Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Pennywise: The Story of It (1990) documentary

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Default Pennywise: The Story of It (1990) documentary

http://www.dreadcentral.com/news/203...stephen-kings/
    Around these parts we’re HUGE fans of the television adaptation of Stephen King’s IT, but one of our contributors, John Campopiano (Unearthed & Untold: The Path to Pet Sematary), is a SUPER fan! Thus far he’s written several retrospectives on the film for us, and now he and Dead Mouse Productions (You’re So Cool, Brewster! The Story of Fright Night) have a film version on its way!

“We’re in full pre-production mode on an in-depth examination of Stephen King’s IT the miniseries, book, and legacy of Pennywise the Clown,” Campopiano tells us. “We’re also going to delve into the impact Tim Curry’s portrayal of Pennywise has left on horror films and popular culture in general by looking at coulrophobia (i.e., fear of clowns) and the recent uptick of clown scares across the country. What’s more, we’ll be paying serious attention to the three prongs we see as critical to telling the story of this film: stories from the cast, crew, as well as the stories that lie hidden under the surface in the local communities in which IT was filmed. Our search for behind-the-scenes content is also well under way and—even at this early stage—we’re really pleased with what we’re digging up.”

John continues, “As far as talent involvement, we’re still very much building our list, talking with people, and gauging interest and availability, so for that reason we’ll keep most names close to the vest for now. However, we do feel comfortable announcing that director Tommy Lee Wallace, special makeup effects supervisor Bart Mixon, and miniseries associate producer Mark Bacino are all on board. The list is growing every day, and we anticipate giving fans a lot to be excited about in terms of talent interviews.”

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

http://screenrant.com/tim-curry-penn...t-documentary/
    In today’s divided social climate, there are but a few things that can manage to unite most. One such sentiment is that despite their supposed goal of making children laugh, clowns are creepy. There’s just something about them that gets the under the skin of many, whether it be their painted-on grins, or garish make-up. Over the years, the world of pop culture has played host to more than one malevolent clown, but few are as famous as Pennywise, the favored form of the shape-shifting antagonist of Stephen King’s classic novel IT.

Director Andy Muschetti is set to bring King’s story to the big-screen this fall, but of course, that won’t be the first time Pennywise has been immortalized on film. That happened back in 1990, when IT was adapted into a two-part TV miniseries for ABC. While opinions on the quality of the overall miniseries vary, one aspect most agree on is that Tim Curry’s performance as Pennywise was excellent, with the veteran actor managing to turn on a dime from over-the-top joker to bone-chilling monster.

Curry’s Pennywise has become Internet shorthand for the very concept of a scary clown, and it’s arguably his most iconic role of all-time, depending on one’s opinion of Curry’s work in The Rocky Horror Picture Show. Oddly enough though, Curry has never really publicly discussed what it was like to play Pennywise, or his experience making IT as a whole. Thankfully, that’s all about to change, as Bloody Disgusting reports that Curry is set to participate in Pennywise: The Story of IT, an upcoming feature-length documentary looking at the creation of the miniseries.

The documentary is being produced by the UK’s Dead Mouse Productions, who’ve previously produced feature-length retrospective docs about fellow horror flicks Hellraiser and Fright Night. Despite IT (1990)’s high-profile status in recent history, this will be the first time an extensive behind-the-scenes feature has been made concerning the miniseries, outside of an audio commentary track on the DVD and Blu-ray release. That track featured director Tommy Lee Wallace and a few scattered cast members, but did not include comments from Curry.

It’s unclear at the moment just how many other members of the IT (1990) cast and crew will end up appearing in Pennywise: The Story of IT, but Curry is obviously the biggest get one could ask for, and one assumes that him coming aboard will be followed by most of the other important players. Dead Mouse’s other horror documentaries have been quite extensive, so it’s likely that they’ll attempt to get interviews with just about everyone. Between this and Muschetti’s movie adaptation, it’s shaping up to be a great year for IT devotees.

