Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Laird Barron

Guardian of the Beam peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Default Laird Barron

Over the past couple of years, I've been increasingly interested in Laird's work and, with the recent publication of his newest collection of short stories "Swift to Chase", I thought I'd start this thread. I know there's at least a couple of fans out there on TDT.

For those new to Laird, he's most probably best known for his Lovecraftian / "Weird fiction" themes, but he also moves into pulp and crime noir. I'm a relatively new fan - I first got turned onto his name over a year ago after I opted into a Kickstarter "I Am The Abyss" (due to be released early next year), in which Laird has a story. I then went on a hunt for some of his work and started with his first short story collection, "The Imago Sequence and Other Stories", which just blew me away. Layered, bizarre, quiet horror - often reminded me of a David Lynch movie in where the mundane and suburban conceals a darkness just beneath the surface. His story "The Procession of the Black Sloth" still creeps me out today, and I keep returning to it. To me, he's one of the most interesting names in contemporary horror fiction.

As far as I am aware, he has 4 short story editions:
    - The Imago Sequence and Other Stories (2009)
    - Occultation (2010)
    - The Beautiful Thing That Awaits Us All (2013)
    - Swift To Chase (2016)

Two novels:
    - The Light Is The Darkness (2011)
    - The Croning (2012)

As far as collectibles / signed limiteds go, there are very few productions that I am aware of. I do know there is a signed limited edition for "The Light Is The Darkness", and his name is to a few S/L's for other author's work for whom he has written an introduction.

For those interested, here's some great You Tube clips from Lovecraft eZine which deal with Laird's work:

The Lovecraft eZine Panel Talks With Laird Barron

Notes On The Work Of Laird Barron

Gunslinger Apprentice FennyBate is on a distinguished road FennyBate's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Really love the majority of LB's work. Will post some bits and pieces to the thread, later today.

Demon of the Prim RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65's Avatar

He also has a signed/numbered hardcover short-story collection as part of the LITTLE BOOKS OF… series put out by Borderlands Press.

Country
    Country Flag

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

Country
    Country Flag

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

Guardian of the Beam peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Brilliant Lincoln - did you grab those from publisher at time of release, or secondary market? I didn't realise he's already been the subject to a tribute book - is it an S/L??

Quote Originally Posted by RC65 View Post
    He also has a signed/numbered hardcover short-story collection as part of the LITTLE BOOKS OF… series put out by Borderlands Press.
    Cheers RC65, just looked this up. Looks like a nice volume - shame about the errata omitting the ending of "D T".

Country
    Country Flag

From the publisher, Antoni. The hardest to find was 'The Imago Sequence'.
    If anyone wants to try Barron, I'd strongly suggest reading his collections in order. More and more of his Mythos is revealed as you go along.

Country
    Country Flag

Interview with Laird here: http://www.wheredarknessdwells.com/d...ird-barron-pt1
    Part 2 also available. He has certainly lived an interesting life!

Rabid Billybumbler Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Laird is an author I've been interesting in for a while, but have yet to read his works. Maybe it's time I change that.
    FennyBate (great name by the way, just read Ghost Story first time a few weeks ago), those S/L books look outstanding. Beautiful editions.

+ Reply to Thread