Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: "1922" coming to Netflix

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Default "1922" coming to Netflix

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hea...-parker-943444
    Thomas Jane and Molly Parker are starring in the latest adaptation of a Stephen King story, Netflix's adaptation of the author's novella 1922.

Zak Hilditch will direct from the screenplay he wrote based on King's 131-page story telling of a man's confession of his wife's murder. The tale is told from from the perspective of Wilfred James, the story's unreliable narrator who admits to killing his wife, Arlette, with his son in Nebraska. But after he buries her body, he finds himself terrorized by rats and, as his life begins to unravel, becomes convinced his wife is haunting him.

Jane is playing Wilfred James, while Parker is playing Arlette. Dylan Schmid, Kaitlyn Bernard, Brian D’Arcy James and Neal McDonough also are starring. Ross M. Dinerstein is producing the film via his Campfire banner. The project is currently shooting in Vancouver.

1922 marks Netflix's second project based on King's work. Mike Flanagan is directing an adaptation of Gerald's Game, which stars Carla Gugino and currently is in production.

Hilditch helmed the apocalyptic thriller These Final Hours, which screened at the 2014 Cannes Film Festival. He is repped by Paradigm and Thruline Entertainment.

Jane is a King veteran, having appeared in 2003's Dreamcatcher and 2007's The Mist. The actor, who starred on the TV series Hung and The Expanse, will next be seen in the film Hot Summer Nights with Maika Monroe. He is repped by Paradigm and Ziffren Brittenham.

Parker stars on Netflix’s series House of Cards as Jackie Sharp, and recently was seen in Ewan McGregor’s directorial debut American Pastoral. She is repped by CAA and Circle of Confusion.

Paradigm packaged and negotiated the deal with Netflix.

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Shouldnt be too expensive to produce. I wonder how many other King stories will head up to Netflix
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

http://movieweb.com/mike-patton-soun...ng-movie-1922/
    Musical chameleon Mike Patton has announced that he's working on a score for the Netflix adaptation of the Stephen King novella 1922. In November of last year, it was announced that Netflix would be making a movie based on King's short story. Zak Hilditch will direct the movie based off of the screenplay that he wrote. The story is told through the narration of the main character who confesses to murdering his wife and later believes that she is haunting him. Not much else has been revealed about the movie, but we have learned that Mike Patton has already composed the score.

Mike Patton, who is probably best known as the lead singer of the experimental rock band Faith No More, recently spoke to Rolling Stone about his new black metal project Dead Cross with ex-Slayer drummer Dave Lombardo. At the end of the article, Patton casually mentions that he has composed the score for 1922, based on the literature of Stephen King. Here's how the music legend described the impending soundtrack.

"It's more haunting and Hitchcock-y than you might think."

This is exciting news for fans of King and Patton, especially when one thinks of Patton channeling Hitchcock. Patton started scoring work in 2005 when he was approached to compose the score of an independent movie called Pinion. However, the movie has never been released. Patton went on to score the short movie A Perfect Place, which is notable because the score took longer than the movie to make. In 2009 Patton composed the score for Crank: High Voltage and in 2014 he composed the eerie score for The Place Beyond the Pines, which has been his biggest score to date. Director Derek Cianfrance gave Patton total artistic freedom to do what he wanted with the score for The Place Beyond the Pines, a process that Patton took by the reigns and came out with beautiful, unsettling pieces of music.

He also voiced the vampire-like creatures in Will Smith's I Am Legend and provided the narration for the futuristic thriller Bunraku starring Josh Hartnett. He also collaborated on the theme song to Ridley Scott's Body of Lies with System of a Down's Serj Tankian, with both parties singing on the single titled Bird's Eye, which turned out to be a bigger hit than that action thriller itself. On the acting side, Mike Patton headlined the little seen 2005 thriller Firecracker, where he played dual roles.

Patton is a huge fan of movies, particularly horror and noir. One of his many musical projects, Fantomas, made a record of all movie and TV show scores, entitled The Final Cut. The band puts their sonic touches on these classic scores and turns them into something completely new that is still recognizable. For instance, the "Theme of the Godfather" is turned into a thrash metal song with bizarre guttural vocal noises added from Patton. It's an interesting album to say the least. Patton is always pushing the boundaries of his creativity and always has from his days in Mr. Bungle all the way up to his more "conventional" work with Tomahawk. Though, he's quick to note in the Rolling Stone article that more Faith No More music could be on the way, as that band has become an 'open book', and his next record, taking the front man choirs in Dead Cross, will be available this August.