Country
    Country Flag

Hannibal CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

For some reason they're not accepting Discover. I've sent messages but I haven't received any replies. If anyone would be willing to purchase a Blu-ray perk for me and have it sent to my address I can Paypal you the money.
    A hound will die for you, but never lie to you. And he'll look you straight in the face.

My Collection

Country
    Country Flag

Hannibal CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I'm sure this will be good but that trailer was NOT the way to sell it. Why they had that blonde woman singing (is she even related to the film?) as opposed to showing off Tim Curry and the other actors is beyond me.
    A hound will die for you, but never lie to you. And he'll look you straight in the face.

My Collection

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Default IT: The Miniseries Exhibit

Perhaps this has already been posted, but I haven't seen it around, so:

http://frightmareinthefalls.com/it-t...ill-haunt-you/
    It seems I'm miles above the surface of the Earth

I can see across the whole of London and beyond

Goldmember Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody's Avatar

My Mood
    Chatty

Cool. Hadn’t heard of it.
    Looking for Mister Slaughter S/L #78

Country
    Country Flag

https://bloody-disgusting.com/home-v...tely-glorious/
    In the Fall of 1990, 27 years(!) before his arrival on the big screen, Pennywise was unleashed on television audiences with a mini-series adaptation of Stephen King’s IT, and the upcoming documentary Pennywise: The Story of IT will be diving deep into the sewers of Derry to tell the true stories behind the clown that terrified a generation.

The doc is coming soon, and the incredible Blu-ray art has been revealed today!

With over 50 interviews with cast & crew as well as over 700 never-before-seen photos from the production, the fan funded documentary from director Chris Griffiths aims to “tell a story heard by few and showcase a wealth of behind-the-scenes footage and photos seen by even fewer.”

From exploring the historical and cultural phenomenon of coulrophobia (the fear of clowns) to Tim Curry’s magical portrayal of Pennywise the Clown to the impact Vancouver (aka “Hollywood North”) had on the 1990 made-for-TV miniseries, The Story of IT will dig deeper into the Pennywise phenomenon than anything ever has before.

Be sure to follow Pennywise: The Story of IT on Facebook for regular updates.

Country
    Country Flag

Love love love that art, already ordered the t-shirt from teevillain.

My Collection

Country
    Country Flag

Here it is:

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Looks good!
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Pretty cool stuff. thx 4 posting.

Country
    Country Flag

Looks great. Love that the miniseries is getting its due.

My Collection

Country
    Country Flag

https://variety.com/2021/film/market...ry-1235077158/

The documentary will receive its world premiere on Oct. 15 at The Sitges International Fantastic Film Festival of Catalonia.

My Collection

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Awesome.
    It seems I'm miles above the surface of the Earth

I can see across the whole of London and beyond

Gunslinger Apprentice georgiesarm is on a distinguished road

Did anyone else pledge for a bluray copy on their crowdfunding? I'm reading now on their Indiegogo (in rather broken English) that they will only have physical copies made if they can get a distribution deal, even though I already paid for a physical copy. Isn't this kinda heinous?

Once a distribution deal is made we will have funding to make for physical copies are reality.

Country
    Country Flag

I can't think of any scenario where they would go "Well, we can't find distribution, sorry everyone". They've already crowdfunded and successfully released other documentaries in the past.

My Collection

Gunslinger Apprentice georgiesarm is on a distinguished road

True, but this one took 3 years longer than initially planned, so they may have gone way over budget. And their own words say they will only be able to press blu rays if they find someone to invest in the distribution

Country
    Country Flag

They didn't go over budget. They've been giving updates, they lost ten months of time due to the covid lockdown among other issues.

My Collection

Traveler CharlotteW is on a distinguished road

Masterclass!
    This must be cool

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
    ------------------------------------------------

Country
    Country Flag

Pennywise: The Story of IT will open in select theaters beginning July 8 before releasing on VOD and Screambox on July 26.

My Collection

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by CyberGhostface View Post

Pennywise: The Story of IT will open in select theaters beginning July 8 before releasing on VOD and Screambox on July 26.
    Very cool
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast