Over the past couple of years, I've been increasingly interested in Laird's work and, with the recent publication of his newest collection of short stories "Swift to Chase", I thought I'd start this thread. I know there's at least a couple of fans out there on TDT.

For those new to Laird, he's most probably best known for his Lovecraftian / "Weird fiction" themes, but he also moves into pulp and crime noir. I'm a relatively new fan - I first got turned onto his name over a year ago after I opted into a Kickstarter "I Am The Abyss" (due to be released early next year), in which Laird has a story. I then went on a hunt for some of his work and started with his first short story collection, "The Imago Sequence and Other Stories", which just blew me away. Layered, bizarre, quiet horror - often reminded me of a David Lynch movie in where the mundane and suburban conceals a darkness just beneath the surface. His story "The Procession of the Black Sloth" still creeps me out today, and I keep returning to it. To me, he's one of the most interesting names in contemporary horror fiction.

As far as I am aware, he has 4 short story editions:
- The Imago Sequence and Other Stories (2009)
- Occultation (2010)
- The Beautiful Thing That Awaits Us All (2013)
- Swift To Chase (2016)

Two novels:
- The Light Is The Darkness (2011)
- The Croning (2012)

As far as collectibles / signed limiteds go, there are very few productions that I am aware of. I do know there is a signed limited edition for "The Light Is The Darkness", and his name is to a few S/L's for other author's work for whom he has written an introduction.

For those interested, here's some great You Tube clips from Lovecraft eZine which deal with Laird's work:

The Lovecraft eZine Panel Talks With Laird Barron

Notes On The Work Of Laird Barron