1922 does not yet have a release date, but it is on the 2017 slate and it is currently in post-production. The movie will star Thomas Jane (Hung) and Molly Parker (House of Cards). If the score of The Place Beyond the Pines is any indication of where the 1922 score can go, viewers will be in for a treat. Patton is an artist who does things the way he wants and the results are always fearless and unique.

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Up²
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Country
    Country Flag

Double-header this Halloween on Netflix?

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Bev Vincent View Post
    The article from the LA Times says that, but 1922 is not mentionned on the Fantastic Fest website....?
    > http://fantasticfest.com/films

Citizen of Gilead burial will become famous soon enough burial will become famous soon enough burial's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by herbertwest View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Bev Vincent View Post
    The article from the LA Times says that, but 1922 is not mentionned on the Fantastic Fest website....?
    > http://fantasticfest.com/films
    It is there:
    http://fantasticfest.com/news/entry/...017-first-wave

But there are no other detail, no photo, so i guess they were not able to add it to detailed list
    Looking for:
    S/L: "Insomnia" (#117), "Firestarter", "EOTD #98"
    US 1st/1st: "Night Shift"
    Portfolios: "'Salem's Lot", "Cycle of Werewolf" (#192)
    please help me find any #731 or #431

My full Wanted List

Country
    Country Flag

The 1922 page will soon be added to the website, so yeah, I was confirmed that the movie will be shown at the festival

Citizen of Gilead burial will become famous soon enough burial will become famous soon enough burial's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag
    Looking for:

My full Wanted List

Country
    Country Flag
    Looking for:

My full Wanted List

Demon of the Prim mikeC has a spectacular aura about mikeC has a spectacular aura about mikeC has a spectacular aura about

Why do they make trailers so long? I hate the "stomp" sound fx editing BS in the beginning, hope that trend dies soon.

Looks good though!, I'ts the right length of story for an adaptation.

thanks for posting.

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Seems to be a great year for adaptations. Well, for the most part....
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Country
    Country Flag

IMO, it looks better than Gerald's Game...

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

That’s pretty much the whole story in the trailer...
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

Country
    Country Flag

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by stroppygoblin View Post
    That’s pretty much the whole story in the trailer...
    Yes, my thoughts too. Wish they would just do teaser trailers for horror films. They usually give away way too much in the trailer. Looks really good though.
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Gunslinger Apprentice Steve will become famous soon enough Steve's Avatar

In a year of strong King adaptations (if one chooses to ignore The Dark Tower), 1922 was the best of the lot for me. Thomas Jane was incredibly unsettling in the wonderful slow-burner that felt like a down-home Poe tale.

"I aim to misbehave."
    -- Malcolm Reynolds

"I am a leaf on the wind. Watch how I soar."
    -- Hoban Washburne

"What does that make us?"
    "Big damn heroes, sir."
    "Ain't we just."
    -- Malcolm Reynolds and Zoe Washburne

Citizen of Gilead mattgreenbean has a spectacular aura about mattgreenbean has a spectacular aura about mattgreenbean's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Very enjoyable. Felt like There Will Be Blood meets Stephen King. Hoping 1922 and Geralds Game make it to disc one day with commentaries.
    "That which you think, becomes your world" Matheson

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

I also enjoyed it. Always like to see adaptations that don't stray too far from the original story. I felt the 'Sweetheart Bandits' segue was a little devoid of the detail found in the book and so lost much of it's impact, but still worked well to move the story along.
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by stroppygoblin View Post
    I also enjoyed it. Always like to see adaptations that don't stray too far from the original story. I felt the 'Sweetheart Bandits' segue was a little devoid of the detail found in the book and so lost much of it's impact, but still worked well to move the story along.
    I also felt the same way about the sweethearts. Overall though, I liked it a lot. I thought Thomas Jane played his character so well, and thought his accent was spot on.

Country
    Country Flag

Were some budget informations ever released about 1922 & Gerald's Game?

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Just watched this last night and really enjoyed it. Easily the best done out of the recent batch of adaptations. I haven't read the story in awhile though so I can't name the inconsistencies it might have with the book. The setting and feel of the film were excellent, and Thomas Jane was wonderful in it. I was also wondering how much they had for a budget because it was so well done. Too bad it wasn't released in theaters. Although being more of a slow burn film I wonder how it would have done
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Country
    Country Flag

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast