Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free

Thread: Happy Veterans Day 2016

Goldmember Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Default Happy Veterans Day 2016

Thank you to all our Veteran members here and your service. Also, thank you to your families for their support. It takes a village.

Mulleins
    I'm the caretaker of Room 217..............I've always been the caretaker of Room 217

Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

nice post Ralph

Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.
    Luke : Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand

Two Gunslingers Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

I feel very disillusioned this Veteran's day. I served and all members of the Military serve for the communal good of all people in our country. In this age of openly (and often proudly) displayed hate, prejudice and insularity for one's own "Members-only" group, the selfless act of Military service (for the good and protection of the All) is in my eyes diminished.

I question my decision to have served for "them," they that hate and are divisive, and I am personally ashamed that I am beginning to behave just like they do, something that I strongly do not believe in (hate, division, prejudice, discrimination, and selfishness)
    Wanted
    CD Carrie Portfolio 719
    Dark Tower S/N LE's 171 or 203
    ANY Stephen King S/N LE #171 or 719

A Storm of Swords #218 or 346
    Ancillary Justice #455
    American Gods (+ SC Reader copy) #624

Michael Whelan original art
    DT VII: Michael Whelan Remarque

Goldmember Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

I started the thread to honor my family members and the family members of others who served. Can we keep this thread at that? Please?

Mulleins
    I'm the caretaker of Room 217..............I've always been the caretaker of Room 217

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Rahfa View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Room 217 Caretaker View Post
    I started the thread to honor my family members and the family members of others who served. Can we keep this thread at that? Please?

Mulleins
    I'm a veteran, and the answer is no.
    Prayers and good thoughts headed your way!!!! Take the high road.

Prisoner of Gan Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

To anyone that served directly or as a family member of someone serving I would like you to know how truly appreciative I am of your service to this great Country. Thank you so much.

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Mulleins
    I've never been that guy, but in this case someone has to be:

BACK TO ORIGINAL TOPIC PLEASE.

Thank you to all American veterans (including 4 of my uncles (WWII) and my father in law (Vietnam)) for their sacrifice, the value and depth of which is beyond measure and must never be forgotten.

Of course, this includes you, Rafha, but my gratitude does not dim my notice of a tastelessly out of place comment in what is (or could have been) a solemn and apolitical thread. I have no problem with your views, but I do have a problem with your decision to place them here (plenty of other threads for such comments - crap in the toilet, not on the floor) and your refusal of the simple request Room 217 should never have had to make in the first place.

If you wish to engage me on these points, I invite you to do so through private message so as not to further contaminate this thread.

Room 217, I apologize for my own long digression, but I felt it was necessary and in keeping with the spirit of the original post.
    It seems I'm miles above the surface of the Earth

I can see across the whole of London and beyond

Two Gunslingers Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Definitely not trying to politicize a thread of goodwill. Just reflecting on how I felt this veterans day. It is our day, after all. This is a public message board as well. Perhaps I am a little maudlin because I won't be getting a free dinner today due to working a double shift at two jobs or maybe I'm just too emotionally hung over.

I served in the US Navy aboard the USS Tripoli LPH 10, you might remember her as she got a hole blown in her side by an iraqui mine in Gulf war 1. She also served in the Somalia operation that the movie Black Hawk Down was based on.

Thanks to all have served and even more for those who have died.
    Wanted
    CD Carrie Portfolio 719
    Dark Tower S/N LE's 171 or 203
    ANY Stephen King S/N LE #171 or 719

A Storm of Swords #218 or 346
    Ancillary Justice #455
    American Gods (+ SC Reader copy) #624

Michael Whelan original art
    DT VII: Michael Whelan Remarque

Servant of Gan Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Yes, a salute to all the vets. Coming from a long line of them, among them my Dad in WWII, grandfather in WWI and on back, we were brought up to respect the military and the sacrifices they make.

Caution: eye irritant Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

My thank you to all Veterans; to those who are with us and those who have passed.
    All that's left of what we were is what we have become.

Rabid Billybumbler Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

It's known as Remembrance Day here, but serves the same purpose; to respect and salute those who fought for our countries and freedom. So thank you to all the vets this side of the border, that side of the border and across the ocean.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by St. Troy View Post

Mulleins
    I've never been that guy, but in this case someone has to be:

BACK TO ORIGINAL TOPIC PLEASE..
    The original topic was "happy veteran's day." I referred to Veteran's Day in my post, and gave my thoughts about observing it. I am on topic.
    The title said "Happy..." and most anyone could understand it would be a tribute to any and all U.S. military veterans. It wasn't meant to comment on the current or future Commander in Chief.
    You should have (and there is no problem doing so) commented in the Random Comments thread, or the Political discussion thread.
    IMO, you took a shit on a well respected member's thread. Rather than give you negative reputation in private (I would of course disclose it was me), I'll say I've lost a great bit of respect for you as a DT.Org member.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

After reading the negative posts here I was going to refrain from posting. However, given that a few others have expressed their views regarding the negativity as it pertains to a tribute thread I wanted to go ahead and convey my own personal gratitude and admiration for those who decide to defend this great nation in peace time or war time. My sincere thanks and appreciation to all military personnel for your service this Veteran's Day!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Gunslinger Apprentice ke7285 will become famous soon enough ke7285 will become famous soon enough ke7285's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Thank's to all men and women who served and there family. Proud to say I am a American and served USN 4 years.

Rabid Billybumbler Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold

"Thank you for your service...I mean, don't say anything uncomfortable or harsh or that lets a little raw emotion into the world on the day supposedly designed to honor people like you, so really just keep your mouth shut because our precious sensibilities might be offended, so just stand like a mute statue that we can all honor with our high praise but don't make it awkward for us in any way...but hey, don't get me wrong, thank you for your service."

Citizen of Gilead Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker's Avatar

For transperency sake, I just issued Rahfa a negative rep point for his last comment. I also identified myself in the comment. I just dont understand why there is the need to make me feel "awkward or uncomfortable" about my service.

I am proud of what I accomplished in the army. I joined to serve and protect my NATION, not any one leader or political party. No-one who has served, or supported those who serve should ever be made to feel as if the should appologize for it.
    Or worse, feel ashamed.
    "Thanks, but no, it isn't a cowboy hat. It's a fedora. And yes, Indianna Jones is still socially relevant."

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Rahfa, are you done yet? You've made your feelings on the topic well known by now.

Now, go away.

Rabid Billybumbler Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold

I think it's funny that a veteran was told to "go away" on a veteran's day thread.

I've deleted my posts because I'm so sorry I invaded everybody's safe spaces and I'll make sure to be only politically correct and socially acceptable in the future as we continue to discuss the writings of a fiction writer while the real world falls apart around us. I would say any feelings of lost respect are very mutual.

Rabid Billybumbler Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Not everyone needs to agree with you. And even though most of us do, repeating your view point over and over on a message board, especially one mostly dedicated to non-political subjects, isn't going to achieve anything except piss people off. If you feel so strongly about it do something instead of just shouting at the world.

Citizen of Gilead bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Agreed. One post to make your point would have been sufficient. Repeat the same argument, and you come off looking like a jerk. I'm sorry you feel the way you do, Rafha. I never served, but have tremendous admiration for anyone who would be willing to put their life on the line for this country.