth" comes to mind.
    I can't answer the hypothetical question myself, as the project has been announced, and I like it as it is.

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

I don't think everyone should sign.

Stephen Stroud should sign.

Any artisan can affix his trademark.

If buyers would like Paul's signature then they should ask him for it.
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Demon of the Prim wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I'm pretty sure I'm with Brian, but agree it's ultimately Paul's decision. Hell obviously make the right one

Wanted:
    Michael Whelan & DT Original Art

Servant of Gan firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66's Avatar

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm personally going to open the box and have the mailman that delivers the package to me sign the book.

Just kidding, I'm good with whatever Paul wants to do. It's going to be awesome either way.
    Looking for:
    - Philtrum Press Eyes of the Dragon RED #165
    - Fine Viking Eyes of the Dragon proof

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Quote Originally Posted by wolfehr View Post
    I think this conversation is about what constitutes an artist...
    It's worth pointing out that, were this a run-of-the-mill (woodworking pun not intended) copy of Firestarter, no one here would be interested in it at all - it is precisely the work of the craftsmen behind this edition's unique qualities that make it a subject of interest at all.
    Eastasia has always taught college students to feel pride or shame according to their race.

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Quote Originally Posted by firemonkey66 View Post
    I'm personally going to open the box and have the mailman that delivers the package to me sign the book.
    This reminds me of something: I ordered a CD (a music album, not audio book etc.) from overseas (it was not widely available, not on Amazon etc.), and the mailing form on the box contained customs information, which required a signature. Turns out, the signature was that of the main guy (song writer/vocalist/guitarist) in the band - I basically have an artist's signature in the form of a simple piece of mail (yes, I saved the box).
    Eastasia has always taught college students to feel pride or shame according to their race.

Banned needfulthings is an unknown quantity at this point

firemonkey66
    "I'm personally going to open the box and have the man that delivers the package to me sign the book."

HEY... BUDDY! ARE YOU SURE YOU WANT ME TO SIGN THAT THING?
    Spoiler:

Citizen of Gilead bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by St. Troy View Post
    This reminds me of something: I ordered a CD (a music album, not audio book etc.) from overseas (it was not widely available, not on Amazon etc.), and the mailing form on the box contained customs information, which required a signature. Turns out, the signature was that of the main guy (song writer/vocalist/guitarist) in the band - I basically have an artist's signature in the form of a simple piece of mail (yes, I saved the box).
    That's pretty cool. Who was the musician?

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Quote Originally Posted by bdwyer19 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by St. Troy View Post
    That's pretty cool. Who was the musician?
    Since you asked, I will abuse the opportunity to plug the band:

The band is Traffic Experiment: http://www.trafficexperiment.net/

The musician is Stuart Chalmers.

The "sampler" video (which is quite good) for their only (as yet) full album (Blue Suburbia) is: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GHU0MTxd1Cs (go ahead, give the guys 3:22 of your time; this is a nice cross sample of the album's various moods and is set to some simple but evocative video). I think they call themselves "art rock," some call it prog, but I find it a bit more radio-friendly (not in a bad way) than much prog.

All of the songs from Blue Suburbia can be heard at: http://shop.trafficexperiment.net/album/blue-suburbia

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

From the FB page : "The next three books are confirmed.... what could they be?"
    >>> https://www.facebook.com/dragonrebou...23162271325033

Get your wallet ready between the CD books, the PS Publishing ones, those and potential others !
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
    ------------------------------------------------

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by herbertwest View Post

Get your wallet ready between the CD books, the PS Publishing ones, those and potential others !
    I did a pre-buy of the CD books so I am safe.. and cannot stand the PS ones so I am not buying them.. so I am safe
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Si em, tow en can de lach jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

I did a pre-buy of the CD books so I am safe.. and cannot stand the PS ones so I am not buying them.. so I am safe
    Yup but still have to order the portfolios per book

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jsmcmullen92 View Post

Yup but still have to order the portfolios per book
    lol true
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Servant of Gan firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66's Avatar

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

Pretty exciting that the 2nd book is just going into production and we already know that there will be at least 3 more. This is going to be a hell of a set.
    Looking for:
    - Philtrum Press Eyes of the Dragon RED #165
    - Fine Viking Eyes of the Dragon proof

Servant of Gan Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Can't wait to see what they are! I just hope there's a little relief in between.

Did you guess it was me? becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69's Avatar

The First Level of Hell - It's got a great view!
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Beverly Marsh View Post
    Can't wait to see what they are! I just hope there's a little relief in between.
    Yes, I'm hoping they are too!
    Wanted: Human skin edition of The Book of the Dead. Will accept PC copy.

Goldmember ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by becca69 View Post
    Yes, I'm hoping they are too!

I also hope there is a lot of relief between books. I am thrilled to be in on these books but if there are going to be multiple books each year I hope the price is more in line with the first book and doesn't grow exponentially with each book as it seems to have done with the second. I would be heartbroken to have to opt out.

Country
    Country Flag

I think Paul mentioned no more than 2 a year but I am sure he will chime in. The amount of work he has to put in... wouldnt be any sooner I am sure! haha
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Right. I'm just lining up future titles. I don't think I will do more than 2 a year. As a collector myself, I can sympathize with not wanting to be hit every other month or so with a new book to buy. And there is so much time involved working on these anyway.

In terms of pricing, every book will be different based on the bindings. I've done my best to keep the costs down and not compromise on quality. Many designer bindings can cost in the thousands. So I have to find a happy balance there.

Anyway, breathe easy folks. I won't bombard you.

Citizen of Gilead AstroDad is a name known to all AstroDad is a name known to all AstroDad is a name known to all AstroDad is a name known to all AstroDad is a name known to all AstroDad is a name known to all AstroDad's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Count me among those that would be heartbroken if these books go north of 1k and I have to bow out. Maybe if it were once a year, but twice? I can't justify that to she who rolls her eyes.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 22 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 20 ... LastLast